It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible contradictions & a Mystery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Exodus 20:5
for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father

If you take the Exodus quote in it's entirety, that pretty well clarifies things...

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them [other gods]: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;"

God is stronger than Karma. If you are a child of God, then you get mercy. Otherwise, you are susceptible and bound by the laws of the physical world....which includes the punishment of subsequent generations...it's not God's will...it's what' happens when you are outside God's will.

The second verse also confirms this concept...

"The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."

There's a difference between the way God hands out justice to the wicked and gives mercy to the righteous.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Acts 1:18
(With the reward he got for his wickedness, Judas bought a field; there he fell headlong, his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out.

Matthew 27:5
So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

This one is slightly more complicated and a little hard to nail down...but I have a theory...

First of all, this is an important part fo the puzzle...read these three verses...

27:5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
27:6 And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.
27:7 And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.

Since they put dead people in the field, they would've likely thrown Judas's body there...that is why he fell head first and blew up on impact...

Since the chief priests used Judas's money to buy the field, technically Judas owned the field even though he was already dead when the purchase occured.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There is a theory that the Bible contains a book within the books. It is spread out through the entire Bible and you need to know which verse from which book to read in sequence. I dont know enough about this yet, but it could explain why there are various passages depicting the same event in different perspective throughout.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

either way a god would have no problem getting rid of them, dont ya think?

I don't think its a 'mystery' tho. Its only a mystery if one were to maintain that god suited up for battle and was in the front lines with the yehudis, or even that he 'magically' was helping them in the battle. I think that most would agree that 'god was with them' is the typical sort of 'god's on our side, the enemies the devil himself' type talk.

however this does bring up an interesting point, which I assume is the one you originally intended to make. The bible clearly says that god was with them. And God was working for them. But he couldn't defeat the enemy, because they had weapons made out of metal. Thats, I mean, thats freakin' stupid! What, god was like 'oh, I'll smite those bastards...oh crap, they have....metal! Oh my look at the time, gotta go and uhm, make a planet or something!'. So if the bible is inerrant and god was really with them (in person or at a distance), they can't possibly be defeated.

geneticus
Why are you assuming that God wanted to get rid of the iron-charriot folks...maybe that was the plan to begin with...

Since god was with them and they were at war....
indeed, as LV points out, god didn't choose to not drive them out, he didn't change his mind, he drove out some of them "but could not" drive out the others, because they had strong chariots.

It may have been that the Iron Charriots served some purpose on earth, and that is why God wanted them

Thats rather silly, don't you think? If god wanted the chariots, he'd take them. He declared war on these people, he drove out most of them, but, try as he might, he could not drive out the strongest of them. Its rather silly to pretend that he had some other plan.

and Judah could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley...

Yes, judah, with god on his side, couldn't do it. I don't think anyone would pretend that judah is stronger than god, so its up to god for it to happen. He couldn't do it, according plainly to the text.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Here's a bunch more for you:

EX 12:13 The Israelites have to mark their houses with blood in order for God to see which houses they occupy and "pass over" them.
PR 15:3, JE 16:17, 23:24-25, HE 4:13 God is everywhere. He sees everything. Nothing is hidden from God.

GE 1:24-27 Animals were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before animals were created.

GE 1:31 God was pleased with his creation.
GE 6:5-6 God was not pleased with his creation.
(Note: That God should be displeased is inconsistent with the concept of omniscience.)

GE 19:30-38 While he is drunk, Lot's two daughters "lie with him," become pregnant, and give birth to his offspring.
2PE 2:7 Lot was "just" and "righteous."

GE 22:1-12, DT 8:2 God tempts (tests) Abraham and Moses.
JG 2:22 God himself says that he does test (tempt).
1CO 10:13 Paul says that God controls the extent of our temptations.
JA 1:13 God tests (tempts) no one.

EX 3:20-22, DT 20:13-17 God instructs the Israelites to despoil the Egyptians, to plunder their enemies.
EX 20:15, 17, LE 19:13 God prohibits stealing, defrauding, or robbing a neighbor.

EX 20:8-11, 31:15-17, 35:1-3 No work is to be done on the Sabbath, not even lighting a fire. The commandment is permanent, and death is required for infractions.
MK 2:27-28 Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath (after his disciples were criticized for breaking the Sabbath).
RO 14:5, CN 2:14-16 Paul says the Sabbath commandment was temporary, and to decide for yourself regarding its observance.

