It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Disney and ESPN is rigging college football and probably other sports too

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I believe it’s also the NFL too. Hasn’t anyone found it extremely odd that very large grown men who play an extremely violent game want to go to a children’s theme park when they win the Super Bowl? Yes well you are right because they get paid to say it! But I believe it has a deeper meaning beyond advertisement and it starts in college football. A Dynasty is when one team dominates for long periods of time. Normally it’s a few years and can be attributed to players, coaches and lastly staff. Think the patriots bill and Brady duo however with college that’s almost impossible unless you own a conference that you can manipulate.

The SEC Network is an American sports network that is owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (which operates the network, through its 80% controlling ownership interest) and the Hearst Communications (which holds the remaining 20% interest).

Who is the SEC

DescriptionThe Southeastern Conference is an American college athletic conference whose member institutions are located primarily in the South Central and Southeastern United States. Wikipedia
Division: Division I
Schools: Louisiana State University, Texas A&M University, University of Mississippi, More

Division 1 college football has 10 conferences that make up 130 colleges. That’s like 13 colleges per conference estimated but some have more and some have less. Usually it’s a regional thing with close states linking together to make a conference like what’s posted above in schools.

The way college football works is since everybody can’t play each other they only play like 12 games. The hardest conference with the best teams gets the highest ranking and the team that wins that conference are usually ranked number 1. You would think it would vary wildly but it hasn’t since espn bought the sec network in 2008.

Since 2009 sec football has won 6 national championships and played in 9 the only year they missed was 2015 ps they play after the new year so the winners will be the 2020 champions. That means 2019 already happened

I find those odds extremely unlikely even with good coaches and recruiting. I believe espn and Disney are buying off officials, coaches and players to achieve this result so they have the rights to most national championship video.

Link here www.espn.com...

edit on 30-11-2019 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Before espn bought the sec they had won a lot but nothing like it is now and they didn’t alway get a spot in the championship sometimes it was big ten teams sometimes it was acc some times pac 10. I think Alabama and Nick Saban are clearly doing some shady stuff as far as recruiting and I believe it’s not though the booster but Disney people are buying off players to play in the SEC.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I know I won't make friends with this statement.

But sports are for dummies, like most every other thing.

I don't understand why anyone cares to watch(and fuel a billion dollar industry) watching a bunch of dummies scramble over a ball on a field.

ETA: Now I think playing them on a local level is not really bad. It's good excercise and competition is good. But the whole national big money thing just turns me off.

edit on 30-11-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Some games are rigged..not all. The owners are the biggest players un the NFL. Read Dan Moldeas book.a reply to: Veryolduser

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I don't understand why anyone cares to watch(and fuel a billion dollar industry) watching a bunch of dummies scramble over a ball on a field.

For the same reason people do anything. They want to be around like-minded people and have a good time and put their worldly troubles in the back of their mind for a few hours. Kind of like you might do when you share cat videos and sit down to pee.

Back on topic, just look at what is going to happen to Utah. The committee intentionally dropped Oregon just low enough in the rankings following their loss to Arizona State to ensure that a Utah win over Oregon in the Pac-12 championship won't be enough to put them in the playoff.

The whole thing needs to be restructured to an 8-team playoff where if you win your conference then you are in. Straight forward and simple. This will take some conference realignment, but really that is long overdue anyways. It is joke having these group of 5 conferences that are asked to compete on the same level as the power 5 conferences and then aren't rewarded with a playoff birth when they go through their entire schedule undefeated.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

ETA: Now I think playing them on a local level is not really bad. It's good excercise and competition is good. But the whole national big money thing just turns me off.

Yes on a level I agree with you but I don’t think you understand what I’m saying. It’s rigged aka fake and owned by the biggest conglomerate on the planet Disney at the college level which means they probably own the pro’s. It’s bleeding into other sports and ruining college’s with these fake “student athletes”. That college admissions scandal her daughters got in as student athletes right? They didn’t play and she was an actor for ABC “full house” who is owned by Disney. Think about it
edit on 1-12-2019 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I've almost stopped but watching college sports.

Too much effort to monetize, make profitable, discourage 4 year athletes. There's no integrity left in college sports it would seem. I don't watch pro sports because they aren't playing for anything other than money.

Now, it would seem, SEC and college athletes don't play for anything but money.

Why should I support that?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It’s like the BCS all over again and the playoff system was supposed to fix this issue. Yeah I hadn’t noticed they dropped Oregon’s ranking but it wouldn’t surprise me they would do that. I wrote this because I just finished watching the Alabama game where they lost to Auburn. I watched a the officials blow a play dead that would have resulted in a touchdown by auburn because of roughing the passer. It was the most blatant fix call I have ever witnessed in college football. The play doesn’t stop because someone roughs the passer you just add the yards after the play is over and the announcers just chuckle f#%ked it up to nothing. The Alabama favoritism is unreal with the officials Auburn barely won the game and that was probably because they are an sec team too

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I've almost stopped but watching college sports.

Too much effort to monetize, make profitable, discourage 4 year athletes. There's no integrity left in college sports it would seem. I don't watch pro sports because they aren't playing for anything other than money.

Now, it would seem, SEC and college athletes don't play for anything but money.

Why should I support that?

