It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Area 51 & CIA Employee Implies Tic Tac UFO Event Was A Classified Test

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
In an article released by The WARZONE on November 25, two men who worked on classified, advanced aerospace programs back in the 60's, weigh in on the recent Navy UFO (Tic-Tac) Encounters.

T.D. Barnes started working on black op projects back in 1954, when he worked on the "world’s first operational surface-to-air missile systems (SAM)." In the early 60's, he worked for the CIA as a Special Projects engineer at Area 51, working on the A-12 spy plane ( Project OXCART).

CIA developed the highly secret A-12 OXCAR as the U-2 spy plane’s successor, intended to meet the nation’s need for a very fast, very high-flying reconnaissance aircraft that could avoid Soviet air defenses. It became operational on November 12, 1965. Not only did the A-12 prove its worth during its short operational life, but the overall OXCART project produced the second-longest-lasting aerial reconnaissance platform in US intelligence history: the SR-71.

www.cia.gov...

Barnes states that the CIA was worried that a new, highly advanced Soviet Union radar system would be able to detect the A-12 when it flew missions over their airspace. The CIA then developed a program called PALLADIUM that caused false targets to pop up on the Soviet Union’s new radar system.

In the 2010 Mirage Men book, Mark Pilkington discusses how Dr. Leon Davidson thought some UFO radar appearances were man-made, created for covert counterintelligence purposes. Pilkington discussed a CIA program that created radar "ghosts," Project Palladium, and how it might have been used to also spoof UFOs.

www.blueblurrylines.com...

In this article, Barnes states:
“Using an electronics-laden C-97 [EC-97G], we could make Soviet radars believe they were tracking any number of aerial objects,” mused Barnes. “At one point, a Russian MiG-15 pilot even claimed he could see the target and had a lock on it.”

Concerning the Tic Tac UFO sightings by Navy Super Hornet fighter pilots he states:
“I don’t have the answers to what the Navy aviators saw, but in my mind, I’m thinking, we are doing it again.”

Now here is where it gets interesting. On November 7, The WARZONE published an article on the Navy’s latest revolution in electronic warfare, the Netted Emulation of Multi-Element Signature against Integrated Sensors, or NEMESIS.

The U.S. Navy has been quietly developing what could be one of the most important, transformative, and fascinating advances in naval combat, and warfare in general, in years. This new electronic warfare "system of systems" has been clandestinely refined over the last five years and judging from the Navy's own budgetary documents, it may be operational soon, if it isn't already. This secretive new electronic warfare "ecosystem" is known as Netted Emulation of Multi-Element Signature against Integrated Sensors, or NEMESIS.

it's clear that, for years, the Navy has been developing and integrating multiple types of unmanned vehicles, shipboard and submarine systems, countermeasures and electronic warfare payloads, and communication technologies to give it the ability to project what is, in essence, phantom fleets of aircraft, ships, and submarines. These realistic-looking false signatures and decoys have the ability to appear seamlessly across disparate and geographically separated enemy sensor systems located both above and below the ocean's surface

www.thedrive.com...

A retired CIA executive officer was also interviewed for this article. S. Eugene Poteat is the man who founded and for 15-years ran PALLADIUM while working at the CIA’s Directorate of Science and Technology office.

Poteat mentioned that PALLADIUM utilized metallic balloons, that were launched from submarines. They did this to see if the Soviet Union's radar systems had the ability to track small targets.

“The idea was for the early warning radar to track our electronic aircraft. Then for our submarine to surface and release the calibrated spheres up and into the path of the oncoming false aircraft.”

Now, what's interesting about this, is that back in June, The WARZONE published an article about submarine-launched, radar reflector-toting balloons used to stimulate enemy air defense. These "radar reflecting balloons" are what some Super Hornet pilots saw off the East Coast in 2015. Could it be possible, that in the last 50 years, exotic applications for older technological concepts could result in capabilities that seem alien at first glance?

In this clip, Navy Super Hornet pilot Ryan Graves states "that the object was likely standing still, floating in the air," when his Super Hornet flew past it:

edit on 12/1/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Could the "Tic Tac UFOs," seen by the Navy's carrier groups back in 2004 and in 2015, be some sort of clandestine, highly advanced project used to test the strike groups air defense capabilities, including systems installed on the Super Hornets? T.D. Barnes seems to think so.