EX 34:6, DT 7:9-10, TS 1:2 God is faithful and truthful. He does not lie.
NU 14:30 God breaks his promise.

1KI 22:21-23 God condones a spirit of deception.

2TH 2:11-12 God deludes people, making them believe what is false, so as to be able to condemn them. (Note: some versions use the word persuade here. The context makes clear, however, that deception is involved.)

EX 34:6-7, JS 24:19, 1CH 16:34 God is faithful, holy and good.
IS 45:6-7, LA 3:8, AM 3:6 God is responsible for evil.

MT 4:5-8 The Devil took Jesus to the pinnacle of the temple, then to the mountain top.
LK 4:5-9 First to the mountain top, then to the pinnacle of the temple.
the above contradiction does indeed show that they get confused, as it is written my fellable men with faults, and forgetfulness

MT 5:22 Anyone who calls another a fool is liable to Hell.
MT 7:26 Jesus says that anyone who hears his words and does not do them is a fool. (Note: The translation now prevalent, "like a foolish man," in MT 7:26 is a dishonest attempt to alleviate the obvious inconsistency here in that the oldest Greek manuscripts use the same Greek word translated "fool" in MT 5:22 and "like a foolish man" in MT 7:26.)
MT 23:17-19 Jesus twice calls the Pharisees blind fools.
MT 25:2, 3, 8 Jesus likens the maidens who took no oil to fools. (Note: Again, this is the same Greek word translated "fool" in MT 5:22 and MT 23:17-19.)
1CO 1:23, 3:18, 4:10 Paul uses fool with regard to Christians becoming fools for Christ. (Note: Again, this is the same Greek word translated "fool" in MT 5:22 and MT 23:17-19.)

This list could go on for pages...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This is all exactly why the Apocryphon of John sounds very plausable...

www.gnosis.org\naghamm\apocjn.html

I've gone into detail concerning the apocryphon in numerous other threads... if you want to read it you should be able to find it.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
LadyV,

Good post.

These two topics you hit on here are in my opinion, the most important two topics of the bible. It is puzzling to me why no-one else has addressed the serious problems your two issues bring up. I understand a christian would not, but there are others who veiwed and responded to this thread.

I know I am going to be attacked because of what I am about to say. I will then defend myself accordingly with an equal amount of passion. Then I will get in trouble for speaking my mind (the truth).

Two fundamental principals of christianity are as follows:

1) God is all powerful.
2) Jesus died on the cross to save us from original sin that we carry from generations ago, I.E. adam and eve.

Would you not agree that those two issues may be the most significant in the christian faith, especially the purpose of Jesus? I would.

These are fundamental, yet the bible can't even be specific on these. God is all powerful in the christianity. It is a steadfast belief of all who call themselves christians. Yet God COULD NOT cast out those chariots of iron. Everyone in here is debating on what those chariots could be. Whether they are symbolic, or literal. Those debates are meaningless, because whatever it is referring to, GO CANNOT DO IT. That can only mean one thing fundamentally. God is not all powerful, god cannot do everything and anything as is believed. At least according to the bible.

Those words are clear and simple to understand. There is no room for debate, yet I will be attacked for that obvious statement.

Another, even more significant problem in the bible. Carried sin from adam and eve. There are numerous verses of the bible stating, THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SINS OF THOSE THAT PRECEED US. I grant you that there are verses that say that we are. That is only a contradiction. A contradiction regarding the single most important principal of christianity. The bible doesnt even get that right. That is freeking significant.

Yet again, I will be attacked for bringing these obvious problems up. People will criticise me for these errors, rather than criticising themselves for not questioning the fact that they exist.

Again, I am glad you brought these issues up LadyV, even if this wasnt the intended outcome.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
LadyV, you can't just pick any random two quotes out of a hat that seem to contradict. You entirely lose the true context in doing so.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
LadyV,

Good post.

These two topics you hit on here are in my opinion, the most important two topics of the bible. It is puzzling to me why no-one else has addressed the serious problems your two issues bring up. I understand a christian would not, but there are others who veiwed and responded to this thread.

I know I am going to be attacked because of what I am about to say. I will then defend myself accordingly with an equal amount of passion. Then I will get in trouble for speaking my mind (the truth).