Because it used to be exciting to watch college football the officials didn’t ruin the game and the players used to not act like idiots doing some dance move every time they scored. It was about the team and the fans now it’s turning into the nfl which is a shame

However I don’t care about the money I want to honestly see who is the best team I don’t want to watch a broadway musical/play pretending to be a sport so bookies and gamblers can make a few bucks

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

For me, when I competed on the collegiate and national level, as I did a few times, it was about having the chance to test myself against the next better level of competition. You do get to a point as the big fish in a pond where you want to swim with the other big fish, and those competitive levels let you do that more than local levels ever will.

If you've never been capable to compete at that level, you might not get it.

And it does suck that money puts fingers on the scale, but those are the times we live in.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Veryolduser

No it's not fixed.
The sec simply has the best team year after year. Alabama.

I've watched a lot of games this year and you will be seeing Clemson and Ohio state play for the title.

Also, wouldn't the sec basketball programs be powerhouses too?
Why just football?
edit on 1-12-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Pro sports is a lot like TV news just Entertainment to hang advertising on.

Trying to figure out the Sports book is more fun than the actual games.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
yep.

It's on TV!

Literally EVERYTHING you see on TV is fake and used to socially engineer you.

It is social engineering. Everything on TV is to manipulate the way you act, think, and believe.

Bread and Circus' people.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well I'm a die-hard Razorback fan and I can tell you that the SEC is just the toughest conference. It's not rigged that way though. Lose a good coach and you lose 4 and 5 star commitment players. Keep a great coach and you can build your program. Arkansas is a great example of how quickly things can go south (no pun intended) in the SEC with a couple bad hires.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
yep.

It's on TV!

Literally EVERYTHING you see on TV is fake and used to socially engineer you.

It is social engineering. Everything on TV is to manipulate the way you act, think, and believe.

Bread and Circus' people.

I don't think so. If there is any social manipulation going on it's to make you buy stuff you don't need and don't want.

Capitalism!!! doin business the American way!!
edit on 1-12-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
Well I'm a die-hard Razorback fan and I can tell you that the SEC is just the toughest conference. It's not rigged that way though. Lose a good coach and you lose 4 and 5 star commitment players. Keep a great coach and you can build your program. Arkansas is a great example of how quickly things can go south (no pun intended) in the SEC with a couple bad hires.

Yes a coach with a horrible record in the pro’s, Saban got wrecked when he went pro. However Pete Carroll went on to Seahawks and won a Super Bowl. The LSU coach right now was a head coach for USC for one season and put up a ok record than he goes to lsu for a couple of years and is in second place? Really? and before you say recruiting why is Saban using old usc head coaches who trained under Pete Carroll if the SEC is so good? Lane kiffin, Steve Sarkisian? Head coach Lane Kiffin, who was in his fourth year, was fired on September 29 after a 3–2 start to the season. He was replaced by interim head coach Ed Orgeron.

Why is Alabama and LSU hiring ex usc coaches if their conference is soooooo good? Why did Alabama just lose to a 15th ranked auburn who lost to Clemson and Florida two Acc teams?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Um,..Auburn didn't play Clemson, and Florida is in the SEC.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Veryolduser

originally posted by: Anathros

Yes a coach with a horrible record in the pro’s, Saban got wrecked when he went pro. However Pete Carroll went on to Seahawks and won a Super Bowl. The LSU coach right now was a head coach for USC for one season and put up a ok record than he goes to lsu for a couple of years and is in second place? Really? and before you say recruiting why is Saban using old usc head coaches who trained under Pete Carroll if the SEC is so good? Lane kiffin, Steve Sarkisian? Head coach Lane Kiffin, who was in his fourth year, was fired on September 29 after a 3–2 start to the season. He was replaced by interim head coach Ed Orgeron.

Why is Alabama and LSU hiring ex usc coaches if their conference is soooooo good? Why did Alabama just lose to a 15th ranked auburn who lost to Clemson and Florida two Acc teams?

Some coaches just fit better within certain programs. That's a fact. There is a lot of buzz about Arkansas hirings atm and Kiffin is talked about a lot. I just don't want a transient coach. I want a coach that will stick around after a winning season because he wants to be the Razorback coach. As far as Alabama losing to Auburn, Auburn's coach (a native Arkansan) is an amazing coach. He invented the wild cat formation and we ran it with great success while he was our OC in Arkansas. The fact is that you never know what you're going to get when you hire a coach regardless of their resumes. Much like the NFL draft, it's a crap shoot more than half the time. As far as Pete Carroll goes, I think any NCAA fan knows he's an amazing recruiter and coaches his players up. As far as the SEC being the toughest conference, I'm biased but still believe it to be true.

Edit: Auburn lost to Florida (Who is SEC) and didn't play Clemson. Infact, Clemson (who I think is a GREAT team) hasn't played a top 25 team this season so we don't know what they're truly capable of.
edit on 1-12-2019 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I think you're conflating the SEC Network with the SEC.

They are not one and the same.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I guess it doesn't really matter what you think. There is no questioning this, It is happening for sure. You can choose to remain ignorant or you can look around and notice the entire world is told how to think and behave by the media and education system.

Or just ignore reality. Seems to work for everyone else.

edit on 2-12-2019 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join