It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans gunfire: Several shot in French Quarter.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Reports coming in about a shooting in New Orleans. Report is being updated.

Between 10 - 13 victims reported.

Police in New Orleans say they are investigating a shooting in the city's French Quarter tourist hub.
They said there had been "multiple victims", with US media putting the figure at between 10 and 13, although no fatalities have been reported

www.bbc.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Here you go OP!

edit on 1-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Suspect has been caught but the authoriites won't give any details.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Sadly, as a Southeast Louisiana native, my initial reaction is, Meh, it's Naw'lins.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Sadly, as a Southeast Louisiana native, my initial reaction is, Meh, it's Naw'lins.

It’s also the French Quarter. Lots of alcohol and other substances.

Plus, nothing good happens after midnight.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Not much info being put out about this, but I found a few more details:
source

" New Orleans Police Chief Mike Harrison has identified the deceased as 25 year old Demontrius Tolliver of Baton Rouge.

He says of the 9 other victims, 5 have been released from the hospital and 4 are still being treated. "

Wonder why MSM is so silent about this mass shooting?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

Coulter's law?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: quercusrex
source

" New Orleans Police Chief Mike Harrison has identified the deceased as 25 year old Demontrius Tolliver of Baton Rouge.

He says of the 9 other victims, 5 have been released from the hospital and 4 are still being treated. "

Ah, the shooters name tells me this won't be headline news.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

source

"How racist laws made the shooter shoot people" is the headline I would expect anyway.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

source

That's the name of the person that died. So far, no news about the shooter. From what I've read so far, it looks like the police don't know who the shooter is. They're looking at surveillance video.

When the shooting happened, police were in the area and thought they were the target so they took cover. I guess by the time things calmed down, the shooter was long gone.

Source

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

From the quoted source:

No suspects have been arrested, however Harrison did note that the suspects were not from the New Orleans area.
An investigation is ongoing.

So there's still time to blame Trump followers for this. In the mean time how many were killed this weekend by "Black on Black" violence in Detroit or Chicago?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Wasn't it reported that the police were already in that area for an event, they heard gunfire thought they were being fired upon and responded?

Maybe this is a different event.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

source

That's the name of the person that died. So far, no news about the shooter. From what I've read so far, it looks like the police don't know who the shooter is. They're looking at surveillance video.

When the shooting happened, police were in the area and thought they were the target so they took cover. I guess by the time things calmed down, the shooter was long gone.

Source

Ah ok, so still may be the headline news then... will have to wait until they catch the shooter for the media to decide.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Looking at the article linked above, it appears the Grambling and Southern Football game was going on. Both HBCUs. In other words, this wasn't a random mass shooting but more likely a "street disagreement." Probably wasn't a white person to be found within 10 blocks of that area on that night.

The media doesn't really cover mass thug shootings with the same fervor.

new topics

top topics

join