It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Watched A Documentary On Guardianship That Made My Blood Boil!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I admit, I'm 58 years old and never heard of this before.

I was going to post this thread in either the Rant, or Movies forum, but I decided that this is very much a Social Issue. Plus, I didn't locate any past thread dealing with "guardianship" using the ATS search bar.

I just finished watching something on Amazon Prime that was very emotional and angered me to the core. Even though the documentary was filmed in Clark County, Nevada, the subject matter occurs throughout the country.

The documentary is called "The Guardians," and it was on the subject of guardianship, which is just a fancy term for legally kidnapping a senior citizen from their home and stealing all their assets. I watched and listened in disbelief as family members described how their parents were taken from their homes against their will, strapped on gurneys, and then drugged and placed into mental wings of hospitals, or other types of facilities.

The shell shocked families then go to court, where they find out there is no way for them to gain custody of their loved one, or for that matter, recover the lost assets. There's no accountability and this is all being carried out by corrupt local attorneys, government officials, and private entities.

Has anyone on ATS been through this emotional roller coaster?

My mind is blown...OMG, I can't believe that this sort of thing can actually happen in our country.

THE GUARDIANS is a revealing investigative documentary set in Las Vegas that exposes allegations of corruption within the Nevada Guardianship and Family Court system. The film shines a light on a lucrative business that drains seniors’ life-savings. Victims and their families are caught in a scheme that has allowed corrupt court-appointed guardians to take total control over individuals’ healthcare and financial decisions.

The Guardians reveals many other stories of widespread abuse happening within the court-appointed guardianship system in Nevada which has enabled those with ulterior motives to nefariously gain control over the lives and estates of some of society’s most vulnerable people. Shot over the course of three years, the film investigates allegations of corruption within the Nevada Guardianship and Family Court System and reveals a cautionary tale that transcends time and place.

www.cbc.ca...

This is a must watch documentary on Amazon Prime. Every review on Amazon is a 5 out of 5...you'll see why.

I just located some information on the people who were eventually charged with multiple felonies for guardianship abuse, which was featured in the documentary:

$8.5 million dollars. It’s a figure almost impossible to fathom for 81-year-old Rudy North.

“And it’s time,” North said. “It’s taken over four years.”

The autumn 2013 day that April Parks came to take guardianship over Rudy and his wife, Rennie, is a day they’ll never forget.

“We were kidnapped from our house,” Rudy said.

After Contact 13 exposed allegations of fraud against Parks and her company, A Private, Professional Guardian, the court took her off the case.

But in the time Parks controlled every aspect of the Norths’ lives, they lost their home, their car, their life savings and their dignity.

“Our souls were scarred,” is the only way Rudy can describe it.

April Parks is behind bars, awaiting trial on dozens of felony charges for theft, racketeering, perjury and exploitation of older and vulnerable persons.

aaapg.net...
edit on 11/30/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I live in Vegas.. There are no bounds to the amount if corruption in this town. Probably the greatest concentration of senior living and rehab facilities in the country.. Which will lend itself to the ops story. Its an obvious attempt to confiscate assets imo.a reply to: shawmanfromny

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I would be livid! These are sorry excuses for human beings who would do such a thing. This corruption on every level all throughout the US and elsewhere has to stop! GRRRRRRRR!

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I would be in prison for a very, very long time if someone did this to my family.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Call the FBI and let them investigate. These corrupt officials will meet their deserved end.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

This occurs in my country too, the big land to the south. It just goes to show how universally these kinds of things are applied. It is all about asset and income stripping. i just wonder if the purpose is to recover pension and perhaps unemployment payments made in the past.

its a form of looting helpless peoples assets by the state. (how low can they go) However the lesson here is to appoint a Guardian and someone with the power of attorney, while you are still young and healthy because once you are declared incapable of making a legal derision your kids and surviving partner will end up on the street.

Under our laws you can rescind the appointment of these officers but only if a doctor states that you are mentally and intellectually competent to do so.

Many of us don't have anyone we can trust or sufficiently trust but if we do nothing we are guaranteed to end up a in a sh*thole care facility if we don't appoint some to these roles.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
There are about 10 threads or more on this. I searched 1 word here at ATS, and questioned Google/(slash)/Guardianship/ATS...old threads are there.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

These people can be taken out.

First time I've heard thank you so much for posting.

edit on 30-11-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Excuse me, but I just typed in "guardianship" in the ATS search bar and the ONLY thread I found on the first two pages was mine.

At 2 in the morning, I also typed in the documentary title (which this thread is also on), and didn't find anything.

If you're looking for recognition for being such a sourpuss, then I hereby award you that.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

then please cite the most recent 3

and make sure they address the issue od predatory // illegal gauardianship orders

not just have the word " somewhere " in thread

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Thanks for the tip. I'm dealing with a situation like this and I live in Vegas so hearing about this doc I was a little scared.

I don't have Prime but my Sis does so she watched most of this and it seems they are targeting the wealthy. That takes us out of the target area.

She's normally a skeptic about anything out of the norm but she had heard of the local officials involved over the years as she is one of a very few these days who has the newspaper delivered to her door. This was one of the times where she actually listened to me and my crazy conspiracy theories.

Luckily this wont affect me but damned if this isn't some crazy spit.

new topics

top topics

join