Two fundamental principals of christianity are as follows:

1) God is all powerful.
2) Jesus died on the cross to save us from original sin that we carry from generations ago, I.E. adam and eve.

Would you not agree that those two issues may be the most significant in the christian faith, especially the purpose of Jesus? I would.

These are fundamental, yet the bible can't even be specific on these. God is all powerful in the christianity. It is a steadfast belief of all who call themselves christians. Yet God COULD NOT cast out those chariots of iron. Everyone in here is debating on what those chariots could be. Whether they are symbolic, or literal. Those debates are meaningless, because whatever it is referring to, GO CANNOT DO IT. That can only mean one thing fundamentally. God is not all powerful, god cannot do everything and anything as is believed. At least according to the bible.

Those words are clear and simple to understand. There is no room for debate, yet I will be attacked for that obvious statement.

Another, even more significant problem in the bible. Carried sin from adam and eve. There are numerous verses of the bible stating, THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SINS OF THOSE THAT PRECEED US. I grant you that there are verses that say that we are. That is only a contradiction. A contradiction regarding the single most important principal of christianity. The bible doesnt even get that right. That is freeking significant.

Yet again, I will be attacked for bringing these obvious problems up. People will criticise me for these errors, rather than criticising themselves for not questioning the fact that they exist.

Again, I am glad you brought these issues up LadyV, even if this wasnt the intended outcome.

Book it, put in a vault. Christianity is on the brink of implosion. You've done it, sir.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The sad part about all of these threads disigned to trash God is...
Those who author them have very little, to no bible knowledge at all.
They merely cruise the web, and find a page that claims there are contradictions...and then...without actually investigating it for themselves...they come here and make a thread... which is answered already on a thousand web pages and in the bible.

If you have a conspiracy, post it. If you want to bash the bible...then send a U2U to others of like mind. Want to learn about the bible, goto a bible site.
In all cases, please spare us

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

If you have a conspiracy, post it. If you want to bash the bible...then send a U2U to others of like mind. Want to learn about the bible, goto a bible site.
In all cases, please spare us

If the mods or admins tell us to do it this way...then by all means we will, until then, there are no regulations stating such communications work this way...

EDIT since you have all the answers to this...why don't you tell us?

[edit on 3/8/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ok.
But no need to retype it here.
You can view it at This place

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Ok.
But no need to retype it here.

That just properties to google...

EDIT...I click on nothing without first scrolling to see where it goes or doing a properties on it...

[edit on 3/8/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well,

As you said, I have done it. I would argue that "it has been done" a million times before. It isn't my fault that some people are too ignorant and illiterate to see it.

So jake, tell me, why did you attack the author of this thread when it is me you want to attack? This thread asked questions, legitimate ones at that. I am the one who took it to a level that you are unable to comprehend due to your voluntary selection of knowledge, which resulted in your criticism.

You stated, that most of us are internet cruisers who know nothing of the bible. I am going to assume that you were not referring to me. I know much of the bible, and I would argue, that I know more than you. If I don't then it is close. However, your standards dictate that we must..."interpret the bible exactly as you do" to know it. My, My, conceited are we?

The bible says that God COULD NOT. It says that sins ARE NOT PUNISHABLE TO FUTURE GENERATIONS. You can "interpret" these passages all you want. By doing that, you are only generating your personal opinion. You are ignoring what is said. Selective knowledge at its finest. Good thing most people do not think on the level as you.

Tell me, since you are trying to establish my "ignorance" of the bible. If the bible does not say, "God could not cast the chariots of iron out of the valley", what does it say? If it does not say sins are not punishable from generation to generation, what does it say?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
EX 12:13 The Israelites have to mark their houses with blood in order for God to see which houses they occupy and "pass over" them.
PR 15:3, JE 16:17, 23:24-25, HE 4:13 God is everywhere. He sees everything. Nothing is hidden from God.

You are reaching...God puts traditions in place to get our attention...not because they are required for Him to carry out His will...bad logic...

GE 1:24-27 Animals were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before animals were created.

GE 2:5 confirms that the animals were made before Man...the other two verses do not say anything about the order.

GE 1:31 God was pleased with his creation.
GE 6:5-6 God was not pleased with his creation.
(Note: That God should be displeased is inconsistent with the concept of omniscience.)

