It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Bloomberg Says He’ll Take Money from the Poor Because......It's good for them

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Like I said I'm not voting for the guy. I just think all this focus on a tax on soft drinks is silly.

I'm not saying I'm pro tax but would rather tax money is coming from things like this than crap like the tax on feminine products.

So yeah ok, taxes suck, I agree. If we rooted out corruption and increased efficiency of government we could eliminate in my guess, most of our taxes.

In order to do that though, we'd need to revolt and rebuild from the ground up, and create a system that prevents this nonsense from happening again.

But a tax on soda is not by any means the things we should be getting worked up about. You all have already mentioned far scarier and more important things than this nonsense. So let's discuss that, because whining about soda tax makes it look like the guy might actually be ok, since it's such an absurd thing to go on about.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Taxes on tea upset some guys a couple hundred years ago.

They should have just bucked up and found something else to fight about.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well seeing as we might benefit from a revolution, I say, bring it on.

If this is where you want to draw the line and get to work, let's pour those soda bottles in the harbor.

edit on 11/30/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

All King George had to say was 'it was good for their health' and everything woulda been right as rain.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Well seeing as we might benefit from a revolution, I say, bring it on.

If this is where you want to draw the line and get to work, let's pour those soda bottles in the harbor.

You should never discount something as meaningless.

Here's hoping for a revolution!

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

If this is what it takes. I take back what I said.

Though it leaves me conflicted... if we need a revolution, and this is what it takes... does that mean I should be voting for the guy?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

If this is what it takes. I take back what I said.

Though it leaves me conflicted... if we need a revolution, and this is what it takes... does that mean I should be voting for the guy?

I would never tell someone who to vote for.

That would be. . . . authoritarian.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
No One should be voting for Bloomberg.

1. His take on poor,business,taxes.
2. His media empire do not investigate truth.
3. His GUN CONTROL stupidity.

Is three good reasons not too.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Is he super against guns? That's no good we will need them in our revolution...

Course I don't own a gun. Don't really like them myself. I'm more old school, into the old weaponry.

Am one hundred percent pro second amendment though. Kind think we're already mistreating the amendment though, as I refused to believe arms is limited to guns and rifles only.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The good thing about Bloomberg is he will eliminate himself from contention with nothing needing to be done by his opponents cause while he is rich he is a few fries short of a happy meal.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

80% of NRA members support background checks

The guy is a sociopathic liar

Background checks do work, and should be highest priority

There wasn't a single mass shooter than didn't pass the background check.

Because there is no citizenship test for what a person might do.

The peoples rights are virtually unlimited.

The amendments were created to keep the STATE from infringing,denying,disparaging them.

edit on 30-11-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Bloomberg is an authoritarian.

Nobody has proven that Bloomberg lives on an exclusive diet of authors.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Just for snips and giggles.

Ryan’s spokesman cited a 2015 poll of gun owners by Public Policy Polling, a Democratic polling firm, conducted on behalf of two liberal groups: MoveOn.org Civic Action and the Center for American Progress. The poll surveyed 816 gun owners.

Janine Parry, director of the Arkansas Poll and a professor at the University of Arkansas, said that the polls do not reflect a large enough sample of NRA members to reach the conclusion that 70 to 80 percent of NRA members support background checks.

While it’s tempting to take a national sample and try to drill down, when looking at a smaller subset such as NRA members "you end up generalizing and that can be dangerous," she said.

Ideally, a poll would include somewhere between 750 and 1,000 NRA members, she said.

"You would need an independent polling organization to either oversample NRA members or have a big enough national sample to get you to at least 500, but preferably closer to 750 NRA members who can stand as a sample on their own," she said.

www.politifact.com...

NRA members are fully aware of what it takes to buy firearms.

I sincerely doubt a 'majority' wants to make it tougher on themselves.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Ok I agree. But what are we to do? Our rights to be armed have been eroded to near uselessness already.

Let's be fair if we were to go against our corrupt government in a revolution we'd be one hundred percent dependant on the soldiers in the armed forces refusing to take fight to the citizenry. When the amendment was made we were supposed to be at least reasonably similarly armed to the military.

The amendment was never about hunting like everyone makes it out to be. The only reason they're still trying to take down the second is because while in a direct confrontation we're screwed, in a surprise attack some 'important' people might bite the literal bullet.

I'm not sure we aren't past the point of no return already.

I do know I've got too much to lose so I'm not going to revolt. I guess I'm a coward. Either that or not a fool as I'm well aware I would accomplish nothing and most likely go down in infamy as a monster.

It would take a true revolution of the majority for me to join.
edit on 11/30/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Ok I agree. But what are we to do? Our rights to be armed have been eroded to near uselessness already.

We call bullsnip out where see it. Like Mr. Nazi Boots Bloomberg.

Then find us a single federal judge and get them to get rid of the NFA,GCA,BHGPA.

And end them just like Travel bans.

edit on 30-11-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

He's so rich.
www.businessinsider.com...

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg now owns 14 properties worldwide after purchasing three Hamptons estates in as many years, Capital New York's Dana Rubinstein reports.

In 2011, he bought a $20 million, 35-acre estate in Ballyshear.

He has since acquired an adjacent home as well as a nearby 4.8 acre vacant plot of land.

nymag.com...

Today’s New York Times contained an article detailing Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s double life in Bermuda. We dug up some new photos of the mayor’s massive mansion on the island that reveal his personal putt-putt course and other highlights of his sweet crib in paradise. Mayor Mike purchased his Stokes Bay estate in 1998.
He demolished the house that was originally on the property and replaced it with a custom-built approximately 6,000-square-foot mansion that cost $10 million
Botelho Wood Architects is a Bermudan firm that did some of the work on Stokes Bay. Their website features several photos that let us get a closer look at the mayor’s beachfront digs in Bermuda.

More to read in the link

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It's clear that he's trying to take the lead of democrats and finish them.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
He's healthy

www.huffpost.com...

Small excerpt from huff po...

For years now, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has been on a crusade to reform the way his city eats. During his reign New York has banned trans fats, forced chain restaurants to post calorie counts, pushed eateries to cut their salt usage, and encouraged people to skip sugary drinks in favor of water.

You may find these methods heavy-handed, but then again, this diet was never about you.

Some can not afford an Atkins Diet.

Aaaaaaand😀

Bloomberg] struggles mightily to restrain his appetite. As a billionaire in one of the dining capitals of the world, he can eat anything he wants. But he is obsessed with his weight — so much so that the sight of an unflattering photo of himself can trigger weeks of intense dieting and crankiness, according to friends and aides.”

So he's so vain that he's preventing you from a great dining experience because he has no self control👏👏👏👍👍🍻

Some can not afford an Atkins Diet.
edit on 30-11-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Great idea, a Bloomberg Coke Party. Tie him up and pour sodas all over him. Less painful than a tar and feathering.

Well until the acid starts eating through his skin.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ok. Is this a deep fake? No rational person running for government would ever say this in public. It’s like someone saying half the country is a basket of deplorables who are irredeemable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join