It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican president warns trump , do not go after the drug cartels

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

Funny stuff you do understand Mexico responded to trump complaining ...right...

Did I mention I’m sick of Mexico and it’s constant complaining? It’s the worst neighbor in the world. To hell with them.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

I'm sure Mexico's President is torn between two facts about the drug cartels...

First, the cartels killed more than 100 politicians between September 2017 - June 2018.

www.cnbc.com...

Secondly, they may be worried that eradicating the drug cartels might kill their economy as well.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

First, the cartels killed more than 100 politicians between September 2017 - June 2018.

www.cnbc.com...

Secondly, they may be worried that eradicating the drug cartels might kill their economy as well.

That is why asked if the reasons are legitimate.

Keeping drug cartels around because kill too many politicians or because it fuels their economy seems poor excuses

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Really think the supply of drugs can be remove from the planet? The current war on drugs can't even put a dent in the supply now.

Remove the demand and the supply goes away. Remove supply and more will appear.

I can't wait to hear the excuses about 100s of random innocent people being killed weekly in this war. What will be the war cry "Do it for the addicts"?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

So your solution is to legalize all illicit drugs and give away free fentanyl on every street corner????

And, you think this will cause the cartels to all just dissolve in short order???

I think not!

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I am all for this war. The country needs a new enemy so more young American soldiers can be killed.

Let'em die because some drug addict doesn't care about his own life.

Lots of death no matter what. We might as well get to it. The shock and awe makes great news.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think the bottom line is drugs are not going away despite all efforts.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

We don't have to send troops there to die. We can do everything we need to do from the air.

I'm sorry, but your idea is very irresponsible.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

My thought was creating a war on drugs is a big loss of innocent life.

Others here seem to think a war isn't?

But I am now in to watch innocents die because drug addicts don't care. An air war won't stop loss of innocent life but we can read about it in the news and see youtube vids.

You have convinced me. Let's do it.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Ways cartels make money besided the drug trade include, but are not limited to,

Forced prostitution
Kidnapping and ransom
Gun Running
Theft and Robbery
Human Trafficking
As Loan Sharks
The Protection Racket
And more...

Take away drugs and they'll simply need to rely more on their other horrendous activities, thus increasing their frequency as a consequence.

As such the removal of drugs is not a solution, they need to be taken down and reduced to such numbers that all these things become rare occurances.

Oh and these wonderful human beings are not only increasing their numbers in the US, but strengthening their hold here as well.

But yeah, we need an open border and to not concern ourselves with these people. After all they basically own the government in Mexico and Columbia, so why not give them the US too. I mean the Mexican people love it there so much they're practically tripping over themselves to come here and share the excitement with us.
edit on 12/1/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: booyakasha
going after the Mexican Cartels means going after almost the entire Mexican Government and half of our own.

Don't be so naive.

Drug Cartels having been funding their politicians and ours for a very very long time.

Why do you think there is this fight going on for open or closed borders?

Closing the borders means a lot less money for the American and Mexican law enforcement.

Still not seeing a problem here.

All I'm seeing are excuses to muck up the process. There is NOTHING complicated about it. If the Mexican government is the problem, put some justice in their arse. If Cartels are the problem, take them out. If our politicians are the cause, put them on trial and if found guilty, let them swing from a tall tree for high treason, or a firing squad. I'm not picky. Either will do just fine.

So yeah... I'm not seeing a problem, only solutions. You guys are acting like there are no solutions and that causes a bigger problem. If you don't do anything about the problem and pretend it doesn't exist, get worse or one day affect your own children.... Ultimately, who's fault is it?

When your 16 year old daughter goes on her first date and the guy unknowingly has a drug problem that your child is tempted by because "it's cool" in their age bracket... you may end up with an addict for a child. Could happen. So who's fault is it then? Cartels?

No... It's yours. The Cartels were our main target and you didn't want to do anything about it. So the fault is yours.

ok let me make this clear.

The cartels are not going to arrest themselves.

They own the law enforcement. They ARE the law enforcement.

The lawyers and politicians aren't going bust themselves.

Thats the problem.

you're right about everything you said, but you have to realize, they completely own the law now.

It will take nothing short of a public revolution. Thats why they are trying to take our guns.

The fault is ours. The fault is the American people keep voting for politicians that are hired by the cartels because they are so god damn brainwashed by the media which is owned by the cartels.

Thats the problem.

edit on 1-12-2019 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

The cartels don't own the US yet. If they did we'd be like Mexico. They're close, they're trying, but they aren't there yet. There's still time. They can't afford enough of our politicians yet for a full take over, and aren't strong enough in the US to use threats with the same backing they can in Mexico. There are still many politicians and groups that do not desire them to succeed. Big money that is not for it.

