It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican president warns trump , do not go after the drug cartels

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Trump admin is probably going to start squeezing them financially long before boots hit the ground. The designation allows them to start freezing accounts and seizing money associated with the cartels.

Of course they were doing that already, but by designating them as terrorists they have more liberty to really go after the money.

How much is this causing illegal immigration? You can understand how people run from Mexico just to get away from it. Then you have a handful that run from justice down there as well. It is just a mess.

We have many mexican workers in canada. They are mostly legal. They pay taxes here. Many work 25 years and then collect Canada pension, which is fine because they paid into it and paid taxes. They are good people, who just want to work and care for their families.

Love or leave trump, I respect that he is actually facing the issues. It is not all just rhetoric or an election tactic. Ignoring the problem and not doing anything about it is part of what made it this bad.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

The US can't grow Coca like we grow cannabis. The cartels no longer look at cannabis as a cash crop because our home grown supply and quality is something they can't compete with. That said Coca is a sacred plant by many South American natives so trying to eradicate the plant is inhumane and will cause a plethora of environmental problems.

The cartels also make a fortune off the heroin and meth trade.

It is America's demand for drugs drives the market. Decriminalization and a regulated market is the best way to hurt their profits.

The problem is war is a profitable operation for a handful of corporations with strong lobby powers(own our politicians). Expanding the War on Terror will mean more profits for them.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Mexican politicians need the cartels to blame things on, once they are gone Mexico is just another 3rd world country bordering the worlds richest country, there is going to be problems.

Just because people run from a problem they created doesn't make them good people, it means they run from responsibility. How many people come here, commit crimes and flee back where they came? 42% of murder in the US is done by illegal immigrants, they only make up 15% - which means illegals are 3x more likely to commit murder. Every year we hear they are running from crime, how many more generations can they use that excuse, well it's been 8 generations since the end of slavery in the US so I guess forever if it suits politicians needs I guess.
edit on 2-12-2019 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

It is America's demand for drugs drives the market.

I used to think this way, too, but now I know it's not really that simplistic.

Kids are targeted early and at a vulnerable stage in their lives. Once they are hooked, it's not as simple as just saying 'no'. They then go through life in a prison of addiction. Meth, heroin, coc aine, fentanyl have destroyed too many people and too many families.

We need to do everything we can, including building that wall, to stem the flow of thugs and drugs into our country. It won't eliminate it 100%, but I believe this is a fight worth having.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

42% of murder in the US is done by illegal immigrants

Um, I'm not advocating for illegal immigration but I'm calling serious bullsh#t on that, you said it..back it up with some info.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
Mexican politicians need the cartels to blame things on,

Seems like american politicians need the same thing.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Marijuana should have never been made illegal in the first place. If you look back at the driving forces for it illegalization it can be traced to the textile industries' pressure.

How long have people been arguing and pushing to decriminalize MJ while pointing out that it being a schedule 1 drug was completely ridiculous? That is why you are doing no one any favors by putting it in the same category as other schedule 1 drugs and comparing the effect it would have by decriminalizing them.

MJ should never be lumped in with drugs like meth, fentanyl, or coc. Doing so just shoots the entire movement in the foot.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
That was our good friend Nixon, probably the most corrupt pres who ever held office,

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Itiswhatitis1979

The CIA makes so much $ from the drugs business that it will not allow the prohibition to end or the cartels to be ended.

Drugs prohibition has been going on for more than a century, even before the CIA was created in 1947.

Read Alfred McCoy's several books about it. The prohibition and black market profits will be here forever because the CIA makes money from it.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Translation - The new Mexican president is the Cartel's Bee Otch ..........

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join