It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Area 51 & CIA Employee Implies Tic Tac UFO Event Was A Classified Test

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Which still doesn't matter. Almost all EW systems have a lot of public data about them, and they still work. Knowing something exists, and knowing how it works are wildly different in terms of countermeasure systems. Even if you know how it works, it takes years to develop a counter to it. And that system isn't sitting still during that time, so you have to deal with the improvements to it as well as the original system.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It doesn't really take complicated counter measures just a look out the window.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yeah, you have no idea. Looking out the window doesn't do your targeting system any good now does it. And are you going to look out the window to target your missiles? Or guide them?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Been my viewpoint since the first report.

Weapons checking a training jet, before air visual contact was redundant and the dead giveaway.

They just wanted to make sure a trigger happy accident didn't murder a multi-million dollar black project.

We wouldn't weapons check for pretty much any other scenario. Not something that they for the most part, knew, shouldn't have live arms.

Shouldn't have even bothered with the fly out, if they thought it could be extraterrestrial.

Not going to shoot at drug runner planes, and not going to randomly engage another nation's spy drone.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

These realistic-looking false signatures and decoys have the ability to appear seamlessly across disparate and geographically separated enemy sensor systems located both above and below the ocean's surface.

Does sending a high speed 'ghost' radar signature over foreign territory (or under foreign waters) not have the potential to make people with big red buttons get very nervous?

Or am I completely missing the point?

I mean, I can see how it would be a useful system (with my little to no knowledge), it just seems like the sort of system that could cause a potential mishap,

I 'dunno, 🤷🏻‍♂️

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

They're not going to just randomly use this over another country. It's an electronic warfare system designed for use in war to protect aircraft and ships.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Halfswede

And there was something seen by the F-18 pilots. He said that there was something there that appeared to be standing still. Exactly like Palladium used, and was rolled into NEMESIS.

until it wasn't standing still. The whole point and I'm not sure why you are trying to dispute, is that the CIA guy is talking about RF spoofing in response to an IR video. I stand by my assertion that there are no IR spoofing systems short of hacking the display that don't require the IR source to be at the location observed whether it is simply an object coated with material for solar absorption/reflection, an active source, flare, or whatever. It has to be more or less where it appears and be moving as it appears (position vector, not body dynamics -- those can be easily spoofed) which means to spoof this there still has to be something doing what is apparent on screen even if it is a decoy.

None of the systems you have listed work in such a way that a signal is 'injected' to spoof an object where there is nothing anywhere near which is what the CIA guy is describing. That is done on the RF side and isn't such a big secret as he is implying, but he is clearly describing RF spoofing.

This has nothing to do with the legitimacy of the video or UFOs, just the assertion that it is a false/spoofed IR target where nothing actually existed.
edit on 2-12-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

We've gone beyond just RF jamming, and have gone into vertical launched IR decoys, towed RF and IR decoys, and incredibly sophisticated EW systems.
edit on 12/2/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

Weapons checking a training jet, before air visual contact was redundant and the dead giveaway.

Although it's a possibility that elements within the Navy conspired to set up some of their own people and equipment as unwitting test subjects- not heard any sensible arguments about why they'd do it in such a public manner.

The only bit of the alleged "test" you couldn't replicate at the multiple facilities already set up for testing black projects would be the collection of security liabilities in the carrier group.

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
a reply to: shawmanfromny

These realistic-looking false signatures and decoys have the ability to appear seamlessly across disparate and geographically separated enemy sensor systems located both above and below the ocean's surface.

Does sending a high speed 'ghost' radar signature over foreign territory (or under foreign waters) not have the potential to make people with big red buttons get very nervous?

Or am I completely missing the point?

No - that's what it's supposed to do.

Obviously you don't keep spoofing an ICBM launch on Moscow - but having even the alleged capability is just another headache for the intelligence analysts who set the readiness level of the red button operators.

This type of capability is not new and it's entirely likely at least a couple other Nuke powers have similar capabilities/technologies at a more localised scale.

Any US adversaries will also not be entirely reliant on Radar systems due to Stealth Technology....

