It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is hate speech now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

www.thegatewaypundit.com... alls-it-hate-speech/

The picture above was banned by Facebook for hate speech. It's in the link provided above.

This is not a thread on Facebook though. We've all been through this. Facebook can ban anyone they want, they can censor whomever they want because they are free to do so.

This is on how the definition of "hate speech" is changing.

As a proponent of free speech, even hate speech, I've had to defend Nazi's for their freedom to say what they say, I've defended the leftists for "wishing" that Trump would be assassinated.

It's stuff like that, I'd consider "hate speech". Not something I agree with, but I'll defend to the death, your right to say it. (attributed to someone)

But when something gets banned for "hate speech" shouldn't it be hateful?

Or is this, the new definition of hate speech by the left?

+41 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The left's definition of hate speech hasn't changed in generations.

If you say something they don't agree with or simply don't like then it's hate speech.

Period.

That and your example is the dreaded "meme"...

Something the left abhors because they suck at it.

I found it rather funny however.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I got banned a few years ago for saying all the cool kids are of to Antarctica for their holidays , i logged on the next day and it was over yet i put the story up months before about how they were targeting teenagers with ads in certain areas to watch their response and it was up for months and nothing happened

I never miss it anyway

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

The left's definition of hate speech hasn't changed in generations.

If you say something they don't agree with or simply don't like then it's hate speech.

Period.

That and your example is the dreaded "meme"...

Something the left abhors because they suck at it.

I found it rather funny however.

Their definition of hate speech is what ever the left does not like.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You know, if I just randomly saw that meme without any other context, I think I'd probably be more likely to assume it was actually taking a dig at Trump supporters.

All hail the great Trump overlords... lol.
edit on 1-12-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

If someone may become upset by something said...it becomes defined as 'Hate Speech'...because upsetting someone is now hateful.

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Which is why we can't FOR A SECOND, allow any movement towards the banning, the censoring, the legislation towards hate speech.

+41 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

You know, if I just randomly saw that meme without any other context, I think I'd probably be more likely to assume it was actually taking a dig at Trump supporters.

All hail the great Trump overloads... lol.

So to you Gaga is hotter then Melania?

No wonder Michelle O is so popular amongst the left.

They simply have bad taste in women.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
So, yeah, the social media companies are private but they've been given, basically, immunity from lawsuits that apply to neutral platforms which we now know they are not.

If President Trump wins a second term, expect to see various enemies of the republic--both institutional & corporate--get their asses handed to them.

(post by stonerwilliam removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Its actually amazing how fast norms change.

You see this as silly, but in 10 or so years it will be the norm.

I was watching some 90s tv shows the other day and out of nowhere the thought "this is so wrong" popped in my head. TV shows everyone thought where great and popular back when they aired, brain candy type shows. Non controversial in the least in the 90s.

But there I was, with out thought, with out wanting to, feeling how PC wrong the shows where. After I caught myself doing it I felt dirty; dispite believing I didn't buy into such propaganda that clearly wasn't the case. I guess that's the real power of propaganda, it may take a while but it seeps into everything and everyone.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Neither particularly strike me as "hot"... although, I'm sure Melania had her day.

But that's not really the point, its a creepy meme! Wouldn't be surprised if it was actually Melania's people who flagged it and had it taken down themselves.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

That's scary.

Guess why we need to fight back all the time.

The slow insidious creep of "right speak" is always waiting for us.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

But when something gets banned for "hate speech" shouldn't it be hateful?

Nope, and I made a meme just for your thread DB:

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Neither particularly strike me as "hot"... although, I'm sure Melania had her day.

But that's not really the point, its a creepy meme! Wouldn't be surprised if it was actually Melania's people who flagged it and had it taken down themselves.

Because I am a kind and wonderful person, I've started a Go-Fund_me for you to get a "sense of humour" transplant, apparently your original one has atrophied.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I get that the leftists use the term as a tool for censorship and at the same time use hate speech freely and hide behind the 1st amendment.

I just would like to point out what complete assholes they are.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Hitler's rise is based on his words and writings. He was able to make his hate speeches in public. It was his pathetic appearance that electrified people and finally turned them into murderers. Those who opposed it either ended up in concentration camps or were executed or expelled from the country. I would never defend anything the Nazis did. Inciting people to violence is not an opinion but a crime. Facebook is boring anyway.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

If that is Hate Speech, I am going to get the Facebook/Twitter guillotine for an anagram.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

How exactly is it creepy?

My god.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

So are you for banning hate speech?

Just curious beyond your primer of Nazi suppression of differing speech.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join