It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Farmington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This is the gift that keeps on giving!

www.vox.com... ent-sting

Undercover US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents have been operating a fake university designed to lure in immigrants seeking to obtain student visas fraudulently — but the students are claiming they are the ones who have been deceived....ICE has arrested about 250 students at the University of Farmington in Farmington Hills, Michigan, for violating the terms of their visas

Of course Democrats were ready to go crazy, seriously crazy...
This story was EVERYWhere and then it sloooooooooooooooooooooowly went away.

This University was started in 2015. Yes, under Obama.. sound familiar to you???!

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Ha! They were farming ... That's too good.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don’t understand. If it is the idea of the sting that is a problem then why does it matter who was President at the time? Also, I don’t understand what is wrong with finding lawbreakers and punishing them. It kind of is what law enforcement does.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don’t understand. If it is the idea of the sting that is a problem then why does it matter who was President at the time? Also, I don’t understand what is wrong with finding lawbreakers and punishing them. It kind of is what law enforcement does.

This was on front page news, I believe (I could be wrong, but doubt it)
that the MSM wanted to pin this on Trump, when they realized this started in 2015 under Obama
it soon deflated, and the story is gone.

Absolutely nothing is wrong with finding and punishing lawbreakers, but to some it changes the narrative depending on which president it was done under! Very similar to "kids in cages" type of thing.
edit on 28-11-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This isn't about poor immigrants coming to the USA for a better life. It's about gaming the system. Here's why/how:

Back in the day, I managed a small unit of contractors for a giant tech company everybody's sort heard about.
All 14 of my team were foreigners, mostly no-experience recent grads still on student visas. Back then (turn of the century) it was about 18-24 moths after graduation the student visas expired. Grads got tech jobs, "tried out" to get a sponsor for a green card. Most that were still working when their visa expired got dismissed & noticed to INS.

Very few "earned" green cards. Had a hiring salary schedule by degree level w/ max starting salaries like MS @ $75K & PhD @ $90K for inexperienced applicants. Personally, I couldn't consider this as unfair use of cheap labor - most Americans weren't making that kind of money at the time. But, in these cases, exploitation could be seen as 2-way: cheap labor (!Really?) & long hours versus real experience, prestigious company, few performance expectations (because they were students, not familiar with WORK and livelihood - first time employees anywhere).

In order to stay in the USA, these student visa holders need to get into further educational programs to retain their immigration status. Many of them seek "alternative education" opportunities so they can stay here instead of returning the "technology transfer" to their native countries (probably as $10/hour tech support in Bangalore). This is why the sting operation was necessary in the first place.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
As you say, just gaming the system. Really small numbers. What you have to watch out for are certain companies whose workforce are all graduates. They come in, undercut the workforce to get the contracts, then return to India. My, my the internet is a great leveller. They can do your job from India.
Buuuttt, what they don't tell you is the company they work for actually owns the university in Calcutta and their degrees, well do you want me to spell it out for you.
How do I know. My son, a computor wizz with a degree, works for a major American transport company that just took over his old firm. He had about 20 Indians to try and teach them the system, never mind that they could hardly speak English (I will not explain about their filthy toilet habits) but because their company came in a lot cheaper than the British company the contract was outsourced to India.
Now when you want a computer resolution you phone up, get a person that 1. you have a very, very difficult job to understand and 2. they always have to ask some one else to solve the problem. I will tell you now there is no one called Abdul or Mahindra, they are Simon or Sarah.

top topics

join