It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats Might Vote to Impeach Trump - But Not Seek a Senate Trial.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
November 30, 2019

Prior to leaving Washington for 11 days of Thanksgiving vacation, Congressional Democrats were looking for ways to Impeach President Trump in the Democrat-controlled U.S. House, but avoid a Republican-controlled U.S. Senate Impeachment Trial.

Here is a strategy under consideration:

The House theoretically could pass articles of impeachment, but delay a vote to send them to the Senate for consideration -- perhaps to delay handing Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., control over the proceedings.
See Paragraph 9 at: www.foxnews.com...

This strategy would allow Democrats all over the country to campaign against the, "destruction and shame brought upon America by our now Impeached and disgraced President, Donald Trump."

And it would avoid having Whistleblower (Eric Ciaramella), Rep. Adam Schiff, and Lt.Colonel Alexander Vindman testifying before the Senate, and having their (alleged) scam that started the impeachment proceedings, being exposed.

The Senate-avoidance strategy would also prevent former V.P./Presidential Candidate Joe Biden, and his son Hunter Biden, from being subpoenaed to testify about their potential Quid-Quo-Pros, abuse of power, and corruption with Ukraine, China, Romania.

Should the U.S. House vote to Impeach President Trump, like it did to Impeach President Clinton in 1998, but this time delay passing the Impeachment Articles over for a Senate Trial, until after the November 2020 elections, or even forever? Wouldn't this be better for Democrats, than potentially having so much "dirt" exposed in a Senate Trial?

EDIT TO ADD... The above post might be moot, because House leaders are reportedly now looking for a way to exit out of Impeachment, and save face. Polls are increasingly going against Impeaching President Trump, and Congressional Democrats are "getting an ear full" from constituents back home during this Thanksgiving break.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

-CareWeMust

edit on 11/30/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If these "people" continue this garbage long enough, they're going to eventually find out about justice and the American way. People are fed up with this garbage.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I've seen enough, after the Schiff show.

The Democrats have already "jumped the shark"...

It's like disco... just let it die.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It doesn't matter ....the normals have the big picture of Trump...let him do his thing, we have bigger things to worry about

Trump was going to reverse that trading and banking law...Dodd Frank...idk...he was going to get the clintons small c.....and do the indictments list....

We can tell hes just a shill for the same old same old. next up....end of the Epoch, 2020 elections....sure ....go for it....here comes Gog Magog...prolly in March....then by Sept 28 2020....a catching up for America and other countries around the globe....a Biblical rapture scenario. That close to us now. so, Trump....kicks azz for a leader, he does good business logic with the global community, tried to in China but.....North Korea but....no real action on the clintons just says it all.

Im not giving up on Trump....Im giving up on there being any time left to even worry about it....next up, Obama as head of the U N....

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

"Just let it die" is the sentiment behind the White House (so far) refusing to legitimize the House Impeachment circus. I hope they continue by NOT sending someone to "defend the President" at Nadler's Judicial kangaroo playpen next week.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I hear ya. Trump tries to keep the promises regarding things that make our lives better.

But (so far) fails BIGLY on promises that would "bring justice" to the high-level traitors within our government.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
People are fed up with this garbage.

People are too stupid to realize what's happening is beyond any checks and balances to date.

Watergate, Louisiana purchase, what's an Indian...

Piece of land in nevada? They use to claim half the west!

Small pox says differently? Really? Why cant we biologically run dip#s out of gaza?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Please note that according to both the linked news articles, these are coming entirely from the GOP and are speculative. It is Fox doing their 'not actually real news' things again.

Also, why would possible corruption investigation of the Bidens have any bearing upon Trump's impeachment? Do you think that they will let Trump off because someone else did something bad, too? Childish.

While there may be some PR advantage in saying that Trump has been impeached. No-one would hold it as credible if he hadn't actually been impeached (which requires a vote in both houses). More childishness.

Come on guys, lift your game.

edit on 30/11/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

"Just let it die" is the sentiment behind the White House (so far) refusing to legitimize the House Impeachment circus. I hope they continue by NOT sending someone to "defend the President" at Nadler's Judicial kangaroo playpen next week.

My reading of the Constitution is that the White House does not legitimatize impeachment.

It is the House and then the Senate who do so.

edit on 30/11/2019 by chr0naut because: Cosntitution? LOL, spelling.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why send another clown, into an overcrowded big-top?

Nadler will huff and puff... The Partisan media will carry the banner... in the end? The Bidens are in trouble... the dominoes will fall with Joe. It will be ugly.