There's competing groups, some work for the cartels, some work against them, and some work with whichever side pays the best at any given time.

The key is to watch your politicians and see where they stand. Will give a hint though, anyone for a weak border is by definition, pro letting them get a stronger hold in the US.

The one's strongly against the legalization of drugs are also likewise pro-cartel. There are people pro-cartel on both sides of the aisle.

I say legalize, tax and regulate drugs and use the tax money to help addicts. It won't end the cartels, which I clarified earlier, but it will make a dent in their income and force them into more risky forms of crime with greater exposure and fewer gains. Plus legal drugs can be safer through regulations than street drugs.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: StallionDuck

You think I'm gullible, lol I'm not not the one that gullible enough to try prohibition again and think it will be successful.

Prohibition? I never suggested anything like it. I'm talking about getting rid of cartels, not bootlegging hooch for a boozie bar.

Have at it bud go save the world, I will send you some hope and prayers.

That's the right attitude. Seems to be the norm for half the population here in the states. I shouldn't have to bother saying which half. Turning our backs on it certainly doesn't fix the problem.

Reminds me of all of those Cali fires... I can only imagine.

"honey, the neighborhood is on fire! Should we call the Fire Department? Should we start packing?"
- Nah... Our house isn't burning. Who cares. The rain will come and put it out. Don't waste your energy and get worked up over nothing. Besides... I'm watching Trump get impeached. It's history in the making!

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

My thought was creating a war on drugs is a big loss of innocent life.

Others here seem to think a war isn't?

But I am now in to watch innocents die because drug addicts don't care. An air war won't stop loss of innocent life but we can read about it in the news and see youtube vids.

You have convinced me. Let's do it.

It's astonishing to see how some of you guys look at life.

Bet you would allow the government to kill all free breathers if they decided to shrink the population, hey? It's hilarious. You're all about healthcare for the poor, unworking people but you don't really care about the side effects of being poor? So you want to save them and let them die at the same time. That's like buying a loaf of bread so you can leave it on the cabinet to get moldy, then throw it away.

Sorry man... I value all lives, less so the lives of murderers. It's ok, those cartel leaders don't much care for the people they're killing with those drugs either. Sounds like you feel that the cartels are doing just fine at their jobs. They're just getting rid of the weak drug addicted populace. They're not hurting non-addicts.

Gotcha

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: StallionDuck

You think I'm gullible, lol I'm not not the one that gullible enough to try prohibition again and think it will be successful.

Prohibition? I never suggested anything like it. I'm talking about getting rid of cartels, not bootlegging hooch for a boozie bar.

Have at it bud go save the world, I will send you some hope and prayers.

That's the right attitude. Seems to be the norm for half the population here in the states. I shouldn't have to bother saying which half. Turning our backs on it certainly doesn't fix the problem.

Reminds me of all of those Cali fires... I can only imagine.

"honey, the neighborhood is on fire! Should we call the Fire Department? Should we start packing?"
- Nah... Our house isn't burning. Who cares. The rain will come and put it out. Don't waste your energy and get worked up over nothing. Besides... I'm watching Trump get impeached. It's history in the making!

What purpose does it serve getting rid of the cartels if they are replaced by other drug dealers ?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

www.cnbc.com...

Both are valid points!

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I am all for this war. The country needs a new enemy so more young American soldiers can be killed.

Let'em die because some drug addict doesn't care about his own life.

Lots of death no matter what. We might as well get to it. The shock and awe makes great news.

Yes and after all that, not a god damned thing will have been achieved. Things will just shuffle around and right back to square 1.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Free up all drugs and totally ban NarCan... Problem Solved!

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
wap.business-standard.com...

Trump said he wants to wipe these drug dealers and murderers off the planet.

The new Mexican president says not so fast?

Why would he be against the u.s. dealing with drug cartels if the Mexican government shows no competency in doing so?

And is the reason legitimate.....?

If the drug cartels were wiped out by American means, shows weakness toward mexico, slows the need to mass illegal migration. Means a decrease in military and police pay (cartel bribes). Etc and Etc.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I think because what happens in Mexico is none of our business.

Do we want to encourage another countries leader to come here and try running things?

Just what does trump think he can do anyway?

And yet, a bunch of selfish idiots in the USA that keep buying drugs from violent cartels to give them power.

Simple solution - legalize all drugs, and skin human traffickers alive to be salted and limed in the town square for all to see.

Anyone from the US found to be aiding and abetting the terrorists, do the same to. Take 10% of the money currently spend on incarcerating drug offenders and use it for bounties on cartel members. If it has to be Black Budget, so be it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join