It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Bloomberg Says He’ll Take Money from the Poor Because......It's good for them

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
To be fair. We tax cigarettes for being bad for you, and I've already started drinking cheap water instead of sugary drinks and it's done wonders for my health.

Not saying to vote Bloomberg, I've no intention to, but honestly, there's much worse things to be up in arms about. As for salt, I can't eat most places cause of the salt content, so, would not mind more option besides eat at home.
The point is, it should be your choice, not his. This is the whole point of why we should not cave to some authoritarian nanny state.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I guess I'm just used to this, junk food, booze, smokes, have been taxed here for a long time..there is no special "junk food" tax per se, but soda, candy, salty snacks..etc get 5% GST. Same as going to a restaurant 5% One sure could think of it as a junk food tax in a way. Regular groceries are not taxed.

No one likes a tax, including me..I just beg to differ that any choice was removed.

Out of curiosity what % is the proposed tax?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

So you like the idea of taxes that hurt the poor the most unless they stop engaging in certain behaviors that cost them more money? Or, since many of the poor are subsidized already by government handouts, you're cool with making it moire expensive to subsidize them since it is unlikely anyone will tell they cannot spend those subsidy monies on those sin taxed items?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
“I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”

― Benjamin Franklin

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
How did this guy get rich? Surely it wasn't by knowing what he's talking about.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I guess you missed this part of my post

No one likes a tax, including me.

Am I going to light my hair on fire over it..no! well past that here, a bottle of soda costs an extra 5-10 cents..big deal.
Everyone still has a choice.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove
Not the point. It is the principal of the statement. What next. Can't fornicate without state permission? These A holes need to shut their pie holes and quit with the constant taxation supposedly for our own good. Jeez the left is dumb.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleReamus
“I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”

― Benjamin Franklin

Yep, I want to help them out of poverty, not help them in poverty.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You have seen the price on soda lately, right? It is a big deal. Back before my husband decided to quit drinking it, it was often one of the most expensive items in our grocery cart, and that was shopping weekly sales. But, you know, what's another 5 or 10 cents more to the most expensive item?

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I agree but when do we as consumers and citizens of this country say ENOUGH!! What will they do with this tax money. That billionaire idiot Bloomberg will stuff it in his pocket. Every bill I pay I look at how any taxes we all pay. It is sickening. The amounts of money taken in and squandered is crazy!!! These politicians come in paupers and become worth millions. We need accountability.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
A new term for Presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg from President Trump today:

"Mini-Mike Bloomberg"

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

Consider that they also sin tax things you need like gas.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This guys treats citizens like a civilization game

He is way ahead then most

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join