It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really???? Now we need instructions??? Really???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

When did I ever advocate redistribution of wealth? I meant wisdom! The biblical way of life is one which embraces wisdom. Yet so many Christians insist on following such a blatantly arrogant and unwise man, who claims to be a "chosen one".

You really cant see past your political lens, can you? I really am sorry for you.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Yes you’re not as hard on the Communist left... your own words.... and I k ow where they come from.

Also not recalled are how many Western church elites and thinkers were themselves bewitched by the allure of Marxism. It began from the start, after the Bolshevik Revolution, when even as thousands of priests and bishops were being killed by the Red Terror. Methodist and other Mainline Protestant prelates and activists hailed Bolshevism for its overthrow of medieval monarchy and religiosity in favor of liberation and modernity. They saw the Soviet Union as the egalitarian Social Gospel fully realized.
juicyecumenism.com...
acton.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

The biblical way of life is one which embraces wisdom. Yet so many Christians insist on following such a blatantly arrogant and unwise man, who claims to be a "chosen one".

Firstly, I have not heard Donald Trump claim that he is "chosen" by anyone except the Electoral College (which is a true statement). I have heard others claim he is chosen of God, though.

Secondly, even if he has made the claim, it does not mean it is not true. Noah, the one chosen of God to save humankind from the flood, was a little too fond of strong drink. Moses, the one chosen by God to lead His people to the Promised Land? He was on the lam for murder when God found him. How about Paul, who wrote the majority of the New Testament? His original name was Saul, and his job was killing and prosecuting Christians... and he was very, very good at his job. The Apostle Peter, Jesus' "most beloved" apostle, first Pope of the Catholic Church and lifelong follower of Christ, was a temperamental hothead who lacked faith.

God will choose whom God wishes to choose, and God really doesn't need nor want your approval of His choice. You want to talk about wisdom? That was wisdom. Your words are foolishness.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Exactly. the words in the prayer are "thy will be done" not my will or anyone's else's. Everything that happens is for a reason and by His will. Right now I suspect we're learning the hard way that we cannot create perfection, only He can. And the Bible is an object lesson in humility because He uses the unlikeliest sources to remind us.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: ketsuko

No one can hinder your ability to live by faith. I can understand if the uncertainty in the world made you feel threatened, but faith comes from within. Many see Cyrus in Trump. I see king Saul.

No, you're right, but I'd prefer we not reach China style re-education camps just yet to prove our faith. It will happen sooner or later, but I'm in no rush. Why are you?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

It never ceases to amaze me how so many who obviously have no idea about the religion are so anxious to use the Bible against Christians... and they fail every time. I guess it would be funny if it weren't also so sad... even BELIEVERpriest is a child of God, even if he doesn't realize it. He brought religion into this thread, and I have already caught him in several basic, elementary errors.

He doesn't know the difference between a Gospel and an Epistle, has no concept of forgiveness, worships the creation instead of the creator, holds hate in his heart, lacks any sense of humility before God, and does not even realize that God is ultimately in control. The rest of us make mistakes as well, but I don't normally go around criticizing others for violating a religious tenet. That is God's place, not mine.

Certainly not his.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Just curiously, if it's gods place to judge and not yours why did you just judge believer priest?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

When did I ever advocate redistribution of wealth? I meant wisdom! The biblical way of life is one which embraces wisdom. Yet so many Christians insist on following such a blatantly arrogant and unwise man, who claims to be a "chosen one".

You really cant see past your political lens, can you? I really am sorry for you.

I know what you meant by quoting that passage, as it sounded enough like Karl Marx to fool the sheep. However, Christ said, “ My sheep know my voice”. www.biblegateway.com...
You need not feel sorry for me, for I have been in the lap of progressive revelation and I AM where I need to be. I AM also a warrior, make no mistake.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Just curiously, if it's gods place to judge and not yours why did you just judge believer priest?

Did I judge him?

Did I condemn him? Did I state that he is evil? Did I deny him the ability to repent and be considered righteous in the blood of Jesus?

No, I didn't, just as I don't judge you for your question. I suspect it is a trick to try and trip me up, but I will not judge that... I will let you do so. If I judged you, I would not reply; but I will attempt to answer the question.

The answer lies, as is often the case, in the context. You are thinking of Matthew 7:1, which I will recite below, but I am also going to add in Matthew 7:2-5, as those verses complete Jesus' thought.

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

We are warned to be cautious with our judgement, not blanketly commanded to forgo judgement of good and evil. The word used to negate the word translated as "judge" in Matthew 7:1 is instead of ou. Ou is an unqualified negative which would indicate an absolute commandment to never judge, whereas indicates a qualified negative that implies caution.

This is further clarified in John 7:21-24. In these verses, Jesus has just healed a man on the Sabbath, and is being judged by the people who saw Him:

Jesus answered and said unto them, I have done one work, and ye all marvel.

Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.

If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Here Jesus commands His followers to judge, but cautions them against rash judgement without due consideration of all the scriptures. The lesson is that we are to judge, but we are to be judicious and sparing in that judgement. We know not the inner mind of others, what struggles they struggle or what experiences have colored their perceptions... that is the domain of God alone. Yet, their actions and statement certainly may be judged, with the caveat that rash judgement against others can lead to rash judgement against us.

I have been corrected before; no man knows the scriptures completely and all make mistakes. When I am rightly judged, I accept that judgement and stand corrected... I have gained knowledge and wisdom, not lost anything. So I have corrected BELIEVERpriest. Now it is his pervue to choose what to do: stand corrected and gain wisdom, or lash out angrily and lose that opportunity.

