It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology is moving to fast for me these days

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I can see people in 5 years with a brain transplant and always connected to the net and monitored everywhere and willingly like cyber men from Doctor who or like in the film Ready player one .

We are half-way there already

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I bought 4 drills and loads of other goodies since Thursday alone bud

You are simply incorrigible.

Back to the OP: here is how home-automation works here in Canada;

( PS: not my vid, nor anyone that we know. )

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Veryolduser

Even my old mother now has Alexa aaaaaaahhhh , I stayed over a few days at hers as she was ill and took a cuppa into her bedroom one morning only to hear those dreaded words ALEXA PLAY wtf there is a spy in the house in a wall socket and both her and my sister are cool with this

It quickly got unplugged when her back was turned , no way will i be around that kind of technology

I forget which virtual assistant you could rename I had a friend name his wiretap and it was actually pretty funny listening to him ask for stuff from it

Rename your WIFI drug squad van and that will give the neighbours a heart attack
every time i go ti my friends for a brew a mysterious drug squad van pops up on his wifi

Named mine "FBI Surveillance Van" My grandson is the only one who has caught it (and told me.) Of course, that's on my WiFi router at my house. That's quite a trick taking your router with you to a friend's house so it appears on his equipment, doubtless already connected to his own WiFi.

Easy, use your mobile phone as a wifi hotspot.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

What she was not trained to pour it into a glass , that is sheer laziness bud , i stayed at my mums for 5 nights last week and felt like a bloody butler , glad to be home

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ps check out my l 2nd last post and that is just what i am admitting to

edit on 1/12/2019 by stonerwilliam because: because i am a idiot with dementia [ wink ]

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

The internet of things is upon us.

Bring on the singularity, it canny be any worse than what we have, is my thinking on the matter.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset

originally posted by: schuyler

Even my old mother now has Alexa aaaaaaahhhh , I stayed over a few days at hers as she was ill and took a cuppa into her bedroom one morning only to hear those dreaded words ALEXA PLAY wtf there is a spy in the house in a wall socket and both her and my sister are cool with this

It quickly got unplugged when her back was turned , no way will i be around that kind of technology

I forget which virtual assistant you could rename I had a friend name his wiretap and it was actually pretty funny listening to him ask for stuff from it

Rename your WIFI drug squad van and that will give the neighbours a heart attack
every time i go ti my friends for a brew a mysterious drug squad van pops up on his wifi

Named mine "FBI Surveillance Van" My grandson is the only one who has caught it (and told me.) Of course, that's on my WiFi router at my house. That's quite a trick taking your router with you to a friend's house so it appears on his equipment, doubtless already connected to his own WiFi.

Easy, use your mobile phone as a wifi hotspot.

That phone was way to complicated for me but years ahead of what we had over in the UK and was only supposed to be sold in Japan sharp sh06f model with 5g already and duel wifi

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The internet of things is upon us.

Bring on the singularity,

Bring on the singularity ?

Can you explain that to me , i have crayons if it will be easier

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The tablet you described I did a search for and no legit outfits have any left in stock. There are some straight from Chine sellers on eBay selling them for about $50 but the legit sites like the amazon stores had them for about $150 and were sold out. Those tablets are slamming this holiday season. I think for those specs on the ground in any major market someone could still sell a container full in a week at the $150 price point.

As far as advancement in technology it is still going verticle on the curve but I agree with the previous post. Quantum computers are going to start getting a larger market share and lower price per qbit in these next ten years. Energy storage is going verticle as well.

Space will become ever more assessable for cheaper. I imagine a person will be able to possess and have launched their own micro-satellites not much bigger than the guts of that tablet you describe in the OP and have enough xenon gas for its solar-powered ion thrusters in it to navigate for several years before it reenters the atmosphere. These will cost less than $1,500.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I have Always found Amazon to be pricey compared to eBay for tech and only ever used it twice for books , But they deliver very quickly and the drones that are being talked about for delivery should make life real fun very soon with people shooting them down and hijacking them

:10.1" Tablet Phablet bluetooth 4G Android 8.0 8G+128GB 10 Core WIFI Dual CameraP

£35.49Buy it now-

Item location:
Guangzhou, China

hw_247hw_247 (11635) on ebay pretty decent specs for a cheap phablet
edit on 1/12/2019 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
i gave up keeping up with new tech years ago, it's an unwinnable race. most of my music gear is years old but does what i want it to. likewise my mobile phone is anything but smart, and i basically only use it for texts. i'm no technophobe but i'm not compelled to be at the leading edge of consumer electronics, thank goodness.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The singularity or the crayons?

As to crayons, don't eat them, but if you do allegedly purple is most nutritious.

As to the singularity well that's a, to date, hypothetical future point in time when technological growth becomes exponential and irreversible, resulting in unfathomable changes to human civilization aka quite possibly the paradigm shift we require.

edit on 1-12-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Say what you will , but PCs are merely 0s and 1s flowing through logic gates with less than 15 different parts.
Easey Peasey

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Printer ink will still be overpriced to hell.
I will still not have my Graphene CPU.
124 Core CPUs will be announced.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
As far as electronics go, everything has gone small and modular. That logic board used in your phablet is quite powerful and can be used in different applications but that takes R&D.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Try being 55 years old in the elevator industry for 32 years. I got an associates degree in electronics in 1987 before becoming an elevator guy.

Everything on an elevator is going to serial network can nodes, leaving relay logic with discrete wiring far behind. I'm keeping up with it, but can't wait to retire in a few years. The whole control system is less reliable, but with so many safe redundancies, you are safer in an elevator than a car.

BTW, the wife just got me an echo dot today. Best I can do with it so far is to play music. LOL !

edit on 1-12-2019 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I've always been an early adopter to tech; early enough where I've needed to come up with the use case myself and cobble together and integrate components that where never ment to be used together.

I had a "smart home" decades ago. Had my music collection digitized and available for instant play in my car and home system long before the first ipod. And a lot more.

The new technology with its instant connectivity to everything is ... a lot more efficient than what I dreamt up ... but its not as fun to play around with.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

every time i go to my friends for a brew a mysterious drug squad van pops up on his wifi

Hey! I got 2 wi-fi connects in my neighborhood. 1 is "FBI Van", the other "Homeland Security"...now keeping eyes open for the MIB next.....

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

There you go.

Transparency!

You will never be able to call those guys out for sneaking around.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

LOL. I understand. Another thing I don't care for is Microsoft having so many of its products "reporting back" without us being aware of it. Some antitrust action on the big IT companies might make the tech a bit friendlier again.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
I've always been an early adopter to tech; early enough where I've needed to come up with the use case myself and cobble together and integrate components that where never ment to be used together.

Every time I hear early adopter I can only think of this @ 1:98

edit on 2-12-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join