It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is hate speech now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
In a related study just release....

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Something‘s Gotta give .

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Personally, I hope that Facebook censors it way out of business.

I scrapped Facebook years ago. I don't have Twitter, Instagram, or any of the other social media apps. I don't fear being banned. If the conversation reaches the point of attacks, in place of the sharing of ideas, I ban myself. I don't care if it's politics, Laurel, or Yannie. I will not engage in conversation that has eroded pass being civil.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me. We don't have to agree to be friends. We don't have to like the same things. I love dearly, and even share the table and enjoy meals with a friend that mixes pineapple with her avocado, and watch her turn beet red, yet remain silent when I mix my avocado with grapefruit slices.

Facebook has become an albatross. People need to just chuck it.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

My patience.

I'm already to cry havoc and let slip the memes of war.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Something‘s Gotta give .

I was discussing this with a friend on Friday here in the UK and both us think a civil war is coming in the USA , the way people are reacting and behaving over the pond

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It'll be a short one.

All conservatives have to do is meme our way to victory.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: artnut

originally posted by: oloufo

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: oloufo

So are you for banning hate speech?

Just curious beyond your primer of Nazi suppression of differing speech.

Yes, but who gets to decide what is hate speech and what isn't? Slippery slope indeed.

Of course you have to banish hatred. Every society needs rules, boundaries, respect, dignity, such things. Insulting people is a crime. Threat too. Just like physical violence, fraud and so on. Rules. Civilized world. What is the use of hatred? Why defend something that always ends in something negative and destructive? I can't just yell at some toddler on the street and insult him desperately and then invoke my right to hate speech afterwards.

The majority of people.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat
The same crap has happened to me, and I'm sick of it. Everyday its a fight against whatever the hell is wrong in this world, and there is def something very wrong. It not only attacks me, but I see what its doing to my Wife. Its making us all dumber, turning people into careless drones and you have to be aware and put up a real honest to goodness fight against it every day. Its exhausting.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Yes, but who gets to decide what is hate speech and what isn't? Slippery slope indeed.

Of course you have to banish hatred. Every society needs rules, boundaries, respect, dignity, such things. Insulting people is a crime. Threat too. Just like physical violence, fraud and so on. Rules. Civilized world. What is the use of hatred? Why defend something that always ends in something negative and destructive? I can't just yell at some toddler on the street and insult him desperately and then invoke my right to hate speech afterwards.

The majority of people.

Isn't that how Nazism rose in Germany?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

War on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook .

Bring plenty of ammo aka sock accounts

If there’s a Civil War the left won’t be as well armed as us .

They can’t shoot pistols cause it’ll break their limp wrists .

Then they can’t fight their way back to their rifles . Lol

But seriously it’s going to get real ugly if Trump gets reelected .

The left’s behavior and the fact that they’re splitting into two camps.

Guarantees trumps reelection .

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
If I've learned anything from ATS (its members) it's that anyone who even remotely questions or criticizes Trump it's automatically because they hate him. Sounds to me like criticism is now "hate speech" to some people when it comes to Trump.

Remove the splinter from your own eye before trying to remove the one from someone else's.

With that said I think that this is absolutely retarded. Nowhere in that image is there any hate speech at all, it's literally a meme template with some words.

Facebook is a joke. If it weren't for my friends and family back home (2,000 miles away) I would never use it or even have one.
edit on 12/1/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The majority of people.

Isn't that how Nazism rose in Germany?

Nah ... that took less than 20%.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Farcebook needs some of this

Give them hell lads

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

If there’s a Civil War the left won’t be as well armed as us .

And they'd never leave the safety and security of Facebook, and if they did.

They'd get confused by which restroom to use.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
Farcebook needs some of this

Give them hell lads

I couldn't pass a background check for one of those.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I got rejected too.

On account of it held too many batteries.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Their site, their rules. Same goes for ATS if they decide as much. We can either suck it up and realize free speech pertains to not legally allowing the government to shut us TF up, or cry about misguided and misunderstood beliefs about freedom of speech.

Seriously, it's not infringing, it's playing by the house rules when they have them and if they decide to change them (which is a reserved right anyway in the game of T & Cs) Infringing would be Uncle Sam's goons stepping in to paddle you for the meme. THAT ain't right.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That makes two of us then

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join