It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 000 years old, amazingly preserved puppy with whiskers, eyelashes and hair puzzle scientists

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

I saw this story on Twitter and was very sceptical of the age of this dog.

18000 years old ? pfft. Once again scientists trying to play God with information.

Reminds me of a true story I heard on the radio of two college kids who brought some sort of rock substance to be tested for how long it’s been on the earth. They knew it was a man made composition of some kind but were testing the “experts”. Low and behold those superior scientists said it was thousands of years old ( not sure of exact number )..and the two college kids busted them with the truth.

Yeah.. I’m not a great believer in scientists who make statements such as that.
18,000 years ? 🙄

The composition was made from materials thousands of years old, likely much older than that. All things non organic are made from very old material. Even organics reuse old materials.
So those kids forgot about that little problem.

That could all be well and true and I will take it into considerationI, but I still remain sceptical on the wolf dog being 18,000 years old.🤷🏻‍♀️

Why? if you don't mind me asking.
edit on 28-11-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

18000 years old ? pfft. Once again scientists trying to play God with information.

Reminds me of a true story I heard on the radio of two college kids who brought some sort of rock substance to be tested for how long it’s been on the earth. They knew it was a man made composition of some kind but were testing the “experts”. Low and behold those superior scientists said it was thousands of years old ( not sure of exact number )..and the two college kids busted them with the truth.

18,000 years ? 🙄

The composition was made from materials thousands of years old, likely much older than that. All things non organic are made from very old material. Even organics reuse old materials.

That could all be well and true and I will take it into considerationI, but I still remain sceptical on the wolf dog being 18,000 years old.🤷🏻‍♀️

No.. I don’t mind you asking 😏.. and I really have no specific answer to that question except that labeling an animal to be 18,000 years seems off to me. I’m not saying it isn’t right because I don’t know that.. just saying I remain sceptical because of the amount of years.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
Ok, fair enough. There are cases of frozen mammoths with flesh still present.

Lyuba is about 40,000 years old.
www.smh.com.au...

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

18,000 years ? 🙄

No.. I don’t mind you asking 😏.. and I really have no specific answer to that question except that labeling an animal to be 18,000 years seems off to me. I’m not saying it isn’t right because I don’t know that.. just saying I remain sceptical because of the amount of years.

Been following your exchange, and am interested in why you feel 18,000 years "seems" wrong. That really doesn't seem like much of a reason.

Are you a "young earth" proponent (no offense intended)?

Do you have an issue believings dogs/wolves didn't exist at that time?

I mean dating of organic matter, less than 50,000 yrs old is pretty standard, and commonly accepted to be reasonably accurate by the scientific community, within a few percent.

In fact, this particular example is probably not even remotely questionable. I don't see any particular advantage in fudging the date.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

18,000 years ? 🙄

Been following your exchange, and am interested in why you feel 18,000 years "seems" wrong. That really doesn't seem like much of a reason.

Are you a "young earth" proponent (no offense intended)?

Do you have an issue believings dogs/wolves didn't exist at that time?

I mean dating of organic matter, less than 50,000 yrs old is pretty standard, and commonly accepted to be reasonably accurate by the scientific community, within a few percent.

In fact, this particular example is probably not even remotely questionable. I don't see any particular advantage in fudging the date.

I guess you could say I’m a proponent of a younger earth. I’ve pretty much lived life following my instincts, which have been wrong at times, but I just don’t feel super confident in some of the research and opinions of the scientific communities. To put it bluntly, I’ve lost my trust in humans telling me how things are. They are so fallible, even with tons of education, sometimes more fallible with tons of education, because they are spoon fed incorrect info and become like the blind leading the blind.
edit on 28-11-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Now then ... I am not saying this is absolutely correct ... but if you are willing to take a ride to find truth ... try this.

Linky for you.

Remember this please ... even Plate Tectonics is only a theory that has not been proven.

These 5 or 6 videos are certainly interesting giving a totally different outlook.

P

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

So, you're not confident in the archaeologists, biologists and scientific community in general, that's cool; ovcourse everyone is entitled to their opinion. Beyond instincts, whats your education on the subject? I often find people with little education on topics are usually the most vocal objectors, purely because the evidence goes against their belief system.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Badams

Archaeologists need to maintain their research funds and research funding is based on keeping the general public in place! Certainly they will not jump up with a new concept ... they will however jump on and ridicule any other new theory. Remember, all they have are theories.

Biologists are still learning and certainly new findings are creating waves which many poo poo because they were indoctrinated in their higher education training.

Science in general is like a whore looking for the next paying john. In proof, I offer the Tobacco industry and the 'studies' they had done to prove that cigarettes were not harmful.

Then there are many cases such as Marie Curie who spent years being put down by her contemporaries until she found what she was looking for and since the entire scientific community had egg on their faces, they gave her a Nobel Prize.

We could go on and on with many more examples.