That's how I see it playing out.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Do you think that they will let Trump off because someone else did something bad, too? Childish.

No, they'll let him off because there is no justification for doing it and they've been exposed as frauds and liars. I think the whole DNC narrative has been childish sour grapes since he won the election. I think the left needs to elevate their game before it's too late, but since we know they can't just go about the business of passing helpful legislation for the people I suppose it's going to be more of the same.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: chr0naut

Do you think that they will let Trump off because someone else did something bad, too? Childish.

No, they'll let him off because there is no justification for doing it and they've been exposed as frauds and liars. I think the whole DNC narrative has been childish sour grapes since he won the election. I think the left needs to elevate their game before it's too late, but since we know they can't just go about the business of passing helpful legislation for the people I suppose it's going to be more of the same.

That's the thing, Trump pointing out that Biden sought quid pro quo, doing the same thing with the Ukrainian leader, equates Trump's actions with Biden's actions. It is an admission that Trump understood there was quid pro quo expected in his words and actions. The big joke is that it doesn't exonerate Trump anyway, that someone else did something wrong.

Trump has really got to stop his addiction to social media. He has revealed national secrets and implicated himself, repeatedly. He needs to put a filter up between what occurs to him in the moment and the rest of the planet. He can't do that if he just broadcasts everything all the time. He has a press department and advisers to filter and shape pronouncements.

Also, can you cite for me the sources where 'they' have been exposed as frauds and liars, because I can do so in the case of Trump, and he wins, Trump trumps there.

edit on 30/11/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The craziest thing is how it was oh so wrong for our intelligence agencies to discretely investigate the trump campaign when they saw all these Russians interacting with them and all the people connected to russia. Dnc hack, Wikileaks, trump tower meeting, manifort, and on and on.
But perfectly acceptable to them for trump to try to coerce ukraine to get them to publicly announce an investigation into biden..

Okay, just remember, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Just wait till theres a dem in the office again and your state has a hurricane come through and you find out that fema ain't showing up till the pres gets whatever political favors they want.....

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Criticism over DJT's "Hoovering" parallels the Watergate meme, same people salute.
Smallpox was eradicated in 1980 but there are still samples in Russian labs.
Rudy Giuliani was our World trade center attack hero Mayor for New York city.
All the research concerning vacancy rates that went into the meme in the late 50's and early 60's is certainly no longer *directly* relevant after Lehman brothers.
Maybe there are longer choreographed meme cycles than the 30 to 70 year range we usually consider?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
They are going for impeachment.

And Nadler just pull Russia out of his #.

Insane in the membrane

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

You don't know who the whistleblower is. You just think its that person.

The country is already aware of what trump has done.

Judicial hearings start next weds so I think that tid bit about backing out of impeachment is a crock.
Hey you know trump has been invited to the party. Will he show?

Pssst....There is nothing to the Biden story but bloviated stuffing. It is never going to amount to anything.
And if that is what he is hanging his defense on then he should say goodbye now.

edit on 11302019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Some are bored.
The only ones who are fed up are the trump base.

Many are very interested.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Trends are showing that most Americans are in favor of Trump impeachment and that number has fluctuated over time, but has trended toward an increased number of folks “in favor.“.

Do Americans Support Impeaching President Trump - Five Thirty Eight Aggregation

The impeachment to date as conducted by the House Democrats has been totally invalidated by Pelosi’s foolish comments regarding the need for impeachment because Americans are too stupid to vote.

While there is and has been plenty to impeach Trump on, the Dems, as usual, have bungled the whole thing.

Censure the President, find some issues to run on that bring in more Independents, and they might have a chance.

The problem is they still don’t have a really viable candidate. Biden was closest in my estimation, but, he seems to be fading fast.

If Bloomberg can grow a personality in time, he might be viable.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

EDIT TO ADD... The above post might be moot, because House leaders are reportedly now looking for a way to exit out of Impeachment, and save face. Polls are increasingly going against Impeaching President Trump, and Congressional Democrats are "getting an ear full" from constituents back home during this Thanksgiving break.
Source: www.foxnews.com..

Good find.

We sent you to Washington,” a woman began, “to get work done, for us and for our country, and it appears that for the last couple years all that has been going on is investigations.” Sitting in the front, I could almost feel people’s shoulders tense up. Everybody knew what was coming. The towheaded scouts had filed to the back. The adults had the floor now. And impeachment was in the air. “We honestly,” the woman continued, “can’t trust Adam Schiff…”

From your link

Can't trust Schiff!!!!!

Absolutley,Positively.

PRICELESS!

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Oh my all that wisdom in one post!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join