In both instances, 2004 and 2014-2015, the carrier groups underway were equipped with revolutionary new systems that would give them huge leaps in networked air defense capabilities. In the first instance, the Navy’s groundbreaking Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) was preparing for its first deployment ever.

Also by 2015, many Super Hornets had gained new the significantly upgraded Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar systems.

www.thedrive.com...

T.D. Barnes believes the deployment of these new technologies to be key and thinks it’s likely the Navy’s “UFO encounters” involved simultaneously testing of ship’s air defense capabilities and the ability of new technologies to defeat them. “Testing and evaluating advanced technology, both domestic and our adversaries was much of what we did while I was with Special Projects at Area 51,” said Barnes.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I am somewhat familiar with the system as described. It will fit in a panel van. The system can project an entire "false" fleet that will fool enemy radar. It's definitely real.

Having said that, that doesn't explain the Tic-tacs. Those weren't just radar sightings. They were sighted by numerous individuals at close range and coroborated by gun camera footage. That's three separate and disparate methods of sighting that took place. This system can "explain" only one of them. Further, these witnesses aren't witness to anything. They are just speculating.

The information you've presented here is really interesting, Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
S & F

I’ve been waiting for insider information about this to come out.

I stated in previous threads, that I believe the tic tac was our own tech, being tested on our own Navy.

How else would you test cutting edge technology?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Helluva thread man.

Thanks for putting this together for us.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The tic tac vid was IR if I recall. You can't put a false return out there for IR the way you can for RF. It's passive, so something out there has to be a real thermal body and has to be moving the same way it appears to be.

RF you can spoof with various techniques, but you have to really know the system you are trying to spoof. Even then, they are usually short-lived. Sounds like some old timer who didn't really know the full context when asked the question.
edit on 1-12-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Great thread. Over Target so-to-speak lol. 👍

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

these are the threads i love. thanks for that. sounds plausible to me. we may have to make friends with the thought that there not have been any contact yet and that we won't be visited. fact is: there's no solid evidence yet. so it's good that real 'professionals' are also involved with the topic. scientists, pyhsicians, engineers, mathematicians, astronomers, etc... they dig deeper and deeper into space, explore other planets and search for life there. we amateurs search the internet for it. i think the professionals win.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

There are systems that are used as IR decoys. It's fairly easy to spoof an IR signature. There have been a number of systems that spoof IR signatures of the launching aircraft or ships.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
yes, but you have to actually spoof the signature at the point of observation, correct? It is a real return from a real thing, right? I am not aware of IR decoys that are entirely electronic. There is something there emitting a thermal signature (special flares, IR countermeasures etc).

RF spoofing can be done entirely electronically (range gate pullout etc.) which is what they are describing --putting returns where there is nothing.

edit on 1-12-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Raytheon has a patent for a towed IR array. A balloon used in NEMESIS would have an IR decoy system installed on it beyond flares.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

As far as I know, those things are still just mimicing a signature by emitting from a source that exists in the location that it is perceived. There is something there. That is not what is being described. I'll admit, my expertise is RF, but I deal with systems that have to deal with this stuff on the IR side all the time as well, and I am not aware of any way to spoof IR without something being at the location it is looking, short of straight up hacking the system. You may be right, but I haven't seen it and if you have, you can't say.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You would think that dude from TTSA that also claimed to work on black projects woulda heard about this.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Apparently it was a new type of flir, but flir is flir, so not sure what an Advance Flir system is over any old standard Flir if the primary premise is basically the same.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I thought the measured flight characteristics proved the craft was not like anything ever seen before.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

And there was something seen by the F-18 pilots. He said that there was something there that appeared to be standing still. Exactly like Palladium used, and was rolled into NEMESIS.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It’s probably plasma.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Okay but why make it public? Seems like the kind of stuff you'd want to keep secret under all circumstances.
The Tic-Tac was very specific in its appearance, easy to identify, seems like now it's absolutely useless...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It's hardly useless. The SR-71 was unveiled before it ever flew, and it went on to a highly successful career for 35 years.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

But we're not talking about a plane but about a way to fool your opponent. "If you see this it's not real" as a disclaimer for that kind of thing makes it absolutely pointless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join