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
that don't require the IR source to be at the location observed whether it is simply an object coated with material for solar absorption/reflection, an active source, flare, or whatever

There could be a system that can create hot spots in air. There has been the suggestion of a particle beam weapon. I think it could be achieved simpler using a focused beam created by microwave phased arrays.

Sticking with the microwave idea. What if they managed to create and control microwave-excited plasmoids (fireballs) in the atmosphere using microwave beams. That would be some pretty cool sh*t.
edit on 2-12-2019 by moebius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Paranoid ramblings and pure speculation to follow;

UFO's glow bright as the atmospheric gases plasmerise, lasers cause a crackle at the intersection between beams (some might say the UFO made a hum or sizzle sound of high voltage), UFO can appear and disappear with the click of a mouse, UFO's can move from horizon to horizon as fast (literally the speed if light) as the drivers can manipulate their satellites and other tech, pilot sees it, others see it and all report how fast it moved, radar has been spoofed and the little grey buggers have evaded capture....again!

www.youtube.com...

edit on 2-12-2019 by ImprobabilityDrive because: Added speculative thoughts

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

We've gone beyond just RF jamming, and have gone into vertical launched IR decoys, towed RF and IR decoys, and incredibly sophisticated EW systems.

Again, none of those systems are placing a completely false target in view in IR. They are decoys and devices at location giving off a signature designed to look like a known signature or benign signature or mask something else. Implying that I have been merely talking about RF jamming is pretty silly.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

I was wondering the same.

But maybe using lasers to create a atmospheric lens to focus energy from many miles away. Then using another laser and vibrating it so that it creates a hologram with almost solid properties that show up on radar.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

And we know next to nothing about what else is out there, which is exactly the point of this thread. Countermeasure systems are being constantly developed and improved, and there's a lot of money being dumped into new systems.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImprobabilityDrive
Paranoid ramblings and pure speculation to follow;

UFO's glow bright as the atmospheric gases plasmerise, lasers cause a crackle at the intersection between beams (some might say the UFO made a hum or sizzle sound of high voltage), UFO can appear and disappear with the click of a mouse, UFO's can move from horizon to horizon as fast (literally the speed if light) as the drivers can manipulate their satellites and other tech, pilot sees it, others see it and all report how fast it moved, radar has been spoofed and the little grey buggers have evaded capture....again!

www.youtube.com...

Good find on the 3D laser systems. This is my speculation on what they saw.

They can also do solid-looking holograms.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I just checked US submarine sizes. To see if it’s even in the realm of possibility, that a 40 foot long tic tac could eject out of a submarine.

According to wiki, the Ohio-class is the largest US submarine. It’s length is 560 feet with a beam of 42. If the length of the tic tac was 40 feet, I’d presume the width would be in the neighborhood of 20 - 30 max. This would seem to put it in the realm of possibility of coming out of a sub. Which would also explain the ‘white water’ at the surface that the tic tacs were seen hovering over.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Now, what's interesting about this, is that back in June, The WARZONE published an article about submarine-launched, radar reflector-toting balloons used to stimulate enemy air defense. These "radar reflecting balloons" are what some Super Hornet pilots saw off the East Coast in 2015. Could it be possible, that in the last 50 years, exotic applications for older technological concepts could result in capabilities that seem alien at first glance?

Material baloons that defy the laws of physics and laugh at gravity?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
sending a high speed 'ghost' radar signature over foreign territory... seems like the sort of system that could cause a potential
mishap,

Like a false flag to start a war?

"In March, 2015, after the Roosevelt was deployed to the Arabian Gulf, Graves said the UFOs reappeared.

"We did have issues with them when we went out to the Middle East," Lt. Graves said."

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
S & F

I’ve been waiting for insider information about this to come out.

I stated in previous threads, that I believe the tic tac was our own tech, being tested on our own Navy.

How else would you test cutting edge technology?

These guys aren't insiders to Tic-Tac technology and they don't claim to be.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

And there was something seen by the F-18 pilots. He said that there was something there that appeared to be standing still. Exactly like Palladium used, and was rolled into NEMESIS.

It wouldn't make much sense to have some kind of EM false targets and even the implied holographic "objects" in the vicinity of the strike group and an actual physical object in the air in the form of IR decoy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join