It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Laughing Like Aerobics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Laughter has the same effects on the heart and blood vessels as aerobic excercise, says a study presented to the American College of Cardiology in Orlando, Florida. It helps prevent heart disease by making blood vessels work more efficiently. Along with 30 minutes of exercise three times a week, the scientists recommend 15 minutes of laughter every day.

www.cbc.ca
American researchers reported Monday that daily laughter may prevent heart disease because it makes blood vessels work more efficiently.

The study, which was presented at a meeting of the American College of Cardiology in Orlando, Florida, found that while laughter is not a substitute for exercise, it has much the same effect.

The scientists say laughter has many of the same benefits as aerobic exercise, but without the aches and pains. ...They recommend 30 minutes of exercise three times a week and 15 minutes of laughter every day to maintain a good vascular system.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Funny is not just fun and good for the soul, it's good for the body too. Laughter prevents heart disease. It's scientifically proven.

Shortly after the study's release on Monday, seven independent and unaffiliated gurus in California submitted incorporation papers for "The Church of Laughter." Six were affiliated with exercise studios or spas, and one with a karate dojo. Arnold Schwarzenneger, the Governor of California, announced that the state would hold a lottery to determine who would get the rights to use the "Church of Laughter" name. Kidding.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Plenty of Conan and South Park... Maybe I will live to be 120

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well I will have to said by experiences that laughing does keep you looking younger with all the exercise we do when smiling.

I am always smiling

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It's not that easy to, genuinely, laugh. I mean real belly laugh. I know when I do, it sure feels good--good to know it's good for you. From now on, whenever or where ever I I am when it happens I'll go with it. hope it's not a funeral.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
geez, how much did this study cost? It's been a truism for years "laughter is the best medicine". And the scientific support for this was alluded to and considered over a decade ago.

Old news is new news once again. Next up, a new fashion trend-denim blue jeans!

new topics

top topics

join