It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C-60 Fullerenes - Human Clinical Trials Needed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
C-60 Fullerenes - Human Clinical Trials Needed

I have seen many anecdotal testimonies on facebook and Youtube on the ingestion/consumption of carbon 60 (fullerenes) in various oils and its health benefits. The older threads on this website have not been discussed recently or brought up to date with current findings. I have found a food grade product that is the only one produced "solvent free". Greska's C-60

Is anyone using this product that has empirical evidence of its positive health benefits? If this substance is like a "Fountain of Youth", why are there no human clinical trials? If it does what so many claim, it would seem to be a trillion dollar food supplement. I have only read a few reports on how it doubled the life span with in vivo studies using lab rats and mice.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ontarff

An old thread here on ATS about carbon 60 www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: Additional information

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I keep a little activated charcoal in my stock in case I need it. Also I think that is related to furveric colloidal minerals.

There are some natural ways to get this chemistry in your body if I remember right. But it has been a while since I read of it and I read lots of stuff and try to equate it to natural ways to do things. If I remember right, if lightning strikes a tree it can form this compound and it is good for the other trees in the forest including mushrooms that feed on it.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This isn't something I would stake a long life on. Human experimentation without proper information can be pretty costly to one's health.

FYI

A new study into the potential health hazards of the revolutionary nano-sized particles known as 'buckyballs' predicts that the molecules are easily absorbed into animal cells, providing a possible explanation for how the molecules could be toxic to humans and other organisms. These curious soccer ball-shaped molecules can invade cell membranes, according to the new study of carbon-60 toxicity.

Doesn't seem safe enough to put in my body because someone said it works wonders. Lots of snake oil salesmen said similar claims for their fake and toxic concoctions. I'd be VERY careful with stuff you read about on the internet when it comes to your health. You would think that if this stuff was really legit, it would be flying off the shelves and no one would be able to buy more because it's all sold out and what was being produced was priced into the millions of dollars per dose.

I mean... who wouldn't want to live for 200 years totally healthy? I seriously doubt this is the way to do that.

In recent years, much research has focused on the potential health and environmental impacts of buckyballs and carbon nanotubes. Fullerenes have been shown to cause brain damage in fish and inhaling carbon nanotubes results in lung damage similar to that caused by asbestos.

Who you gonna believe? Mice or the Fish?
edit on 30-11-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Please cite the URL of the study. I believe it was a study conducted with fullerenes produced using solvents. The remnant solvents can cause harm.

Here is another Youtube link to new information. Bob Greska on Youtube

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: Additional information

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ontarff

Please cite the URL of the study. I believe it was a study conducted with fullerenes produced using solvents. The remnant solvents can cause harm.

Here is another Youtube link to new information. Bob Greska on Youtube

What do you mean? It's sited right there under FYI. How did you not see that?

Besides... I would rather take the word of the University of Calgary from people who actually study this stuff in a biological sense... you know... everything about what you're claiming this stuff has an effect on... You know... People who are actually researching something in their own field of expertise.

Vs an aerospace engineer who wants to use it to build airplanes and has to tell you all about it on YOUTUBE of all places.

Jeesh man... Do you go to the mechanic when you have health issues?
edit on 30-11-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Brawndo has electrolytes.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I see the link thank-you, I missed the "FYI" as the link, (poor title). The article you reference is dated May 27, 2008. That "buckyball" article is based on old data using solvent extracted fullerenes. You wouldn't take your new car to be worked on by a mechanic who hasn't worked on a car since 2008 would you?

A more recent study...The Prolongation of Life

Another...Fullerenes as Anti-aging Antioxidants Dowload the .pdf

Abstract Here we review fullerenes biological effects focusing on their antioxidant and anti-ageing action. A scope of various poisonous and healing properties reported in literature for fullerene and its derivatives is analyzed. The review begins with the history of fullerenes discovery and their main properties. Then we focus on the longevity and antioxidant action, including the confrontation of available experimental data and theoretical modeling of buckminsterfullerene C60. Special attention is given to our hypothesis concerning the possibility of fullerenes to act as mitochondria protonophore and various simulations of the transport of C60 and its hydroxylated and other derivatives through lipid bilayer membranes, which can account for scavenging capacity of fullerenes for reactive oxygen species and their acting as mild mitochondrial respiration uncouplers. Extension of the theoretical modeling to the mitochondria membranes and implications on the real biological systems is analyzed. Finally, we focus on the toxicity evaluation and current therapeutic usage of fullerenes. The review contains a comprehensive discussion of both papers published by 2016 and our own research results.

