It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge 500ft asteroid skimmed past Earth at 38,000mph LAST Monday

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Asteroids regularly make close approaches to Earth, and Nasa creates alerts for each one of these objects. Sometimes several will even pass by in a single day completely unnoticed by humanity. For instance, four ‘All Saints’ asteroids skimmed past Earth on November 1, completely harmlessly.

Now Nasa has revealed that another asteroid is scheduled for an Earth fly-by on November 25.
The asteroid is called 2019 VF1, named because it was first discovered this year.
It measures up to 492 feet (150 metres) across, and will skirt Earth at 4.09am UK time or 11.09pm on Sunday in New York.

The asteroid will be travelling at a nippy 38,498mph (61,956km/h) about 63 times faster than the top speed of a Boeing 747 jet. Fortunately, this gigantic space rock will pass Earth with a very wide berth.
The asteroid is expected to come no closer than 3,172,582 miles (5,105,776km).

Huge 500ft asteroid to skim past Earth at 38,000mph on MONDAY, Nasa reveals

Here comes another one. At least they can see this one coming. Does not look like this one will hit Earth. Would they tell us if it was going to? I don't think so.

Sooner or later one is going to get us again. We need to get our a$$ to Mars! Life spreads to ensure it's survival. But for some reason the smartest life on the planet is not doing it's job and expanding it's habitat.

edit on 30-11-2019 by LookingAtMars because: changed title to last Monday

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

At least it isn't within Lunar distance but yeah , there's one out there with our name on it.

Fortunately, this gigantic space rock will pass Earth with a very wide berth.

The asteroid is expected to come no closer than 5,105,776 kilometres.

To make you feel even better, that distance is about 13 times farther from Earth than the Moon.
www.news.com.au... 897

It's a question of when not if a city killer hits and no they won't tell us.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I doubt if they did see one coming for us they’d let us know.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Does earth create a pressure zone in front of it that deflects most space debris? Everything always comes "close".

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Wasn't that LAST Monday the 25th of November?
2nd line

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
Wasn't that LAST Monday the 25th of November?
2nd line

ganjoa

Thanks ganjoa.

lol, you are right I missed that somehow. Showed up on a DDG search for today and I went by the date at the top of the webpage.

We dodged another one! Still need to get to Mars.

edit on 30-11-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

2019 VF1 2019-Nov-25 13.3 LD 17.2 88

SpaceWeather

As stated as a question above
Yes Monday Nov. 25th

But there is one this Monday . 2019 WH4

edit on 11/30/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/30/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I doubt if they did see one coming for us they’d let us know.

If Aliens or Space asteroids were coming towards Earth i doubt they would let anyone know. Let alone the end of the world.
edit on 30-11-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Last week an asteroid, twice the size of the one that exploded over Russia a few years ago and injured 1500 people, flew past earth at a mere .5 lunar distance....half way between us and the moon.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

It really seems it is happening more often.

Because it is?

Earth impact events triple in number per NASA figures

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't see us colonizing Mars this century, and even if we did, we would end up taking the same bunch of psychopaths with us that have caused so much human suffering here. Not to sound cold and heartless, but maybe another reset is what we need. Scientists and NASA have both said we are overdue for another ELE, and some are saying we are already into a 6th one now. I'm not so sure we should be allowed to spread into the cosmos until we accomplish global unity or become a Type 1 civilization.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I don't see us colonizing Mars this century, and even if we did

Unless they already did either colonized it or made some bases on Mars with shadow technology. What makes you so sure that they would tell the public anything they do in the shadows?

I'm not so sure we should be allowed to spread into the cosmos until we accomplish global unity or become a Type 1 civilization.

Its almost like as if the Global Elitists are keeping Humans as Prisoners on Earth and making sure that we never achieve that goal. While they make profit out of people's misery and chaos.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Im sure they sometimes hit Mars as well

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Pretty good odds they won't hit both at the same time. So humans could travel back to Earth from Mars and reestablish a civilization (or vise versa). That's the theory anyway.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It seems that they are talking about two separate asteroids, one last monday and one today. The one today is bigger, it is Saturday right now and it is supposed to be 9.7 luner distance and three hundred forty feet across today.

The size on space weather might be actually smaller than it actually is, I have noticed that many times, they take the lesser of multiple readings usually for some reason. Also the miss distance is usually larger by a little than what it usually winds up being. I suppose they do not want to scare the public since so many people monitor space weather on their site.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Don’t forget Adolphus.

It’s supposed to come within 19,000 miles on (get this) Friday, April 13, 2029 .

Astronomers say there’s no reason to worry.

But that’s a little to close for my comfort .
edit on 30-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMarsSooner or later one is going to get us again.

i was thinking exactly the same thing. and i'm equally certain the great impactor will take everybody by surprise.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Unless they already did either colonized it or made some bases on Mars with shadow technology.

I would not poopoo the idea, or that they hide technology from the public, but unfortunately we have little evidence to go on and a lot of speculation.

What makes you so sure that they would tell the public anything they do in the shadows?

They wouldn't, that's a given.

Its almost like as if the Global Elitists are keeping Humans as Prisoners on Earth and making sure that we never achieve that goal. While they make profit out of people's misery and chaos.

For psychopaths, other humans are only as valuable as they are useful, nothing more.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

At 38,000 mph, that seems unlikely to care about a bubble.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yes, we should leave a verdant planet for a dead rock. 🙄

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join