It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My idea on how to circumvent voter fraud in 2020.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Here is an Idea that I thought up (wasn't too hard and seemed like common sense really). It's a rudimentary idea, however if anyone finds any holes...then plug those holes up and leave a new copy of the changes. Maybe, if we all work together, we members of ATS can collectively take credit for creating a system of fool proof computer voting. If this is completed, any one of you can then send it to your Congressman or Woman or wherever and even take credit for the idea. I really don't care who gets credit, but we definately need a system of digital checks and balances for 2020.

Even if the party I don't want to get in wins...I still want it to be legit, and I (a Libertarian) will gladly concede. If this plan (or idea) is good enough, we can then forward it to the 'Powers That Be' (the good guys or unbiased members, not the obvious shady politicians) and once applied, this will then assure an untainted victory for whichever party legitimately wins. We may not like who wins, but the fundamental idea of this nation is that "the people" are the ones who make the decisions, and the politicians that we vote in, are our "public servants". They have since become corrupt, power hungry megalomaniac's that boss us around, treat us like their paupers and steal from us. If any party steals their way in to the Presidency, then those same politician's, which right from the start can't be trusted, will just give us more of the same tyrannical, underhanded, shady policies that only benefit themselves or foreign interests. This must stop. There is a way to solidify the voting process while using computers, but all I am seeing is a lot of talk about "who done it", and not any ideas on how we are going to keep this from happening in 2020. Here is my idea....again, correct it, add to it or whatever it takes. We are "the people" and our idea's matter.

Here's my idea:

To fight the possibility of voter fraud (from any party) the voting servers are set up (for each computer/server in each voting booth) to where it accepts the citizens vote, and a copy of that vote, upon pressing the button, should go straight to servers of the DOJ and even a secondary backup server of an unbiased organization. The only people that can access those servers would be one Democrat leader, one Republican leader (or the two last running mates, whatever party they are), one for the current President and one login key for the DOJ. There would be 4 secure login keys.

This way it would take the 4 logins to the backup servers at the DOJ simultaneously, to open the backup servers at the DOJ and the unbiased fail-safe tertiary server. In this method, there would be no one person or party that would have the ultimate access to the copies of those votes. When a question of voter fraud arises....all 4 key holders, under supervision of an unbiased legal entity, can then match the votes in the backup servers, to the initial votes from the citizens and you will find your fraudster.

It’s kind of the same idea as having two people, with two keys to be turned simultaneously, to fire a nuke. Without one of the keys, it won’t happen. Likewise no one can taint the backup servers at the (DOJ) and the (tertiary backup server). If the votes are counted fraudulently, we open the backup servers, recount and match....and we will then know which party did it and can make those corrections, and those convictions accordingly.
edit on 30-11-2019 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Is there a way to "write in" a person's name with this system?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Past hacks on Diebold voting machines have the voter seeing his vote, but the actual vote recorded being Democrat.

In the latest experiment, the Argonne researchers showed how a Diebold Accuvote TS touch screen voting machine can be compromised by inserting a man-in-the middle electronic component to intercept the vote cast by a voter and change it before it is recorded by the system.

The component which is less than half the size of a credit card, was assembled using a $1.29 microprocessor and a homemade circuit board that cost less than $10 to assemble.

Argonne researchers 'hack' Diebold e-voting system

This is from 2011.

Still applicable today.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Is there a way to "write in" a person's name with this system?

They're just backup servers. One can write in what they want I suppose.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

As I said, this is just a rudimentary idea. I do recall that fraudulent ' digital replacement of vote' system.....it's why I am putting this idea out there, because I don't want that to happen again. It's certainly not perfect idea, but if we all put our head's together, there may be something to it.
Maybe they could fix that type of fraudulent system, by having a 1 button push system that bypasses any software and flashes to a ROM chip. Only the firmware of the computer itself would handle the vote (as read only) with no way for software to overwrite it. The only way then to alter the vote would be to flash the ROM, but the ROM chip should have a counter programmed into it that at least records how many times it was flashed. 1 flashed ROM, would then render that vote tained with, therefore expunged from the final results. A one button, one push, flash to a chip vote essentially.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

On a national level, is fraud a bigger deal than foreign interference, via hacking?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

On a national level, is fraud a bigger deal than foreign interference, via hacking?