Omniscience means knowing everything...has nothing to do with emotions. Humans use their freewill to do things that God doesn't like. GE 6:5 clearly states that God was displeased with " the wickedness of man ", not His creation.

GE 19:30-38 While he is drunk, Lot's two daughters "lie with him," become pregnant, and give birth to his offspring.
2PE 2:7 Lot was "just" and "righteous."

Being righteous has nothing to do with how bad we screw up...thankfully.

GE 22:1-12, DT 8:2 God tempts (tests) Abraham and Moses.
JG 2:22 God himself says that he does test (tempt).
1CO 10:13 Paul says that God controls the extent of our temptations.
JA 1:13 God tests (tempts) no one.

Every temptation from the adversary must be allowed by God, but the sin and temptation itself is not a product of God.

EX 3:20-22, DT 20:13-17 God instructs the Israelites to despoil the Egyptians, to plunder their enemies.
EX 20:15, 17, LE 19:13 God prohibits stealing, defrauding, or robbing a neighbor.

20:17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee: 20:18 That they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done unto their gods; so should ye sin against the LORD your God.

Apparently, whatever the evildoers were doing...it was something that would have lead many believers down the wrong path. God decided to wipe them out rather than risk losing His children to the dark side.

EX 20:8-11, 31:15-17, 35:1-3 No work is to be done on the Sabbath, not even lighting a fire. The commandment is permanent, and death is required for infractions.
MK 2:27-28 Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath (after his disciples were criticized for breaking the Sabbath).
RO 14:5, CN 2:14-16 Paul says the Sabbath commandment was temporary, and to decide for yourself regarding its observance.

CN 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The sacrifice of Christ is bigger than the Law of Karma or any other human law.

NU 14:30 God breaks his promise.

NU 14:23 says, "14:23 Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:"...NU 14:30 says, "Doubtless ye shall not come into the land..."

..where's the broken promise, God seems to keep this one...

1KI 22:21-23 God condones a spirit of deception.

God allows many things by allowing spirits and humans ot have freewill...agreeing and condoning are a different story.

2TH 2:11-12 God deludes people, making them believe what is false, so as to be able to condemn them. (Note: some versions use the word persuade here. The context makes clear, however, that deception is involved.)

Evil people are allowed to believe their dillusions so that the wickedness of their ways is more evident to the children of the light...also, GOd does not want evil people to use the real power of the Bible to their own advantage...so the delusion keeps them busy chasing an oasis.

EX 34:6-7, JS 24:19, 1CH 16:34 God is faithful, holy and good.
IS 45:6-7, LA 3:8, AM 3:6 God is responsible for evil.

LA 3:1 "I AM the man that hath seen affliction by the rod of his wrath."

When God uses the rod, he is trying to whack people onto the right path. Ultimately, it is an act of love, not evil.

MT 4:5-8 The Devil took Jesus to the pinnacle of the temple, then to the mountain top.
LK 4:5-9 First to the mountain top, then to the pinnacle of the temple.
the above contradiction does indeed show that they get confused, as it is written my fellable men with faults, and forgetfulness

The Matthew verses say this THEN that...the Luke verses do not. Luke said this AND that AND the other...no indication of order...

MT 5:22 Anyone who calls another a fool is liable to Hell.
MT 7:26 Jesus says that anyone who hears his words and does not do them is a fool. (Note: The translation now prevalent, "like a foolish man," in MT 7:26 is a dishonest attempt to alleviate the obvious inconsistency here in that the oldest Greek manuscripts use the same Greek word translated "fool" in MT 5:22 and "like a foolish man" in MT 7:26.)
MT 23:17-19 Jesus twice calls the Pharisees blind fools.
MT 25:2, 3, 8 Jesus likens the maidens who took no oil to fools. (Note: Again, this is the same Greek word translated "fool" in MT 5:22 and MT 23:17-19.)
1CO 1:23, 3:18, 4:10 Paul uses fool with regard to Christians becoming fools for Christ. (Note: Again, this is the same Greek word translated "fool" in MT 5:22 and MT 23:17-19.)

1CO 1:23 "But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;"

...foolishness is the opposite of preaching Christ crucified, in the above verse...specifically against your point...

This list could go on for pages...

Keep going...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Well,

As you said, I have done it. I would argue that "it has been done" a million times before. It isn't my fault that some people are too ignorant and illiterate to see it.