P

edit on 28/11/2019 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/11/2019 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Sure, science is driven by funding, and results can falsified to suit an agenda. The tobacco industry is a great example of that, as is the petroleum industry for that matter. That being said, your examples sound like a crutch to try and hold your beliefs up with. There is nothing revolutionary or new about a 18000 year old mammal. A lack of education and scientific understanding is why there are people who believe the world is flat, aircraft produce "chemtrails" and Australia doesn't exist.

What I said still stands and is perfectly valid, its the people without scientific based education or a healthy amount of logical reasoning that are the most vocal opposition to science and scientific principles.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badams

So, you're not confident in the archaeologists, biologists and scientific community in general, that's cool; ovcourse everyone is entitled to their opinion. Beyond instincts, whats your education on the subject? I often find people with little education on topics are usually the most vocal objectors, purely because the evidence goes against their belief system.

I already stated why I don’t trust the scientific community. Having an education in these scientific fields does not necessarily equate with real knowledge of how thing things are in reality.

How many times have scientists said “oops.. we had it wrong”.. now we believe this.. and they expect you to follow suit.

The whole multiple gender issue going on is another example of science going to extremes.

Sorry.. doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that education isn’t the be all and end all to real truth. Often it accomplishes just the opposite.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

What I said still stands and is perfectly valid, its the people without scientific based education or a healthy amount of logical reasoning that are the most vocal opposition to science and scientific principles.

It is the people without science indoctrination that can often see clearly.

Just look at the sheer number of inventions that come from people without science degrees.

And boy, does science get upset when it is not going their way.

I do not want to derail but the climate debate is just one classic example of cash over science.

The ice has not melted, the planet has not turned into a wasteland and Jeff did not kill himself.

P

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

😂.. You’re awesome phoenix358.. and your posts have wisdom. I watched the video and it was interesting ( didn’t watch all of them )

Thanks for the Epstein chuckle 😂

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Science moves forward as society progresses in both technology and wisdom. Concepts change as we develop new insights and ways to test them. It doesn't see-saw between two contrasting explanations of the same thing. I.E science isn't going to turn around and go, oh we're sorry, the world is actually 2000 years old, we were wrong about evolution, carbon dating, geology etc.etc.etc.

Arguing "education isn't the be all and end all, because in the past; science has moved forward" is a completely invalid assertion.

I can argue the moon is indeed made of cheese because I have a hunch, all day long, it doesn't make me correct.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I don't have a scientific degree myself, I have a honours degree in Industrial Design, I know all too well you dont need a scientific background to innovate. However I'm as able as the next person to read books and learn about topics. Witty retorts aren't denying the fact opinion doesn't equal fact. Mind you, the fact I'm debating science with a fiction author is a little ironic.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
No word yet on "good boy" status. More sequencing needed.

This just in:

Good boy confirmed.

One scientist said, "We confirmed good boy when we realized he stayed in the ice for 18,000 years so we could find him, clone him, and give him belly rubs".

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

science isn't going to turn around and go, oh we're sorry, the world is actually 2000 years old, we were wrong about evolution, carbon dating, geology etc.etc.etc.

How can you be so sure ? They may not say the earth is only 2000 years old, but they could adjust what they’ve theorized the age to be.

Same goes for carbon dating.. they may come up with new improved methods that render their previous theories as false.

By the way..it isn’t science that turns around and says we got it wrong. It’s the silly scientists who think they understand science then realize they made a mistake. That’s ok though.. life is about making mistakes and learning from them. Just don’t expect me to believe all scientific theories are actual reality...

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

😂.. You’re awesome phoenix358.. and your posts have wisdom. I watched the video and it was interesting ( didn’t watch all of them )

Thanks for the Epstein chuckle 😂

When you have the time, they are a fascinating series ... but at the end of the day ... it is just another theory ... although ... it makes a lot more sense to me than the current one.

Thanks for the uplifting nod

P

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
CLONE IT!!!!! Seriously... then I want a puppy!

Looks like it would be a wolf, based on how fluffy the fir but at the same time it kinda looks more heina based on the short snout and specs on the coat..

It would just smell your bum when you fart, eat everything thirty times a day and die anyway, when you carry her into the vet surgeon, and they ask you if you wish to wait or not when they are euthanised. After 13 years, you will walk out with tears beholden of a 12 year old, crying how you couldn't be there for doggo.. in her final moment, and be betradyed by that look in her eyes, scared, as you didn't.

Don't get a dog.. get a cloned cat !! It will disappear one day, you leave food in the kitchen still, yet it will eventually eventually stop being that thing you do.. no drama involved. Just a lamented memory.

Unless he gets feline leukaemia, then he will die at the end of your bed with a mournful meow as he passes, when you reach down to give him one last pat...

I don't have any pets now...

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop
Ya, the hardest part of having them, we just had to put down our Boerboel

edit on 29-11-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: iasenko

looks like we found our pals missing link

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join