It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican president warns trump , do not go after the drug cartels

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   
wap.business-standard.com...

Trump said he wants to wipe these drug dealers and murderers off the planet.

The new Mexican president says not so fast?

Why would he be against the u.s. dealing with drug cartels if the Mexican government shows no competency in doing so?

And is the reason legitimate.....?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

If the cartels are wiped out then the majority of law makers are also gone. I can see how that could cause problems.
This needs more planning and less red tape. Mexico should prepare for this before we go in.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Thats weird, when I read the article it just stated that Trump wants to designate drugdealers as terrorists and invade Mexico with us armed forces.

Same thing right, totally legit. That Mexican president must be part of the cartel if he doesnt want the us armies help.
That's totally not like the rest of the world determining the US 2nd admendment is enabeling terrorists and we'll come take them for you. Oh snap!

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
Thats weird, when I read the article it just stated that Trump wants to designate drugdealers as terrorists and invade Mexico with us armed forces.

Same thing right, totally legit. That Mexican president must be part of the cartel if he doesnt want the us armies help.
That's totally not like the rest of the world determining the US 2nd admendment is enabeling terrorists and we'll come take them for you. Oh snap!

It's a fair question - how deep is the cartel in government? The cartels have been around a long time and there's been a lot of media attention but Mexican authorities seem to ignore them. Who knows how many government family members will be killed if they agree to US help.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Something tells me he is getting a large brown envelope from the cartels or they have something on him for blackmail , Mexico is a hell-hole because of the cartels

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The cartels give the politicians and the various police two options. Take the bribe or take the lead. It is a saying. Plata o plomo is a Colombian Spanish slang phrase that translates to “silver or lead.” A person saying the phrase is telling the listener to either accept a bribe (plata, meaning “silver,” a common slang term for money in Colombia) or lose their life (plomo, a metonym for “lead bullet”).

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
wap.business-standard.com...

Trump said he wants to wipe these drug dealers and murderers off the planet.

The new Mexican president says not so fast?

Why would he be against the u.s. dealing with drug cartels if the Mexican government shows no competency in doing so?

And is the reason legitimate.....?

Oh please, he never said that, he doesn’t want an invasion by us army, that’s what he said. You all should be ashamed for trying to lie like that

Even the dumb article says so

We are not going to allow that armed people act in our territory. Armed foreigners cannot intervene in our territory. We will not allow that," Lopez Obrador said.

Say he doesn’t want the us to use the cartels as an excuse to invade Mexico is not same as saying he doesn’t want the army to go against cartels

And the us is the one who keeps the cartels and drugs going lmao

Americans should have some shame and stop trying to pretend they are victims or they did not create the problem

edit on 30-11-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I think because what happens in Mexico is none of our business.

Do we want to encourage another countries leader to come here and try running things?

Just what does trump think he can do anyway?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

We are NOT going in. Please, that is never going to happen.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
There is something wrong with the Mexican government especially the president. The Mexican people have been criticizing him for being soft on the cartel's something like he offers them hugs. I think he is either on the take or under threat. FFS the cartels have been hunting down and murdering the police that dare stand against them. For a while, the citizens were standing up to the cartels and eradicating them up until the military was ordered in which did more to protect the cartels than the citizens.

I say designate them as terrorists then make up a deck of playing cards with adequate awards dead or alive.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
“ Silver or lead “

Sounds like Obrador took the silver like most politicians in Mexico .

If you stand up against the cartels you can rest assure they will give you the lead .

There’s not many patriots like Luis Colosio's around for that reason .

edit on 30-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
A real life mexican standoff.

Whodda thunk it.

+29 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

What's going on in Mexico is very much our business.

Gangs,drugs,human trafficking,illegal immigration, and the violation of American soverignty.

The Orange guy is right on this.

His haters wrong as usual.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Keep building the wall

Keep building the wall

Keep building the wall

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Do we want to encourage another countries leader to come here and try running things?

Just what does trump think he can do anyway?

And yet, a bunch of selfish idiots in the USA that keep buying drugs from violent cartels to give them power.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Perhaps because the Cartels are well supported , well armed and well capable of causing real damage to his already fragile country.
Who in their right mind wouldn't be against it , Team America don't have a very good track record of solving problems with guns and bombs.

It's a tough nut but a hammer probably isn't the best way crack it , the solution has to be internal not external.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Can you really blame him for not wanting the US military in his country? Just look at all the other recent examples of countries we've sent troops to "help."

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
How many people complained over the years that we fight wars all over the world all the while we have threats on our doorstep we ignore.

Well? Here we are. Moves to reduce our presence overseas (albeit not large enough IMHO) and statements pointing to addressing the threats on our doorstep. What do we get?

'Horrors! Pulling out of Syria is un-American. Leave the drug cartels alone.'

I simply do not get it. Is the Orange Man really that bad we are going to abandon all logic?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The US are buying the drugs?
Mexico is a sovereign nation?
Kurds were left to themselves?

Send in the troops?

The cartels must be stopped, the wall must go on
But

Seems like a little bit of negotiation between the Mexican government and the US government needs to be introduced
Trump should have spoken with Mexico, a plan, an alliance before he opened his rathe large bag of opinion.

I like Trump a little bit but that was dumb

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
The US are buying the drugs?
Mexico is a sovereign nation?
Kurds were left to themselves?

Send in the troops?

The cartels must be stopped, the wall must go on
But

Seems like a little bit of negotiation between the Mexican government and the US government needs to be introduced
Trump should have spoken with Mexico, a plan, an alliance before he opened his rathe large bag of opinion.

I like Trump a little bit but that was dumb

Three American women murdered...
Six American children murdered...

Think about that for a moment. What if these 9 people were your relatives? That's enough for me to know the cartels have no fear and are out of control and it's going to take a lot more than a bit of negotiation. Mexico can't control this on their own.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join