It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican president warns trump , do not go after the drug cartels

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
going after the Mexican Cartels means going after almost the entire Mexican Government and half of our own.

Don't be so naive.

Drug Cartels having been funding their politicians and ours for a very very long time.

Why do you think there is this fight going on for open or closed borders?

Closing the borders means a lot less money for the American and Mexican law enforcement.

Still not seeing a problem here.

All I'm seeing are excuses to muck up the process. There is NOTHING complicated about it. If the Mexican government is the problem, put some justice in their arse. If Cartels are the problem, take them out. If our politicians are the cause, put them on trial and if found guilty, let them swing from a tall tree for high treason, or a firing squad. I'm not picky. Either will do just fine.

So yeah... I'm not seeing a problem, only solutions. You guys are acting like there are no solutions and that causes a bigger problem. If you don't do anything about the problem and pretend it doesn't exist, get worse or one day affect your own children.... Ultimately, who's fault is it?

When your 16 year old daughter goes on her first date and the guy unknowingly has a drug problem that your child is tempted by because "it's cool" in their age bracket... you may end up with an addict for a child. Could happen. So who's fault is it then? Cartels?

No... It's yours. The Cartels were our main target and you didn't want to do anything about it. So the fault is yours.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Taking on the cartels is going to be much more difficult than what we have faced in a long time. They are very well organized and well funded. If we do get permission from Mexico then not only will we have to use our full capabilities but also provide alot of money to help mitigate the end of cash into many communities that is currently be provided by the cartels through jobs.

This whole operation is going to take time and many lives.

But it does need to be done. Reagan would be proud.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

As if most drug users care about them self and won't seek out drugs if their first source is gone.

As long as there is a demand, s supply will exist.

Can't get a supply if there isn't a supply. Prices will skyrocket which will prevent many people from buying that particular drug. I rather see a bunch of 'pot addicts' (if that's even possible) vs heroin addicts all over this country.

Maybe you can't get rid of the demand but you can damn sure put a hurting on the supply to where it makes it a crap ton harder to get.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Willtell

The US can’t wipe out their own drug problem. And they certainly can’t wipe out the Mexican drug cartels

They would bring an absolute disaster on America and Mexico if the US intruded in that war.

I don't necessarily think it would be disastrous to have a predator drone loitering a few miles out from a Cartel's coastal villa..

It will when an innocent civilian or civilians get wiped out.

Drones have killed many innocent people.

You mean like that innocent christian family that was raped and murdered like cattle? Like those innocent children, some too young to say their own names that were burned to a crisp, that watch their parents get butchered and raped?

Not like those guys... They were christian. Worthless. Oh but they were treading around where they didn't belong. Doesn't matter if they were mexican americans, they were on the cartel's turf. Shouldn't have been snooping.

Not like the cartels do their business on US soil. No threat to us whatsoever! Nothing to see here folks. Back it up... Back it up. Go home. Show's over.

Wanna compare the total deaths by drone strike vs total deaths by cartels and their drug related activity? I bet the numbers would astound you! You can get a tiny idea just by googling how many people die of heroin overdoses and meth every year. Good place to start.

In compared to....

317 drone strikes that killed 2,160 Islamic militants and 67 civilians since 2008.

I like those odds. Now... Compare them to the cartel victims... dare ya.
edit on 30-11-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I think because what happens in Mexico is none of our business.

Do we want to encourage another countries leader to come here and try running things?

Just what does trump think he can do anyway?

And yet, a bunch of selfish idiots in the USA that keep buying drugs from violent cartels to give them power.

That won't stop the cartels now. They've invested heavily in legitimate business ventures, on top of their other dealings such as human trafficking. How far are we willing to go for a bloodless resolution to the cartel problem? Do we legalize human trafficking, and organ harvesting to stop them?

Being designated a Terrorist Group by the USA is serious business and it changes the entire landscape and playing field...all assets globally are vulnerable and in most cases International Treaties back up freezing of said assets....nope they are childsplay to stop if its what the Mexican People want....its the Mexican People who matter its their wishes that matter….and they are the ones who can change things without them there is no change....if as a group they decide to out all Gangsters then its quick business to clean house completely.....hit them hard and often leave no stone unturned and its over in a few years.

