It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Is First to Use PATRIOT Act to Detain a Man Forever

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: neo96

Well neither did Obama in the case you brought up earlier. Obama didn't give those Syrians anything on his own! His hands are clean. Right?

What a GD failure of a so called argument.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Ummm... I was using your argument. Blame yourself for such a failure.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Does anyone actually want to talk about the TOPIC?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I'm talking about the topic. You asked what should Trump do. I'm saying that I can't possibly know what Trump should do seeing as both his left and right hands are doing different things and giving off mixed signals.

Should I believe what his left hand is doing or do I believe what his right hand is doing? That is key in figuring out what should be done in this situation.
edit on 11/29/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I found this anyways.

The law, contained in the defence authorisation bill that funds the US military, effectively extends the battlefield in the "war on terror" to the US and applies the established principle that combatants in any war are subject to military detention.

source

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Civil rights groups dismayed as Barack Obama abandons commitment to veto new security law contained in defence bill

Priceless.

I guess instead of spying on the current prez the last prez should have done something bout that.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Give him two weeks training and drop him out of a cargo plan over Benghazi in a parachute. Tell no-one, just do it.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Basically that's what I would say! lol

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
China will probably take him...

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Your posting is funny. First, in a reply farther up you accuse a post of ''whataboutism'' which that poster was not doing and then you turn right around and blatantly say

''Miss or just IGNORING the last prez arming mexican drug cartels, and terrorists in SYria?''

Whataboutism at it finest.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Is it me, or did our OP just accuse you of ''whataboutism'' and turn right around and use it himself. Did I see that or am I just, well, reading things that are not there?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Sure is because that post didn't have anything to do with indefinite detention.

Your posting is funny. First, in a reply farther up you accuse a post of ''whataboutism'' which that poster was not doing and then you turn right around and blatantly say

''Miss or just IGNORING the last prez arming mexican drug cartels, and terrorists in SYria?''

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Oh cool. Now after having accused another poster of whataboutism, then turning and doing that yourself, now you praise a different poster for what,,,,,whataboutism.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
Seems post header should read "GW first to lock up terrorist indefinitely" very misleading for sure to attempt orange man bad on this subject.

Which means he rode out Obama's terms in detention also.

Why would that go unspoken?

Kinda odd....

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Let me BE CLEAR.

This is the TOPIC.

For the 18-year lifespan of the war on terrorism, an obscure provision of the PATRIOT Act permitting the indefinite detention of U.S. non-citizens has gone unused. But to keep a Palestinian man behind bars even after he finished serving his sentence, the Trump administration has fired this bureaucratic Chekhov’s gun.

This is BULL #.

Didn't stop Trump from selling weapons to Saudi Arabia or covering up their involvement in 9/11. Sounds like a pretty obvious double standard on his part and any of his supporters who use this line of thought to justifiy this

This is the TOPIC.

]For the 18-year lifespan of the war on terrorism, an obscure provision of the PATRIOT Act permitting the indefinite detention of U.S. non-citizens has gone unused. But to keep a Palestinian man behind bars even after he finished serving his sentence, the Trump administration has fired this bureaucratic Chekhov’s gun

This is BULL #

And this is more BULL #

Oh cool. Now after having accused another poster of whataboutism, then turning and doing that yourself, now you praise a different poster for what,,,,,whataboutism.

Are we done?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You asked this question, did you not?

What should Trump do ?

Let this guy go?

See First.

Keep him locked up?

See people cry.

A member attempted to engage and discuss on that question . Easy peasy

You then made your accusation. Pure and simple.

Your very next post you say ''Miss or just IGNORING the last prez arming mexican drug cartels, and terrorists in SYria?''

Whataboutism,,,

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Yeah because I took the BAIT.

Sue me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-11-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Are we done?

Maybe, maybe not. Are we or are we not allowed to use ''whataboutism'' in your thread here. Just trying to get your standards straight first..

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Sue you? I don't need your money. Your consistency would be nice though.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Yeah some consistency would be nice.

Instead of political BAITIING.

Didn't stop Trump from selling weapons to Saudi Arabia or covering up their involvement in 9/11. Sounds like a pretty obvious double standard on his part and any of his supporters who use this line of thought to justifiy this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join