It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Is First to Use PATRIOT Act to Detain a Man Forever

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
According to this rag called the Daily Beast. Trump is the first to 'indefinitely' detain someone.

Wrong, it says he is the first to do so using the patriot act.

It was done in the late 90's under the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

And?

I doubt Trump even made that call.

The Trump administration instead declared him a threat to national security.

But as the government fought what had become a habeas corpus case for Hassoun’s release, the Department of Homeland Security invoked, for the first time in U.S. government history, section 412 of the PATRIOT Act.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What should Trump do ?

Deport him , if he causes trouble a quick drone strike will do the trick.
How much does it cost per year to house and feed a prisoner ?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Where?

No one in the ME wants him.

Cept maybe Iran.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
And what? I didn't say anything about Trump making any call.

I said it had been done before just under a different law.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

That wasn't bait, it is a valid point based on the question you asked on what Trump should do. The only reason you call it bait is because it's impossible to explain away and calling it bait is an easy out for you to "not take the bait" and essentially ignore it.

Good job.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yep, you read that right. The cognitive dissonance is pretty incredible to behold.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I can't hear you over Hassoun's indefinite detention.

Some peeps priorities are out of whack.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Hey, you can blame this guys "indefinite detention" all you want but anyone who's honest with themselves knows that the actual reason you don't hear me is because your cognitive dissonance won't allow you to. Not because his indefinite detention is somehow magically drowning out the words on this screen from you reading and comprehending them.

Oh well, I guess your question wasn't genuine after all, you already had the answer. You were just looking for more affirmation. No engagement, just straight up insults and a dismissive attitude all around to anyone who doesn't immediately reward you for your opinion.
edit on 11/29/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Orange Man bad.Check.

Neo Bad. Check.

Hassoun Still in jail. Check.

Next bull snip comment in

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The sign of someone who has no ammo left in the box. No argument at all.

It doesn't seem like you were ever interested in discussing anything to begin with, just looking for affirmation on Trump and your own opinion.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

That was a sign of utter contempt.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Keep him locked up to his dying breath. He is guilty of murder as if he pulled the trigger. With anyone else facilitating the murder of countless people here in the united states, he would be put to death.
People will moan and cry saying have pity on him for he is an old man now and can't hurt anyone else. And I will say, his body might be frail now but his mind is still intact and working to scheme, plan and finance more terror. Keep him locked up until his last breath and bury him at sea.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I'm sure DWS could use a new IT guy.

Didn't the last one escape to the middle east?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Obviously, that's how you feel about anyone who shares a different opinion than you so I'll hold it with a grain of salt.

You feel that way about a lot of people, which is sad. You have a lot of hate inside you mr. Neo. You should get that checked out, or you could continue wallowing in your own hate and become dirtier and dirtier.

We both know which one you'll choose, don't we?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
That's effing rich.

Back to the TOPIC.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So he is being detained without trail?

Am I reading this right, this guy is being held indefinitely with no trail?

Yeah but our constitution does not apply to him because he is not an American citizen nor is he on American soil.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yep, first of many enemies of America hopefully.

My only regret is he didn't get a needle in the arm for his acts of terror against the US. Further, he should consider himself lucky we don't practice the kind of "justice" his people do.

He's not a US citizen. In fact, he provided our enemies aid and comfort. I say throw away the key with this enemy of America personally

EDIT: We are way too easy on our nation's enemies. Hopefully Trump's recent correction of runaway UCMJ persecutions shows our brave troops their hands are untied once again. That it is OK to kill the enemy, without further explanation or qualification.

edit on 11/29/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Let me get this straight. Someone went through the criminal justice system, they served their time, and now they're not being released? And you guys are cheering it on?

Since Day One I thought we all agreed that this part of the Patriot Act was a bad thing. But now that it's Trump employing it it's suddenly amazing? Will you guys still be cheering when future Presidents (or maybe even this one) use it to detain US citizens indefinitely?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Nice political troll.

I love the smell of whataboutism at noon.

Can I have some more pudding sir?

I don't see that as trolling Neo, I rather thought you have had better thoughts than that...at times.

The funny thing is, here we have a guy that seemingly had a habit of bankrolling some not very nice people, while it is not so certain as to have a mandatory spell in the pokey, for lack of something, but let's do it anyway.

"Trump administration calls for permanent restoration of bulk phone communications surveillance"
www.wsws.org...

Funny that innit?...isn't it?..isn't it?
Aside from that, the 'Patriot Act' is still there, pretty much in the way it was originally constituted...by congress no less, albeit with a few dissenters bipartisan fashion.

Is that what people really want, no justice of any fashion? simply because there is no other reasonable way to deal with it..as if even that would be the truth...since in this case of the patriot act, everybody and their granny, actually allows any law enforcement to investigate overtly, covertly, those entities..pretty much any entities really, activities.
So, where is the caveat here? there has to be one..but nobody is saying, or going the full monty, while obscurantism should not be the order of the day.

I concur with what 3NL1GHT3N3D1 has stated.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join