It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taninim Long announces his reforms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Taninim Long, the elected President of the Alaurentia bioregional movement, has announced on social media the reforms he proposes to bring, in the event the growing nation gains sovereignty. Taninim Long is controversial for the fact that he has kept private his actual name and actual appearance; but also for the completely unconventional approach he has taken to reach his goal of a society that's completely independent from the establishment.

The reforms he proposed to bring are based on the idea that people should have several new Rights, such as the Right of Privacy, and an undeniable Freedom of Movement.

Amongst the reforms, he proposes to ban public surveillance devices intended to monitor and record people's movements, specifically the kind of which affects people's privacy. He proposes to repurpose the local waste plastic and use it as construction material for a "flagship" (as a reminder, until now, much plastic waste is being sent to landfills in Asia). As the establishment has begun considering taxing boathouses located on public lakes (since those boathouses are using "land and water that's property of the government"), Taninim wishes to enforce people's right to enjoy wilderness, and wants to dissolve any of such taxes. Native Americans, he argues, and animals don't have to "pay a tax" for living in nature - it is interesting to note that Taninim has revealed to have Native ancestry. Another noteworthy reform he proposed to bring is to decentralize telecommunication, and enable people to use the Alaurentian meshnetwork. This meshnetwork works independently of Internet or satellites (it relies on your device's antenna), basically making telecommunication free and resistant to political censorship.

This list of reforms comes after the established government of Quebec has announced its plan to monitor vehicle movements, using an invasive network of surveillance cameras, so to tax people based on the amount of travel they make. This tax, says Quebec's government, is intended to compensate for the "losses" caused by people switching to electric cars, causing the government's income from the tax on gas to "plummet".

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Wow... news from Alaurentia. But why the secrecy? Shouldn't you know who Taninim Long is before joining a "country" with him?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Not necessarily. How many people join Anonymous?

I trust the guy. That's all I need to know.

So many people become leader so to gain fame and riches - Taninim, he's refusing any kind of credit or gratitude. He's doing all this out of sheer rage against the establishment system. To me, that's brave as hell.

edit on 30-11-2019 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I personally feel the proposed reforms would constitute a direct hit in the establishment's face.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Didn't somebody already try this? Wasn't it called Jonestown or something?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Taninim claims to have an account here on ATS and has been posting recently - should be pretty easy to find his threads/profile. I believe it is his name without any other letters/numbers

ETA: maybe I should have said "SOMEBODY claims to be Taninim and is posting on ATS". My mistake.
edit on 30-11-2019 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So when will the next Presidential election be held for the high office of Alaurentia? Actually, when was the last election held? This whole micronation thing cracks me up.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Some one using an imaginary name as the leader of a imaginary country.

Well call me shocked.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I was playing policemen or cowboy when I was young. When playing president of a imaginary country is his thing - why not. Strange that it`s brought up on a adult forum...but hey, at least it was funny to read.

"the elected President" lol

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Saw something like this years ago VW kombi, plus Tan, plus Australia.

Edit to add.

If you get a chance to trek around Deelen air base you might find some interesting evidence.
Its important to somebody.

edit on 30-11-2019 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hope he's selling lots of t shirts!

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I've never heard of this place or person. I clicked on the link and read through most of it.

Sounds like someone who is a bit touched, is anyone taking this seriously?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Wow... news from Alaurentia. But why the secrecy? Shouldn't you know who Taninim Long is before joining a "country" with him?

You must be close pals with Trudeau, eh?

Like, you know your leader right? Can you chat with him online?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sanitarium79

Whether you believe I am "imaginary" or not is irrelevant. That will not change the effects that my existence is having on history. I have already begun implementing the reforms I have proposed.

My purpose is not to surround my name, my real name, with a shroud of glory. Every other leaders have already done that, and where did that bring us? No. My purpose is to change this world, and then walk in it beside you as an equal, without you ever even knowing that I am the one who worked for it.

I could be your neighbor, your relative; I could even perhaps be your employee or your friend. If you are kind to others, then you are kind to me, and I will always return the favour.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TaninimLong

This also protects you publicly from any fall out that might happen, right? Just to put out another angle.

top topics

join