Both are equally offensive to me. A system with a 1 button..1 vote..'one time only' flashed ROM chip that is read only, would stop it all...Russian's or not. The votes would be flashed to a writing table stored on the ROM, which would be unaffected by programmers of software. It would take an EEPROM flash to change any of the values.

Unless the ROM chip was flashed locally, then the initial votes would remain safe. Any ROM chip with votes on it, would have a voting entry counter, and any of the information tables in the ROM chip that were flashed, would initiate a count of 1 for the first flash and so on....rendering that vote null and void, having any count but 0. Essentially...a flashed ROM of any kind, that vote in the table within, would be ignored.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I certainly agree with you that the voting system (the hardware part) needs a total revamp.

However...

When Obama won 114% of some precincts in his first election nobody in the mainstream media reported it and nobody cared.

A long time ago in Oklahoma when our county had less recorded votes for Ron Paul then the members of the Ron Paul Meetup had, nobody cared.

When Jill Stein requested a recount of certain precincts the last Presidential election and they found a box of 360 Hillary votes that actually counted as 3,600, nobody cared.

In 2018 in Broward county Florida, what happened?

"On Tuesday night, our win was projected to be around 57,000 votes," the governor said Thursday night.

"By Wednesday morning, that lead dropped to 38,000," he said. "By Wednesday evening, it was around 30,000. This morning, it was around 21,000. Now, it is 15,000."

On election night, Broward County was reporting a total of only 634,000 votes, according to the governor.

"At 1 a.m. today, there were 695,700 ballots cast on Election Day," Scott said Thursday, warning voters to be concerned in both counties of what he described as possible "rampant" fraud. "At 2:30 pm today, the number was up to 707,223 ballots cast on Election Day."

No... what we need is a voter ID card for onsite voting and absentee voting.

Which Democrats will never go for because it disenfranchises their dead voters and is racist towards their illegal immigrant voters.

And here we are...

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
double post.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I certainly agree with you that the voting system (the hardware part) needs a total revamp.

However...

When Obama won 114% of some precincts in his first election nobody in the mainstream media reported it and nobody cared.

A long time ago in Oklahoma when our county had less recorded votes for Ron Paul then the members of the Ron Paul Meetup had, nobody cared.

When Jill Stein requested a recount of certain precincts the last Presidential election and they found a box of 360 Hillary votes that actually counted as 3,600, nobody cared.

"On Tuesday night, our win was projected to be around 57,000 votes," the governor said Thursday night.

"By Wednesday morning, that lead dropped to 38,000," he said. "By Wednesday evening, it was around 30,000. This morning, it was around 21,000. Now, it is 15,000."

On election night, Broward County was reporting a total of only 634,000 votes, according to the governor.

"At 1 a.m. today, there were 695,700 ballots cast on Election Day," Scott said Thursday, warning voters to be concerned in both counties of what he described as possible "rampant" fraud. "At 2:30 pm today, the number was up to 707,223 ballots cast on Election Day."

Which Democrats will never go for because it disenfranchises their dead voters and is racist towards their illegal immigrant voters.

And here we are...

All of the things you are talking about, would be solved by this system. You can't lose ROM information or alter it. No one can muck up the count. As far as votes go anyway, it shouldn't matter at all if the news shows it or not. A win is a win.

As far as illegals are concerned. That's the beauty of programming a chip or software of any kind. In the ROM ('read only' memory) the voting tables that are programed into the chips, could just as easily pre-define the value of whether you are a legitimate voter of America or not. Everyone has a social security number.

If that social security number doesn't match up...then the vote is out. If the voter's Social doesn't match with that a living person...also, the vote is cast out. If you have no citizenship, then there is no social security number (or if there is a falsified one) and both would be cast out, and those people who even tried that voters fraud, would have left the image of their fraud burned into a ROM chip ready for court evaluation and observance. They would be busted.