Change a few words and translate this to Mexican. www.bing.com...
edit on 30-11-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Trump better have an alternative to the drugs provided by the cartels, to feed to Americans

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Mexican president has nothing to worry about, we're not going to invade... just gonna do a few drone strikes!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

because If the MEXICAN PEOPLE want the Gangs gone they will co-operate with American forces...and if they do that then these Gangs have nowhere to hide...

History shows that enemy soldiers kill the locals who side with their enemy. Kill some and then most decide silence is what is needed.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

That's exactly right. If you want to get rid of the cartels you will have to beat them at their own game.

Legalize the drugs, make it a commercial operation. That's what killed the illegal weed business, and it will kill the illegal cartel business. Plain and simple.

If you think you can handle the hard drugs, fine. But don't do it while supporting a crimimal operation with some very bad hombres causing lots of grief along the way. Imagine the farmaceutical industry being a bunch of criminals, I know alot of you think they are, but imagine they actually would! Mayhem

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

As if most drug users care about them self and won't seek out drugs if their first source is gone.

Can't get a supply if there isn't a supply. Prices will skyrocket which will prevent many people from buying that particular drug. I rather see a bunch of 'pot addicts' (if that's even possible) vs heroin addicts all over this country.

Maybe you can't get rid of the demand but you can damn sure put a hurting on the supply to where it makes it a crap ton harder to get.

As has already been mentioned it's a supply and demand issue, there is a huge demand for drugs in America, assuming the cartels were eliminated you would have drug labs popping up all over the country and many many more people dying from drugs poorly made and contaminated.
edit on 30-11-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
it's pretty obvious that the cartel's have control of the Mexican government, police and military. that alone gives the US justification to invade mexico to restore order and destroy the source of a significant threat to the American people, that has killed millions of our people since the 80's and continues to even now in 2019. the longer we excuse Mexican incompetence the stronger the cartel's influence in the US becomes, especially as the latino population grows due to immigration.

we created the problem of cartel's by destabilizing our neighbor's for decades, we have to fix it before it destroys our country sometime in the future.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

If Mexico did allow the US to intercede the Mexican president wouldn’t last a week.

His family would be in danger as well

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

US citizens have willfully consumed drugs. Can we attack Canada because Canadian beer and whiskey has helped in American deaths by DWI and other means.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: StallionDuck

As has already been mentioned it's a supply and demand issue, there is a huge demand for drugs in America, assuming the cartels were eliminated you would have drug labs popping up all over the country and many many more people dying from poorly made and contaminated.

Doubt it. Let me know when you find poppy fields or coca plants by the fields in the US.

It's not a one step process. You also need to help the addicted here in this country. You can build all the labs you want but like always, they will be taken out when found. Taking out cartels will take a HUGE bite out of their market. If it boils down to mom and pop meth labs... It's still not on scale with the cartels.

Who do you know that will travel 3 states for crack when no one has it in his area? You think a heroin addict will fly to mexico when they run out of drugs? Seriously doubt it.

Most likely.... The addicts will just sit in their room rocking back and forth while calling their dealer every 10 minutes asking "you get some yet?".

No.... they wont always get it from somewhere else. You have to have a supply to MEET the demand. No supply... demand don't matter. You have nothing to feed it.

Don't act like all drug addicts do hard drugs because it's cool. They do it most often because they're addicted to it. A heroin addict will likely stick to pot and gum drops to ease the pain of withdrawal. Coke and meth addicts might start eating no doze by the handfuls... What they wont do is sit around a couple plants in their back yard in hopes that something grows to take away their addiction. By then, the addiction isn't anywhere close to where they were before and finally, they have a real choice to decide to live life or walk right back into the addiction.

Hard drugs might be magically delicious to addicts but those lucky charms wont grow out of their backyard when the supply can no longer meet the demand... This time, Jack... The beanstalk is NOT real.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

When there's a will there's a way. I think you're being a little naive, if there's no poppies a replacement like fentanal will be used, that's mainly made in China and is used in hospitals. If drug dealers cant import it they will source it through the medical industry.

Also many other drugs can be made with all sorts of nasty, like I said it's a supply and demand issue, prohibition doesn't work, never has and never will people will always find away to get what they want.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

a reply to: namehere

US citizens have willfully consumed drugs. Can we attack Canada because Canadian beer and whiskey has helped in American deaths by DWI and other means.

While your at it... Go to war with Oxygen because a house burned down because O2 was needed to make the fire.

I'll say this about your response....

