It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican president warns trump , do not go after the drug cartels

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

All accurate.

I am guessing, if it goes forward - I doubt it, negotiations will happen. I do not see an "invasion". Probably with a simultaneous crack down on drug operations on the US side. US "assistance" to the Mexican military and law enforcement agencies.

My rant was aimed more at those who complained for years until it was addressed by the Bad Man.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
a reply to: Raggedyman

All accurate.

I am guessing, if it goes forward - I doubt it, negotiations will happen. I do not see an "invasion". Probably with a simultaneous crack down on drug operations on the US side. US "assistance" to the Mexican military and law enforcement agencies.

My rant was aimed more at those who complained for years until it was addressed by the Bad Man.

Well I hope that is what happens but

It won’t work, to many people in the US will pay more for drugs

Supply and demand, capitalism

Your complaint in my opinion is valid, though Trump as Imsee it, should have been a little more diplomatic

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: Raggedyman
The US are buying the drugs?
Mexico is a sovereign nation?
Kurds were left to themselves?

Send in the troops?

The cartels must be stopped, the wall must go on
But

Seems like a little bit of negotiation between the Mexican government and the US government needs to be introduced
Trump should have spoken with Mexico, a plan, an alliance before he opened his rathe large bag of opinion.

I like Trump a little bit but that was dumb

Three American women murdered...
Six American children murdered

I live on the far side of the world

Three women, six children?
Have you not read the history of the cartels

Do you really think that is the biggest crime, three women and six children
As I understand from watching tv, the US is at war and people are dying every day in the US because of the cartels

Now read and comprehend, I didn’t say don’t do anything, I said negotiate with Mexico so it doesn’t look like an invasion

Three women, six children, drugs probably kill thousands daily on your own soil never mind people going into cartel land in Mexico and picking a fight

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The estimated death toll from the Cartels in Mexico last year was 30,000.

The cartels also have people operating in the US. I don't know how many have been killed by them but I am sure it isn't a small number.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Because supply and demand are the colour of the day.

The alphabet agencies and drug cartels are two sides of the same coin.

Screwing with those peoples bread and butter is apt to get you assassinated.

Just ask both Kennedys.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
60 seconds after Trump made his announcement there was a phone call to the Mexican president saying he better not let that happen...or else!

F# these cartels!! I say we go in there and surgically hit these buttwipes where it hurts, right in their growing fields. And hit 'em HARD! Take as many of these douchebuckets with them as they can! Let 'em start killing the crooked politicians, good riddance for them too!

ETA - No need to send in the Army, screw that! No police action...just KILL 'em all! I'm tired of this crap!
edit on 11/30/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Why would he be against the u.s. dealing with drug cartels if the Mexican government shows no competency in doing so?

Maybe because the US has shown no competency it can handle the other groups they have labeled terrorists despite destroying cities and crippling countries in an effort to do so.
Maybe because he has lived in a violent place long enough to understand violence only leads to more violence.
Maybe because anyone that has done their research knows the US and its agencies are profiting from drugs and gun deals with cartels, while at the same time crying foul and messing in Mexican politics.
Maybe because he has seen what happens to the people and places when the hornets nest is kicked by the US eg. Allende massacre.
edit on 30-11-2019 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

Americans should have some shame and stop trying to pretend they are victims or they did not create the problem

Great point we created the problem so it's our responsibility to
cull the problem.

Carpet bomb em.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The Mexican government has reviewed what happens when America goes to a country to fix it.

Not a pretty sight.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Something tells me he is getting a large brown envelope from the cartels or they have something on him for blackmail , Mexico is a hell-hole because of the cartels

Yes, and that is the result of a century of covert US participation in the black market. The CIA has been in the drug business since it started. Most Mexican presidents have played along. Everybody gets rich. Trump knows that.

His recent talk is just for theater, for those who believe what politicians say.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What if Trump was to send all the Democrats in the House and Senate on a Seek and Destroy mission against the cartels. No matter what happens it will work out for the best...

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
Thats weird, when I read the article it just stated that Trump wants to designate drugdealers as terrorists and invade Mexico with us armed forces.