A voter ID card can be altered, can be stolen or lost. I also wouldn't subscribe to this idea because the Government would use it as a stepping stone to a National Registry ID card, and ultimately getting a bio-installable chip (or a Bio-ID...'PositiveID' that's a hint) installed...and there ain't no way in Hell I'm helping with that, whether I am overthinking it or not.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I don't know why we can't vote from our own PC, Phone, or Tablet. Each voter gets a link, clicks it, and starts voting.

The link can only be used one time, just like when you buy TurboTax, or any other software online.
edit on 12/1/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   
How hard would it be for people to rock up at a polling booth with

a) no ID
b) false ID

and vote over and over and over at various voting stations?

... If I was a dictator and I wanted to set a voting system, then you need one of the following to vote, Drivers Licence, Gun Licence or Social Security Number.

If you have one of those 3, then you have to vote - its not a choice. If you don't vote you get a $50 fine and it increases $50 for every month its payment is overdue. The money from the voting penalty goes to the public school system.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Nobody cared because it was either fake news or misrepresented information.

As to the OP:
Russian firm tried to hack Ohio voting

Best to just use paper ballots.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I don't know why we can't vote from our own PC, Phone, or Tablet. Each voter gets a link, clicks it, and starts voting.

The link can only be used one time, just like when you buy TurboTax, or any other software online.

Because home computers are the least secure of all and those CAN be hacked easily. I work with these people every day at my job. Also, a link can be created that looks like a legitimate website or in this case a voting link, that could install malware on your system. Also, one would not truly know what the link is designed to do or who you're really voting for. The public just isn't technologically savvy or trustworthy enough to do this in the privacy of their own homes. This would be a horrible idea if you know anything about viruses, malware or phishing.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
How hard would it be for people to rock up at a polling booth with

a) no ID
b) false ID

and vote over and over and over at various voting stations?

... If I was a dictator and I wanted to set a voting system, then you need one of the following to vote, Drivers Licence, Gun Licence or Social Security Number.

If you have one of those 3, then you have to vote - its not a choice. If you don't vote you get a $50 fine and it increases $50 for every month its payment is overdue. The money from the voting penalty goes to the public school system.

I'm not sure you understand how the system would work. I described in depth back there, how both of the issues of no voter ID, fake ID's, deceased voting fraud etc. would be null and void with this system.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

However...

And here we are...

How exactly would a voter ID card prevent this fraud?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I think it could be easier, private companies do it all the time. Have you ever forgotten a username or password for credit karma or a similar service? If you have then you know you have to put in your social and answer a series of questions about where you went to school, what kind of loans and bank accounts you have, where you've lived in the past 10 years or so. This could be done on a highly secure server. I as a failsafe, if you can't answer all the questions correctly, then you'll have to fall back on id's and proof of residency and such.

May not be perfect, but I think it'd be a good start.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
Here is an Idea that I thought up (wasn't too hard and seemed like common sense really). It's a rudimentary idea, however if anyone finds any holes...then plug those holes up and leave a new copy of the changes. Maybe, if we all work together, we members of ATS can collectively take credit for creating a system of fool proof computer voting.

...and hold the horses right there.

Speaking as an election judge (I'm one of the people who runs a polling place), it's pretty clear you haven't ever actually seen how your local and state elections are run. You've "read stuff" but you haven't gotten "hands on", and it shows.

MY SUGGESTION for preserving our voting system is for you and everyone else get to your browser and contact your local 'COUNTY ELECTIONS COMMISSION' (type in your county name) and tell them you want to be put on the list to become an elections clerk (you don't want to do a judgeship until you understand all the processes)

We have state and local elections as well as party candidate selections... so a busy season ahead. They need you.

Learn the system first... THEN come up with ideas.

People will listen if you show that you understand the system, that you have actually put your hands on the system ... and once you do this, you will know who to contact and who to discuss your ideas with instead of just posting them to an internet forum where they'll be bit-dust in cyberspace.

What you're proposing isn't actually workable and couldn't be made to work before the presidential election. So get "hands on" with the system, learn how it works, and then craft your ideas. We can do better... but first we have to know what we're talking about.

(and by the way, each state is different.)

new topics

top topics

join