It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is hate speech now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Liberals house liberals rules .

It’s not right but it’s not gonna change until something happens with the Internet communication decency act .

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Just wait until the tenth and YOUTUBE goes to town on the videos

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Unreal that this is labeled hate speech. Well, the good thing is, that it was done by facebook and not by a nation. A private company can pretty much set their own rules and agendas, while abiding the law of course.

I am not too big of a MAGA person but this meme was alright. And no profanity, no nudity, i see no grounds for this to be banned from anywhere.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So if I post that pic right now I'll get banned?

That makes me wanna pst it so bad! lol

edit on 1-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Facebook obviously banned because Melania is a real woman.

edit on 1-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Some snowflakes cannot even spell humour right

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I’ve heard some talk about that .

True hateful speech is one thing .

But when they start removing content for obvious preference .

The line of thought is they become editors and can be sued like any other public organization .

I hope they do cross that line.

Then the liberal lock on censorship now by the media could be broken .

The only problem would be the “ my lawyer can beat up your lawyer “ Fact of life .

YouTube can hire enough lawyers to stomp yours to sleep .

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Conservatives need to start a Gofundme Account and raise capital to force a hostile takeover of Facebook,Youtube, and Google.

Then fire their arses.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Lumenari

You know, if I just randomly saw that meme without any other context, I think I'd probably be more likely to assume it was actually taking a dig at Trump supporters.

All hail the great Trump overloads... lol.

So to you Gaga is hotter then Melania?

Neither particularly strike me as "hot"... although, I'm sure Melania had her day.

But that's not really the point, its a creepy meme! Wouldn't be surprised if it was actually Melania's people who flagged it and had it taken down themselves.

How exactly is it creepy?

My god.

Because it comes across as being one step over the line from just supporting the Trumps and into the realm of full blown worshiping them.

Like I said in my OP in this thread, without context, I would have probably assumed it was taking a dig at Trump supporters and thought it was funny.

Some of you guys are so radicalized and ideological about your great divine leader that you can't even see it... just saying.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Their shareholders are the true owners and are okay with all their censorship as long as they keep making money.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: oloufo

So are you for banning hate speech?

Just curious beyond your primer of Nazi suppression of differing speech.

Of course you have to banish hatred. Every society needs rules, boundaries, respect, dignity, such things. Insulting people is a crime. Threat too. Just like physical violence, fraud and so on. Rules. Civilized world. What is the use of hatred? Why defend something that always ends in something negative and destructive? I can't just yell at some toddler on the street and insult him desperately and then invoke my right to hate speech afterwards.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

That's why I don't own Fang stocks.

It's not alright with me.
edit on 1-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Hyperbole..what a surprise.

I don't know a single left leaning person that would call this hate speech.(I accept I could be wrong)

I'm rather puzzled how it could of been classified as such. Facebook is for idiots anyway.

edit on 1-12-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

Of course you have to banish hatred. Every society needs rules, boundaries, respect, dignity, such things. Insulting people is a crime. Threat too. Just like physical violence, fraud and so on. Rules. Civilized world. What is the use of hatred? Why defend something that always ends in something negative and destructive? I can't just yell at some toddler on the street and insult him desperately and then invoke my right to hate speech afterwards.

Define hate speech.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Lumenari

You know, if I just randomly saw that meme without any other context, I think I'd probably be more likely to assume it was actually taking a dig at Trump supporters.

All hail the great Trump overloads... lol.

So to you Gaga is hotter then Melania?

Neither particularly strike me as "hot"... although, I'm sure Melania had her day.

But that's not really the point, its a creepy meme! Wouldn't be surprised if it was actually Melania's people who flagged it and had it taken down themselves.

How exactly is it creepy?

My god.

Because it comes across as being one step over the line from just supporting the Trumps and into the realm of full blown worshiping them.

Like I said in my OP in this thread, without context, I would have probably assumed it was taking a dig at Trump supporters and thought it was funny.

Some of you guys are so radicalized and ideological about your great divine leader that you can't even see it... just saying.

Ironic, considering you're seeing what you want to see, or are programmed to see.

I see a picture of the first lady, dressed elegantly, pointing out the contrast between her and a pop star that wore a meat suit to an awards show. With a slogan added for good measure. Doesn't really go any deeper than that.

Stop being over sensitive.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yes, but who gets to decide what is hate speech and what isn't? Slippery slope indeed.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

In overreacting to your country's history, you've lead yourselves down an alternate path of fascism.

What do you do about the loud drunks in the pub?

edit on 1-12-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

It is getting scary where all this is heading , And it is going to be sooner than we think

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

So much wrong with your post.

Technically Hitler could have written it.

First off, insulting people is not a crime in America.

Secondly, the 1st Amendment isn't about protecting speech that everyone agrees with.

It's about protecting speech that people don't agree with.

That way you can debate it, talk about it, see if is a good idea or a bad one.

Then let society decide if the idea is good or bad.... let the idea live or die on its own merits.

Banning speech that whomever is in power at the time deems offensive doesn't allow discussion.

Something Hitler was all about.

Third and finally, yelling anything at a toddler on the street isn't about free speech at all.

/facepalm

edit on 1-12-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
IF Insulting people was a crime.

Every single Trump hater would be locked up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join