That's the most common and most stupid remark ever made and can not be used as a logical excuse for any reason. It's just dumb. Haven't we gotten away from this childish thinking by now?

Common sense....

Whiskey is not illegal. When it is, then you can go to war with bootleggers because it's risking lives. Ps.... I can make my own alcohol at home legally and it'll have the exact same effect if I wanted it to. Heroin isn't quite as easy. That would require a phone call to someone who has a connection to all of those drugs coming across the border.

Furthermore, I rather see someone take a shot of Crown instead of taking a literal shot with a syringe and needle full of black tar heroin that very possibly could be laced with fentanyl. You're taking a 50/50 chance with the heroin/fentanyl. The whiskey wont kill you unless you're stupid or a full blown alcoholic.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

When there's a will there's a way. I think you're being a little naive, if there's no poppies a replacement like fentanal will be used, that's mainly made in China and is used in hospitals. If drug dealers cant import it they will source it through the medical industry.

Also many other drugs can be made with all sorts of nasty, like I said it's a supply and demand issue, prohibition doesn't work, never has and never will people will always find away to get what they want.

I want a couple hundred million dollars from the Mega Millions lottery. I will the hell out of that... So far... Nothing. You know the way? I'm buying tickets.... what am I doing wrong? Not enough tickets?

You're counting me nieve. I consider you pretty gullible. You're just assuming that there is no way to break supply and demand. How do you know? Did you try it? Oh yeah... The US did some strikes some year back - CIA involved in the trade... nothing helped.

....only because we're not and weren't really doing anything about it. That's exactly what will keep happening because
no one wants to do a damn thing about it because of all the poor innocent mexican people that need to work to put food in their mouths... So they PLANT drugs instead of say... rice... beans... you know... Stuff you live off of.

Fentanyl is already being used. Alternatives are being used because it's easier and cheaper to get. You can stop the fentanyl coming out of China just like you can take out the cartels to stop that as well.

Please tell me how addicts will get their demanded supply then?

Do a little roleplay with me..... I dare you.

- The US sends drone attacks and obliterate all of the most well known targets in Mexico. More strikes coming once intelligence flushes out more hideouts and crop fields.

- The US has taken a hard stance on incoming shipments from China, as the problem with fentanyl being smuggled into the country has become a major problem.

- The US is also taking a hard line on imports crossing our borders into this country to make sure that the war on 'terror' diminishes.

- Health organizations are now active at actually helping addicts by education and support centers while no longer using other addictive drugs to beat their previous addiction, leaving them within a full continuous circle of addictions. Psychological support has also been made available for free for anyone with addiction problems, this way even the poorest of our great country can get help should they need it.

- Prison systems are also looking at drug reform habilitation, trying to fade out incarceration as a permanent solution.

Your turn....

edit on 30-11-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You think I'm gullible, lol I'm not not the one that gullible enough to try prohibition again and think it will be successful.

Have at it bud go save the world, I will send you some hope and prayers.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I think because what happens in Mexico is none of our business.

Do we want to encourage another countries leader to come here and try running things?

Just what does trump think he can do anyway?

Shoot them when they cross the border? Death sentence to all smugglers caught and shot on site?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

thats actually one of the things he did from the thread i did on this a few days ago www.reuters.com...

Soon afterwards, Mexico’s foreign ministry issued a statement saying it would quickly seek a high-level meeting with U.S. State Department officials to address the legal designation as well as the flow of arms and money to organized crime. “The foreign minister will establish contact with his counterpart, Michael R. Pompeo, in order to discuss this very important issue for the bilateral agenda,” the ministry said. Once a particular group is designated as a terrorist organization, under U.S. law it is illegal for people in the United States to knowingly offer support and its members cannot enter the country and may be deported. Financial institutions that become aware they have funds connected to the group must block the money and alert the U.S. Treasury Department.
so it locks down their money and lets us deport any one that is remotely tied to drug trafficking ,and if any banks/companies etc are found to be funneling money to said terrorists they loose their stuff and in the case of foreign nationals get deported and if not charged with a variety of not fun crimes

and as options he can do with out mexican's blessings he can detail the coast guard to step up interdiction's in international waters between the source of the drugs (well at least for coke) and shadow any flights coming into the usa with drones that look suspicious and then send the DEA to meet them when they land . and i guess we could just start sinking their narco subs sure the navy would like some good old fashioned depth charge practice

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join