Judgement is not denied to believers... rash judgement is.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

And yet, BELIEVERPriest cast judgement on those who
Voted for Trump, those Christians around him who may be giving him the best Christian advice he could probably get under the circumstances, and on Trump himself, declaring him to be anti-Christ. Anti-Christ is any thing or person who is against Christ.

King James Version Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
biblehub.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Because the judgment we aren't to make is a specific type. It's not our place to tell people they're going to Hell. Only God knows that one for sure. That's His ultimate judgment to make. We can look through the Book and get guidance on what leads on to run afoul of His judgment is all. However, we can judge good and bad for ourselves all day long.

Why do you suppose we're warned against false prophets and false teachers if it's not our place to judge? If we aren't allowed to judge, then we would not be allowed to decide when spiritual advice our guidance like BELIVERpriest's or even your in this case leaves something to be desired.

Frankly, that absolute no judging thing sounds like a society of utter lemmings. "Hey guys! I stuck my fingers in this electrical socket. It was awesome. You gotta try it ..." "Hey guys, I heard we all gotta jump off this bridge ..." Remeber, it's not for you to judge, so you better get right to it!

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Mmmm religion and politics
something the middle east always gets high praise for here on ATS, oh wait were on about the USA it must be ok then

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Intriguing hoe Mayor Pete is one of the Democrat front runners isn't it? For a political "side" that claims to abhor mixing God and state, you'd think he'd have been booed offstage long ago, but since he can make every leftist sacred cow Jesus-approved, they're suddenly all down with theocracy.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

In retrospect, I'd really like to connect the dots to see how we got from the liberal left media giving talking points to anti-Trump family members so they can shut up pro-Trump family member...all the way to quoting verses in the Bible and deciding who gets to condenm folks to hell.

Wow!!

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
As if all the rest of the MSM BS wasn't enough, now we need instructions on how to "shut down" a pro-Trump family member at Thanksgiving?????

Really?? REALLY??

Now we need a step by step guide to sooth the "butt-hurted-ness"??? Why not just a list so easy a caveman could do it???

1. Place fingers in ears
2. Loudly chant..."LA LA LA LA LA, Hillary won, LA LA LA LA LA, Orange man bad, LA LA LA LA...I CANnnnn'T...HEAR...YOU!!..LA LA LA"
3. Pull pussy hat down hard with both hands
4. Scream at Sky

Instead we get this...

Today hundreds of millions of Americans will sit down with close friends and family over heaping portions of turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes. After the usual small talk about chilly weather and the day’s football matchups, discussions will inevitably shift to politics. In a country bitterly divided over the Trump presidency and his looming impeachment, heated arguments will begin. Tempers and passions are likely to flare. But they shouldn’t.

How to shut down your Trump supporting family member at Thanksgiving

Un-freaking-believable!!!

It just never ends with these people, just NEVER ends!!

I can't even believe I read this news story!! I can't even believe it exists! It's not bad enough that it would be about 'shutting someone up', but NOOOooo; it's about shutting down a "family member", and it doesn't even end there! It's about shutting down a family member "at Thanksgiving"!!

What's next? Christmas? Easter? Columbus Day?

I was fast asleep (went to bed early, stuffed)...and woke up to find this. Unbelievable!

Might as well get the party started early on Black Friday! Have at it, boys and girls!

SMFH

lol this is not even news.. it is an opinion article... what's the issue?

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
Trying to cheer up hate towards a family member because of politics, on a holiday that is strong family related, really IS the newest low.

That is cold calculating mindset! May their souls be saved.

You mean like Trump Jr's request to drum up political arguments that he posted directly on his twitter feed? May his soul be saved.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

In retrospect, I'd really like to connect the dots to see how we got from the liberal left media giving talking points to anti-Trump family members so they can shut up pro-Trump family member...all the way to quoting verses in the Bible and deciding who gets to condenm folks to hell.

Wow!!

I’m sorry. I was part of that after Believer said he/she/Zhe said he was easier on the Communist left than on the Christian Right supporters of Trump. When challenged, this person tried to deny that in his own words he’s supportive of communism, at least on some level. I never let something like that go if I can help it, especially when I see that person trying to influence people while pretending not to.
The church transition to the anti Christ Marxist position should always be challenged in my opinion.
However, this dialogue has long been at kitchen tables, even without Thanksgiving.

Also I object to people justifying Marxism with bible quotes that sound similar to the notorious Marxist maxim as a justification for leftist communism, and also justify a Marxist coup overthrow of our duly elected President.
edit on 3-12-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

"Hey guys, there's this guy on Instagram who says sunning your butt pucker gives you tons of energy! You gotta try it ..."

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Clearly they don't watch football. It was on all day.

I wish I'd seen this thread before Thanksgiving so I could share it with everyone at my house so everyone there could laugh their asses off at how butthurt people are. My wife and I got to host 25 people and a bunch of kids at our house, and every last person in attendance was a huge Trump supporter. I would imagine there weren't many anti-Trumpers out there celebrating Thanksgiving. After all, it was started in a time of slavery and made into a federal holiday by Washington. Surely there's something racist in there somewhere, there just HAS to be!

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH
I do not "mean like". I am not informed enough about this particular incident you are bringing up now.

If Trump's son does promote the bashing of family members because of political affiliation, I agree.

So tell me please, does or did he?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join