So jake, tell me, why did you attack the author of this thread when it is me you want to attack? This thread asked questions, legitimate ones at that. I am the one who took it to a level that you are unable to comprehend due to your voluntary selection of knowledge, which resulted in your criticism.

You stated, that most of us are internet cruisers who know nothing of the bible. I am going to assume that you were not referring to me. I know much of the bible, and I would argue, that I know more than you. If I don't then it is close. However, your standards dictate that we must..."interpret the bible exactly as you do" to know it. My, My, conceited are we?

The bible says that God COULD NOT. It says that sins ARE NOT PUNISHABLE TO FUTURE GENERATIONS. You can "interpret" these passages all you want. By doing that, you are only generating your personal opinion. You are ignoring what is said. Selective knowledge at its finest. Good thing most people do not think on the level as you.

Tell me, since you are trying to establish my "ignorance" of the bible. If the bible does not say, "God could not cast the chariots of iron out of the valley", what does it say? If it does not say sins are not punishable from generation to generation, what does it say?

Um, it did not say God could not cast out the chariots of iron. It said Judas, or 'he', could not. If it had been God who could not, it would have been written as 'He'. You're not a bible expert. You are not a college educated historian. You rehash some idiot's opinion at thebibleisstupid.com without having the slightest grasp on the material to begin with. You yourself don't realize that the bible has to be taken as a whole, and not as individual pieces that seem to contradict. You have to understand the entire context (which you clearly don't) before you make any brash judgements.

LadyV, are you giving accurate quotes, or are you giving your/someone else's interpretation of specific bible passages? I hardly think Genesis 1:24-1:27 states the words, "Animals were created before man."

[edit on 8-3-2005 by purecanadiantrash]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Wow! Canadian trash....

Thank you for that website. I am positive people use their heads and think when they write there. I will have to check it out. Thanks again.

So, pure canadian trash. You take issue with what I wrote? Lets look closely at this. You challenged my credibility, asking if I was a bible scholar, or historian correct? Well, the answer is no of course. So, being that you challeneged me on the basis that I am not a bible scholar, that MUST mean that you would hold a bible scholar's words credible, as opposed to my, non-bible scholar words. Otherwise there would be no reason to cite that issue. Hmm, I wonder what bible scholars have to say about this issue? Well, lets get to that in a minute.

I would like anyone who is willing to read the entire chapter one of Judges. Here is a link to Blueletterbible.com. A christian bible resource site.

www.blueletterbible.org...

A close look at this chapter reveals some things. Even though they are meaningless because I am not a bible scholar, I am going to point them out. The entire chapter is relevant. First, the death of Joshua leaves what amounts to an opening in the war general department. Confused the people look for someone to help them kill a whole bunch of other people they don't like. So they go ask God. God, understanding that they need to kill a whole bunch of people, assigns Judah to the position. Are you all still following? Lets continue.

Judah talked to a couple of his boys and said, lets go kill off these bastard Canaanites. So they go to kill them. What happens next is kinda odd. It says that the lord delivered them. The lord.... He put them on a platter maybe? Hmmm, puzzling. Well, no mind, lets continue. They killed the whole bunch of those cananananananites, or whatever. Now, they continued to chase down these poor folks with the help of god. The help that is referred to earlier. God obviously is supporting these guys. He keeps helping them kill off the cananabalousites.

What is established so far? God is on Judahs side? Yes. Is god helping them? Yes. Are there victories being attributed to this help from god? Yes. Is god actually with them when they fight? Not sure yet. Lets continue.

Judges 1:19; For the first time in this whole bible chapter, a little clarity. Coincedentally, the only time it matters.

"And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron."

Flashback, AND THE LORD WAS WITH JUDAH. Uh? OK. So Judah has the support of God throughout his victories, but the one time it states THAT THE LORD WAS WITH JUDAH, he fails an objective. Isnt that interesting. I would argue that THIS ENENTIRE CHAPTER describes Gods help in war. God delivered those victories to Judah. No-one will argue that. But when the losses come, well then that can't be God! My opinion, from reading this chapter is that God was helping Judah, and Judah still lost. Which would be at issue with an omnipotent all powerful being. But thats just me and I am not a christian bible scholar so my opinions worthless.

