It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Bloomberg Says He’ll Take Money from the Poor Because......It's good for them

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ash614

He goes by Mike Bloomberg in his ads in Ohio. To sound like a regular guy and less an elitist, I suppose. I find it to be more offensive to try to blend in as it comes off quite fake when everyone knows who he is.

And he promotes that three time mayor of New York City, despite there being a law against it, when he just ignored the law.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

He should just go with, "The Bloomster" or "Big Brother".

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
To be fair. We tax cigarettes for being bad for you, and I've already started drinking cheap water instead of sugary drinks and it's done wonders for my health.

Not saying to vote Bloomberg, I've no intention to, but honestly, there's much worse things to be up in arms about. As for salt, I can't eat most places cause of the salt content, so, would not mind more option besides eat at home.

If we tax things because they are bad for you.... why then do we tax people's income?

So if we are admitting that taxing something is supposed to discourage something, why can't leftist use the same logic and understand that high taxes hurt the economy because it discourages production?

Go let that marinate a bit....

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: neo96

If they live longer, they can be taxed longer.

Nice find.

Good point! Take their guns away too.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
To be fair. We tax cigarettes for being bad for you, and I've already started drinking cheap water instead of sugary drinks and it's done wonders for my health.

Not saying to vote Bloomberg, I've no intention to, but honestly, there's much worse things to be up in arms about. As for salt, I can't eat most places cause of the salt content, so, would not mind more option besides eat at home.

The problem is the tax dollars are not going to pay for the healthcare these people will need, leaving me to pay for their care anyways.

I actually have no problem taxing unhealthy habits, as long as the money is spent on their care. Democrats don't like that though, they like taxing saying it's good because it will prevent me from paying for their care, using the money on their pet projects, and then making me pay for their care anyways.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne
If they live longer the medical bills will keep coming in. In the end nothing will be saved by this authoritarian attitude. It will just result in spreading the cost of their medical expenses out over a longer time-frame. It's the old "pay me now or pay me later" scenario.

I knew a woman that had excellent insurance and lived a pure life. In the end, on her deathbed, her medical bills were astronomical. Well over 1 million dollars.
edit on 30-11-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is just about as dumb as thinking lowering taxes for the rich is a good idea.

Sugar is a drug, raising taxes on it won't stop addicts from buying it. How many people stopped smoking cigarettes after extra taxes were added onto them? Not very many, they just accepted the higher prices and continued smoking.
edit on 11/30/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I never said taxing it would prevent it. The taxes that come from it and any tax on any unhealthy habits should go directly to improving health care.

Part of why I'm not voting for Bloomberg and this sillyness. I know the money won't go where it should. It never does. The idea of taxing soda doesn't bother me. Is not the issue that bothers me.

The issue that should be discussed is where these taxes are actually going. The tax itself isn't the issue. I'd have no problem being taxed most of my money IF I was actually getting my money's worth in exchange. I'm not and that's my issue. Most of my tax money goes towards bull# and lining the pockets of corrupt assholes.

If most of it actually went towards making things better and covering things that they should, then my having less spending cash wouldn't matter because most of what I need it for would already be covered.

In a perfect world...

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This is just about as dumb as thinking lowering taxes for the rich is a good idea.

It is a good idea.

Because the 14th amendment says people have to be treated EQUALLY.

Don't perpetuate institutionalized discrimination.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Sugar is a drug, raising taxes on it won't stop addicts from buying it. How many people stopped smoking cigarettes after extra taxes were added onto them? Not very many, they just accepted the higher prices and continued smoking.

Qualification is in order here. According to NIH, tobacco taxation:

is a highly effective measure for reducing smoking among youth, young adults, and persons of low socioeconomic status. However, there is a striking lack of evidence about the impact of increasing cigarette prices on smoking behavior in heavy/long-term smokers, persons with a dual diagnosis and Aboriginals.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If the only choices were between Bloomberg and Putin, I’d rather have Putin. At least he puts his country first.
Thank God we have Trump.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove
but what about the pollution

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If Dems could meme, he would go by “Okay Bloomer”

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This is proof that all the nonsense Democrats have gotten away with is just not clicking with people anymore. The best thing that ever happened to politics is Donald Trump. He has made political skeptics of everyone supporter and otherwise.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Bloomberg is an authoritarian.

Not really much more to say than that. If you want an authoritarian running the country, then you get everything you deserve.

He is also a UN shrill. United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres has appointed of Michael R. Bloomberg of the United States as his Special Envoy for Climate Action.
So welcome to your sugar and carbon tax

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Then give me a CEO's salary. Thanks in advance.

Corporations are not people btw.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Take the time to become one.

You know... earn it.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

If I had a million dollar loan from my dad and all the connections that came with being born with a silver spoon in my mouth then maybe I could become one, but seeing as I didn't have that giant luxury I must climb the corporate ladder and I'm not a bootlicker and have no interest in climbing the corporate ladder.

By the way, there's a message sitting in your PM's that you've been ignoring for a couple months. Scared to open it? Embarrassed for calling yourself out? Let me know in there please.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I don't do give me's.

Your welcome.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Those CEO's sure do though. "Hey Donny, give me a permanent tax break will ya!" and Donny was more than happy to oblige their "give me" especially seeing as he's one of the people who will benefit from it in the long run.

No conflict of interest there though, right? Wish I were president, then I could give myself as many tax breaks as I want! Must be nice having that silver spoon to play around with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join