It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China due to introduce MANDATORY face scans for mobile users

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
How anyone justifies doing business with China is beyond me.

Money, the best justification for doing business with anyone.

Consumers need to wake up and stop supporting companies who do business with and in China.

The problem is not consumers, the problem is that non Chinese companies got used to make their goods in China because it was cheaper, so China has become the indirect supplier of most "western" countries' population by being a direct supplier of parts (or even complete objects) for western objects.

Not buying known Chinese brands like Huawey is not stopping companies like Apple or Sony from making their products in China or making them with Chinese components.
edit on 1/12/2019 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I havn't singed up to any Huawei products gaurantee thing, I take it thats a good move as they won't have my personal info? Only o2 will have it although i just read on one of those links that o2 have teamed up with Huawei 5G

I guess if they want to find out who you are they can just deduce where you live by GPS,then cross reference your adress and use an algorythm to find your name through internet/bank use.

Most people could do that with a bit of googling and minimal knowledge-imagine what a fanatical authoritarian regime with limitless funds and the desire to control everyone through technology could do.
Just the amount of stuff that is in the public domain is crazy enough-but you just know they have far more hidden from view,operating in the darkness of secrecy.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Yes, this future is a pretty scary one when we all thought it could be a great one. We bought into the big lie!

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The companies are responding to market forces.... consumers want cheap sh*t. The easiest way to do that is to move manufacturing overseas.

Consumers absolutely control the reigns, but they are too ignorant to understand it. If consumers all of a sudden wake up and say we want US made products and actually prove it by opening their wallets to buy goods made in the US, all the companies that set up shop overseas would come scrambling back.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Because they sell for cheap,everyones buying it-but there have been concerns that these chinese companies are basically run by the state,and could collect and use any data which runs through their networks globally.

Another problem is that people look at China as the biggest problem and accept all other companies doing the same, getting tons of data about people and using (or selling it) however they want.

For example, we can stop buying Huawei routers, but what guarantees we have that Cisco or whoever supplies our routers will not do the same thing for their own gain? The biggest problem is that we are giving too much information about us through technology, and we are doing it not because we are being forced but because we want.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The same tech will be used in the US, and world wide, just as soon as the brainwashed from our public schools has the ability to vote and push through the progressive agenda. That is their aim. Complete control. The promise is " you all become slaves, and we will keep you safe

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

And what do you think about the surveillance programmes in the west? Obvs Edward Snowden wasn't too keen on them.

Threads like this really bug me. It's like when you hear about "the state controlled" Chinese media. Like it's somehow better than the corporate controlled western media.

People should just accept that if you're from the east you get screwed over by the state and if you're from the west you get screwed over by the corporations. Is either way any better than the other?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Globalists LOVE China. I wonder why...

The next time some uninformed schmuck screams "RUSSIA!!"--who's not an existential threat--and fails to shout "CHINA!!" who is...you'll know they're a propagandized uniformed schmuck .

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Yes agree, take your own. I usually do in SE Asia and similar locations. Never know when you will need it.

Don’t rule it out. It might be a strange place full of strange people but it’s better to see that first hand than to rule out the beast and only make judgements from your imagination.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

China is one of the worst tyrannies on the planet.

They are headed for disaster over the Hong Kong mess going on.

Those tyrants in China won't allow any freedom there.

Imagine if they tried to put these things all over Hong Kong?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I think you are just seeing the "in your face" tweaked version of the technology they already got from us.

Do you really think that China is the only country doing this?

Or are they the only country that doesn't try to hide from their citizens what they are doing?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Coming to the US eventually if nothing changes.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
What if the scanner thinks they all look the same?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I live out in the country. Not much out here but woods, cows, dirt roads, and Big Al, our resident alligator. Yet with the promise of new construction in the area, some time in the future, bringing thousands of new houses, our first introduction to what is to come, is traffic lights with cameras.

There isn't anything to see, and everyone knows everyone else. Easy identification on sight, including vehicle, critter, even by stance and gait, so why they have decided to plant a camera on every darn corner, has nothing to do with traffic control.

And I don't live in China.

edit on 1-12-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: ???

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
China is the progressive model for the world. Authoritarianism and a tightly controlled population with a dose of capitalism. You can see this is the direction Democrats are going.

But Chinese are intelligent, democrats?, not so much.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Facial recognition has been operating here in the west for many years, and before that fingerprint technology. How many of you using a mobile phone use face recognition to unlock the device, or even use a fingerprint to do so?. They don't need to make it mandatory in the west, because many us are lining up to be surveilled and scanned by the electronic gadgets we buy, and for which many can't live without.

Orwell's 'Big Brother' is a fact, and is as real as the alarm clock that wakes you up in the morning. The only thing is, here in the west, the tyranny we seem to refuse to acknowledge and look squarely in the eye, is not as dystopian as it is in the novel. Be under no illusion, all peoples in the western-hemisphere are just as surveilled as the Chinese people, and all that is happening in this thread is a debate as to degrees of surveillance.

Here in the west, it is all more insidious and duplicitous and obscure. In China you know exactly where you stand. The state wants to interject into the individual's privacy and has mandated that it do so. Your government is doing pretty much the same thing, and smiling at you while it does it. Don't worry, it is western-styled surveillance, so it must good...right?

I mean come on, none of you protested, none of you consistently took to the streets until you forced those you elect to stop surveilling you. In fact, your apathy on the matter was taken as a condoning of the surveillance, because you were all willing to give up privacy for security. So why are you moaning about China?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Privacy is dead. Freedom is on terminal life support all over.

The mystery of life that pervaded lest say in the 40s, 50s, and somewhat in the 60s is gone. There are no more secrets, no more spiritual quests, just materialism and the all-seeing eye of the government.

The mysterious beauty that moved into your neighborhood last week probably is an undercover cop. If you even look at her you'll end up in jail for drugs or either a sex crime.

A person can no longer hide any money and plan for a secret vacation in Tahiti.

Everyone with a smartphone is 100 percent tracked like the prey of a hound dog.

If you want to take a drive and just relax you better go on a side country road.

China is double worse than here in America. A heard of zombies in the billions.

All they want is people who eat, drink and defecate…don't complain and believe in nothing but the state

No more mysteries, no more adventures into the unknown, no more seeking anything other than mundane materialism.

At best, a movie from Marvel studios is the only mystery or adventure allowed in your life.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

A lot of people bought into the lie that CCTV was for our own safety... from the boogieman.

I weren't one of those people, i knew since way back when I saw all these cameras staring a me when I walked around in London. Yeah, it's for my safety. No it ain't mate, it's so someone somewhere can spy on me to see what I'm upto and who i am.... who I'm seeing etce etc

but yeah, i know its everywhere and a lot of people are willing participants but facial scanning before you can wipe your butt??

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree

I was going to put that in my OP but thought it would be deemed un PC and racist to do so

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

originally posted by: Homefree

I was going to put that in my OP but thought it would be deemed un PC and racist to do so

Am I not "PC?"
Yes. That would be fair.
Am I "racist?"
No. Absolutely not.
I do feel free to crack a joke now and then that some overly sensitive person may find offensive.
Feel free to discuss with any of my friends who come in every race and creed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join