Well, just for kicks, I wonder what a christian bible scholar would have to say about this issue? Hmmm. Lets have a look. I am going to quote an excerpt that I accidentally found on BLB.com while I was looking up the precise meaning of drave. It is as follows (Please note that this is what a christian bible scholar feels):

"or he possessed the mountain. but could. Not because the iron chariots were too strong for Omnipotence, or because he refused to help them; but because their courage and faith failed when they saw them"

You can read that here:

www.blueletterbible.org...

Now, what I see here, and I would argue that others would see it as well, is an admission of sorts. This bible scholar basically says, yes it looks like the bible says that God had failed in his joint venture with Judah, but it really meant that Judah got scared. A christian bible scholar.... HE ADMITS THAT IT SAYS GOD FAILED< BUT THAT DOES NOT CHALLENGE HIS OMNIPOTENCE BECAUSE JUDAH WAS SCARED!!!! WHERE IN THAT CHAPTER DOES IT DESCRIBE JUDAH LOSING HIS FAITH!!???!?!?!? NOWHERE!!!! So what does that mean? Once again, a christian had to make up stuff to avoid his precious bible making a boo-boo.

You truly are trash. And mods, you can't bash me for saying that because the person calls himself that. Why don't you go have dinner with your bible scholar friends, and discuss how to alleviate all those pesky contradictions. You are just as foolish as the others that attack me here. You are too lazy to read and look for yourself. You criticised me for not being a bible scholar, so will you criticise the bible scholar for not agreeing with you??? Get over it, you have no grounds to criticise my knowledge of the bible, especially under the obvious conditions that I am better knowledgeable in it than you. You are a sheep. Go follow at some other website where everyone is blind and ignorant like you, so noone will disagree with you.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You truly are trash. And mods, you can't bash me for saying that because the person calls himself that. Why don't you go have dinner with your bible scholar friends, and discuss how to alleviate all those pesky contradictions. You are just as foolish as the others that attack me here. You are too lazy to read and look for yourself. You criticised me for not being a bible scholar, so will you criticise the bible scholar for not agreeing with you??? Get over it, you have no grounds to criticise my knowledge of the bible, especially under the obvious conditions that I am better knowledgeable in it than you. You are a sheep. Go follow at some other website where everyone is blind and ignorant like you, so noone will disagree with you.

Hey buddy, I'm not even christian. Good rant, though.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by purecanadiantrash
LadyV, you can't just pick any random two quotes out of a hat that seem to contradict. You entirely lose the true context in doing so.

Is your claim that these are not infact contradictions? Re-establish the context, you will see that there are many bizzare contradictions in the bible fully in context.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

The sad part about all of these threads disigned to trash God is...
Those who author them have very little, to no bible knowledge at all.

And this removes the contradictions hows exactly?

They merely cruise the web, and find a page that claims there are contradictions...and then...without actually investigating it for themselves...

So you claim that there are no contradictions or not?

If you have a conspiracy, post it.

It appears her conspiracy is that the bible is not infallible as some claim it is. They claim to read it, they claim that is innerant, and yet it obviously is. Therefore, its a conspiracy. Or if not, massive stupidity on the innerantists.

Ah, so you don't have any source, as thats the google page. And you hypocritically bashed the Lady V for rapaciously spreading stuff she 'only googled up'. Bah. Fraud.

geneticus
GE 2:5 confirms that the animals were made before Man

Not to be mean, but, hello, one verse says before, another after. Whats it matter if another non-infallible verse says 'oh,no, i mean it was before, not after'?

The Matthew verses say this THEN that...the Luke verses do not

luke 4:5,9
5The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. [...]9The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple

It certainly looks like its giving the order. Why present it in the opposite manner?

also, GOd does not want evil people to use the real power of the Bible to their own advantage

So the bible is now some magic book that gives anyone, faithful or not, good or evil, its 'power'? And god can only stop this thru deception?

The sacrifice of Christ is bigger than the Law of Karma or any other human law.

And yet, there is the contradiction. One part of the bible says its essential, keep the sabbath, and keep kosher and all that. Another part says, 'hmm, forget that unforgettable essential stuff'.

Apparently, whatever the evildoers were doing...it was something that would have lead many believers down the wrong path

And yet, he commanded, don't kill, don't rob your neighbhors, then commands, 'kill 'em all'.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join