Same thing right, totally legit. That Mexican president must be part of the cartel if he doesnt want the us armies help.
That's totally not like the rest of the world determining the US 2nd admendment is enabeling terrorists and we'll come take them for you. Oh snap!

Here's my take on this. I don't think the Mexican President is on the cartels payroll, but I think he fears what will happen. If people think it's bloody now between the uncorrupted police and the cartels, once actual war breaks out between them and the US things will get real messy.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

They'd bus them all back to protest outside the doors at Trumps senate trial.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am a harsh Trump critic, but this pisses me off and I am guessing it does the same to him.

I trust that our President will do the right thing here. The drug cartels that have essentially militarized themselves and pose a threat to us in a multiple of ways.

The cartels lost a lot of money when we legalizing cannabis.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Dark Alliance by Gary Webb.
Kill the Messenger by Nick Schou.

Everything else concerning this
subject is smoke & mirrors.
edit on 11/30/2019 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I think because what happens in Mexico is none of our business.

Do we want to encourage another countries leader to come here and try running things?

Just what does trump think he can do anyway?

Phahahahahahaha!!

I almost didn't know what to say... just wanted to laugh at that statement.

Do we want to encourage another countries leader? Why not? We let their people do exactly that! ...and you're ok with that. Why not the other way around??

I have a few ideas of what Trump can do.... How about go to war with terrorist in Mexico like we do with terrorist in other countries. What's Mexico gonna do? Invade our borders? Ship drugs across the border? Let gangs loose in our country to bring up the murder and crime rate?

You're so Fun -E !!!

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The Mexican government has reviewed what happens when America goes to a country to fix it.

Not a pretty sight.

I don't recall too much of a problem the last time we bombed a few cartels back in the day. What's different now? We're the same USA. We know exactly where the strongholds are. No problem.

Maybe you guys are sympathetic to the 'innocent workers'.

Not my problem... They're part of the problem. Take them out too. Maybe those poor workers wont be so quick to take the job next time. Maybe the cartel will have to kill them a little more to make them work next time.

You're not sympathetic to the 'addicts', the heroin addicts, the meth addicts, the coke addicts here in our own country that so desperately need a savior in their own struggle... But screw those people... right? You're worried about the people who are working for the cartel to make those drugs. They're innocent. It's not like they're forcing anyone to take those drugs. Right?

Kill them all!

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
going after the Mexican Cartels means going after almost the entire Mexican Government and half of our own.

Don't be so naive.

Drug Cartels having been funding their politicians and ours for a very very long time.

Why do you think there is this fight going on for open or closed borders?

Closing the borders means a lot less money for the American and Mexican law enforcement.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

The US are buying the drugs?
Mexico is a sovereign nation?
Kurds were left to themselves?

Send in the troops?

The cartels must be stopped, the wall must go on
But

Seems like a little bit of negotiation between the Mexican government and the US government needs to be introduced
Trump should have spoken with Mexico, a plan, an alliance before he opened his rathe large bag of opinion.

I like Trump a little bit but that was dumb

Three American women murdered...
Six American children murdered

I live on the far side of the world

Three women, six children?
Have you not read the history of the cartels

Do you really think that is the biggest crime, three women and six children
As I understand from watching tv, the US is at war and people are dying every day in the US because of the cartels

Now read and comprehend, I didn’t say don’t do anything, I said negotiate with Mexico so it doesn’t look like an invasion

Three women, six children, drugs probably kill thousands daily on your own soil never mind people going into cartel land in Mexico and picking a fight

Those women and children didn't choose to use drugs and risk death. Living in a Mormon village in Mexico was their only mistake. It shows the cartels are afraid of no one and even more so now that nothing is being done by the US to avenge deaths of innocent Americans.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

I think EL Chapo stated that he head bribed one of the Mexicans to the tune of a 100 million dollars during his trial in the states recently , so they are all corrupt

www.reddit.com... ent=PSR3

And they freed his son after a gun battle that many died in !!!
edit on 30/11/2019 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join