It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
but yeha it seemed to like my rooom and me....Really pissed me off. Especially as i had watched the movie "The Ring"

Well DaRAGE, I never have and probably never will believe that Teen Horror Movies have the ability to do anything other than be stupid, BUT as a matter of fact the first fly appeared the very next night after watching "The Ring"........!

Valhall, as a matter of fact I do remember - I was reading a great transcript of an interview done with a family haunted by a polthergeist (sp?)..... here it is - Testament.org

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This reminds me of an incident a few years ago.

My parents bought an old house in the countryside which, in the summer, had(has) quite a lot of flies in it.

My brother, who is mentally handicapped, was annoyed about the flies, so he went and opened the door to his room and said "Come" for a few times, and ALL THE FLIES FLEW OUT OF THE ROOM...

I was amazed then, of course, but I haven't given it much thought since.. With all this talk though...

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I also have flies in my house, they even try to fly up your nose
....But that is weird....I mean maybe they like The Ring and Deftones

But anyway, here an exsert from a book my mom has called Spirt's of the earth that have meanings of animals acording to Native amaricans. here's what it says about flies:

Flies are bad signs. They don't belong in the house, tepee, lodge or camp. They're messengers of jealousy, can worn of foul weather forthcoming, and they bring sickness and disease. They are considered a pestilence. The large Blowflies, the kind that feed on defecation, carcasses, and trash are always bad signs. They represent evil and dark forces. The more flies that show up around you, the worse the situation. It is always best to get them out of your house, and if necessary destroy them in order to protect yourself, your family and your home. Use cedar or sage to smudge and rid it of flies, and call upon the good powers for protection. Sorcerers and evil people who use the bad powers work with blowflies as aliases.

[....]

Thats about it, then it tells what you do to get rid of them...but nobody here would get it so I only posted the meaning....

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by Curiosity]

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiosity
I also have flies in my house, they even try to fly up your nose
....But that is weird....I mean maybe they like The Ring and Deftones

But anyway, here an exsert from a book my mom has called Spirt's of the earth that have meanings of animals acording to Native amaricans. here's what it says about flies:

Flies are bad signs. They don't belong in the house, tepee, lodge or camp. They're messengers of jealousy, can worn of foul weather forthcoming, and they bring sickness and disease. They are considered a pestilence. The large Blowflies, the kind that feed on defecation, carcasses, and trash are always bad signs. They represent evil and dark forces. The more flies that show up around you, the worse the situation. It is always best to get them out of your house, and if necessary destroy them in order to protect yourself, your family and your home. Use cedar or sage to smudge and rid it of flies, and call upon the good powers for protection. Sorcerers and evil people who use the bad powers work with blowflies as aliases.

[....]

Thats about it, then it tells what you do to get rid of them...but nobody here would get it so I only posted the meaning....

Curiosity, I may get it...do tell the meaning!!

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
Curiosity, I may get it...do tell the meaning!!

Um...I did post the meaning of flies....but here is the other half I didn't post...

from Spirts of the Earth:

[...]

For example, light and burn a smudge stick, and offer it to the great creator and the good sprits of the earth. Open a window or door to your apartment or house. And ask great creator and the good sprits to remove all bad bugs and evil spirits and to protect your life and home. walk through the entire house smudging every room. This ritual acts as a spiritual disinfectant.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Never heard of a fly as being bad luck.......but I do know that a bee is suppose to be good luck .......and having one come into your house is a good sign.......(not a wasp! )

I believe it also mentions bees in the Bible!
Not sure where though.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ok...I've decided that these fly's are bad, I was hoping they were a sign of something good, but there you go

I've had a lot of bad luck lately, and bad health, so I guess I'm going to have to try using some sage......oh well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join