The purpose of this post is to hopefully gather new empirical information, not argue old dated data.

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: spelling

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: Correct reply

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: added text

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: additional url.

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: Additional text.

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: Another url added

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: reposition text

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

Brawndo has electrolytes.

DUDE! I literally just finished watching that! lol

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

How about something from this year? New enough?

Biological Effects of C60 Fullerene Revealed

This one says it's safe but can cause DNA damage. Doesn't sound all that "safe".

I do see a lot of 'good' reviews for it but they seem to all come from sites that try to sell you the formula... go figure.

I tend to trust EDU Sites more so than these home remedy hack sites that try to sell you their product.

Gov Sitesare a bit more believable too.

The information is out there.....

As a rule of thumb, I tend not to trust ANY sites that speak about something they try to sell you on the same page as the supposed facts.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

"Thus, fullerene can be considered as a mitochondria-targeted antioxidant, worth further researching as a prospective component of novel medications."

Thank-you! Exactly the kind of info I was looking for since there are no actual human clinical trials. I will read it and get back for response later. I think the risk is using C60 products that use solvents to extract the fullerenes. The solvents are harmful.

My 90-year old mother (with macular degeneration and osteoarthritis), my wife (with type 2 diabetes), my two cats and I have all been using the Greska's C-60 product for nine months now and we are all hanging in there relatively healthy with no disease or change.

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: Added text from external source.

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: New text

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: Additional text

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: Added text.

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: Spelling

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: Added text.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
yeah ive been taking c 60 for about a year now maybe.

haven't noticed any problems. I feel great. I never get sick.

i've had surgery on both my knees from snowboarding injuries and honestly they feel better than they usually do.

i've heard nothing but good things from anyone else that takes it.

and yes i understand this could be dangerous. but you should see the other stuff i do...
edit on 30-11-2019 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I read the article, the effects of C60 in the Tween80 solution used with the e.coli bacterium was good. The author also identified the dangers of solvents in the C60 as a concern. Again another in-vitro experiment demonstrating the posiitve anti=oxidant effects of carbon 60. I hope to see more documentation/reports from people using Greska's solvent free C-60.

Thanks again for contributing.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Are you using Greska's or another product? Have you mentioned the C60 effectiveness to your doctor for his response?

edit on 11/30/2019 by ontarff because: Additional text

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

i've taken a couple different brands. Right now im taking "Vaughter wellness."

i have mentioned it to the doctor but they haven't said anything about it. They had no idea what it was.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

That is typical because C60 isn't something commonly known. The pharmaceutical companies cannot patent the C60 molecule. Thank-you for your comment, please keep this thread updated with any new information, I hope you find this thread informative, I wish you well.

This facebook group also is following information and updates on fullerenes and C60.

F acebook C60 Group

edit on 12/1/2019 by ontarff because: Additional text

edit on 12/1/2019 by ontarff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Yeah but can you say that it's made any noticeable difference? I mean, serious evidence that it's working for you. I'm not saying it can't, wont or such but I'm extremely hesitant to try snake oil without any serious experiences or information showing that there is 'some' merit to it.

I also realize that there is therapy in placebos too.

Still, when I see sites advertise this stuff like it's a miracle cure, I can almost guess that in nearly every situation, it's going to be bogus info on cheaply made snake oil.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I agree, I believe in the scientific method, that is why I posted this thread to obtain documented evidence other than anecdotal information and hearsay. I have gray hair now and have noticed color coming back in my hair, my barber has noticed this as well. that is all so far. This is undocumented. I don't have a before image of the back of my head. I hope this stuff is working as it isn't cheap. If it prevents cancer and other illnesses, I guess time will tell. I have not experienced any adverse effects. There are many that have been using it much longer than me.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Another report Fullerene: Biomedical Engineers Get to Revisit an Old Friend

These studies are mostly limited to in vitro and in vivo researches and have not reached the final stages of clinical trials yet. It is expected that, with the rapid technological advancement in this field, this trend could change in the coming years so that the unique features of fullerenes could be exploited in clinical use. Although there are still major issues to overcome, the use of fullerenes for biomedical engineering will certainly have a bright future.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   

heres an interesting video i just watched about c60 that just came out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join