It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Bloomberg Says He’ll Take Money from the Poor Because......It's good for them

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
You all really need to watch this snip.

Michael Bloomberg: I listen to people who say, “Well we don’t want to tax the poor.” Well, we want the poor to live longer. So that they can get an education and enjoy life. And that’s why you do want to do exactly what a lot of people say you don’t want to do. The question is do you want to pander to those people or do you want to get them to live longer. And there’s just no question if you raise taxes on full sugary drinks, for example, they will drink less.

Life over jobs

Taxes and losing jobs.

Because it's better for you!!!

*Had to alter the article title it was too long.
edit on 30-11-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If they live longer, they can be taxed longer.

Nice find.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Dude's a real piece of work. I'm sure he doesn't drink any sugary drinks or eat any sugary foods. Lmao politicians of the world are the biggest jokes ever.a reply to: neo96

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I like how the forum list titles your thread:

"Michael Bloomberg Says Hell Take Money from the Poor Because......Its good for them"

Just put a comma after "Says" and "Hell" ... and it kinda-sorta says the same thing

Cheers

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Just like taking candy from a baby.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

I like how the forum list titles your thread:

"Michael Bloomberg Says Hell Take Money from the Poor Because......Its good for them"

Just put a comma after "Says" and "Hell" ... and it kinda-sorta says the same thing

Cheers

Thar be hell to pay..
Lmao👍😆😆😆

Good find Neo96

Edit: as for Bloomberg. I honesty can't wrap my head around why anyone would vote for him. Banning large soft drinks, added salts in resteraunts, stop and feel me up..etc etc etc etc...

edit on 30-11-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96 More shiite from the boob tube aka media,create a facade just like reality TV,.all the actors are there,meanwhile behind the scenes,Calif getting ready to succeed,own currency, as dollar will collapse after a major disaster,other big states already have plans in order,kind of history repeating itself in reverse as the british banksters go ravage another country,as they have drained it dry,history says that when New Madrid hit,there was giant quakes and tsunami's all over the world,not cool because the things are happening now and people can't understand,better to be aware then to be frightened,and their subliminal ads are about as smart as a 2nd grader's attempt,thats how little they think of public in general

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Bloomberg is an authoritarian.

Not really much more to say than that. If you want an authoritarian running the country, then you get everything you deserve.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't want Baghdad Bloomberg anywhere near the White House.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
To be fair. We tax cigarettes for being bad for you, and I've already started drinking cheap water instead of sugary drinks and it's done wonders for my health.

Not saying to vote Bloomberg, I've no intention to, but honestly, there's much worse things to be up in arms about. As for salt, I can't eat most places cause of the salt content, so, would not mind more option besides eat at home.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

It's simple.

Either you believe in your right to self determine or you don't.

Bloomberg doesn't believe you get to do what you want with your own body.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

The issue is not about the pros and cons of a healthy diet or lifestyle. It's about someone controlling you.
Do you want to be told what you can and can't eat, drink, smoke or otherwise ingest?
That is tyranny. Facism. Authoritarianism.
Can you not see that???

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

For people that complain a lot about paying for other's health care, you don't seem to care too much about things that might actually reduce the cost of it.

No one's being denied sugary drinks anymore than being denied cigarettes. It's a tax, not the gestapo.

There's a balance to be had between do what ever the # you want, and these are things you cannot do.

Anyone who stands for "do what ever the # you want" is as foolish as anyone who demands "control over what everyone else does for their own good" so I do not see in the same binary you seem to.

Again, this is a tax, not something strictly enforced by throwing people in jail for having a soda. People can still choose to drink soda, it will just cost more. Which the money would, if I had my choice in the matter, go towards improving health care. I think that's fair. Eat and drink like an idiot, contribute more to the health care costs that will rise because of it.

Off to work to care for people, one in particular who's life was ruined due to bad diet.
edit on 11/30/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

What should scare you about Michael Bloomberg is that he has ordered his media group to not report anything negative about him or any other democrat candidates.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

tenor.com...
See ya later..

What ever happened to personal responsibilities. I know better than to eat McD's every day. I choose to eat healthy. But hey we need an authoritarian government.
edit on 30-11-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Bloomberg has also defended China's Xi Jinping as a great leader. He admires him!
He admires a ruthless dictator.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

For people that complain a lot about paying for other's health care, you don't seem to care too much about things that might actually reduce the cost of it.

Because people aren't human chattle. Like Bloombergs thinks they are.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
And Bloomberg was talking about A LOT more than just drinks in that clip.

If you have a job he doesn't like?

EFF you.

Literally.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Bloomberg is an authoritarian.

Well yeah, obviously!

Anyone who proposes to put a 10 cent tax your supersized coke is obviously authoritarian... Its a true injustice to the very fabric of humanity.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Figures that you'd ignore anything else I said and focus on this, but then again, you support higher taxes, so that says more about you than anything else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join