It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US says Russian troops are destabilizing Libya,Russia Dares to challenge NATO's southern flank.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Its rather ironic now isnt it? its being 8 years since NATO's military intervention and regime change happened in Libya. Its being almost 8 years of silence and ignorance by the Mainstream News Media Outlets who wanted a regime change to remove gaddafi.

After the 's military intervention and regime change MSM charade's for 8 years and half MSM outlets kept quiet on the whole matter and only reported when things got a bit heated.
And now after 8 years MSM and America are accusing the Russians for destabilizing Libya for just sending their own forces to try and stabilize something that America's govs both the left and right failed or doesn't want to do for the past 8 years?

US says Russian troops are destabilizing Libya

Russia has deployed military forces to Libya that are "de-stabilizing" the North African country, a top State Department official warned Tuesday. David Schenker, the State Department's assistant secretary for near eastern affairs, told reporters that Russia is deploying troops in "significant" numbers to support Libyan Gen. Khalifa Haftar, whose Libyan National Army launched an April offensive to seize Tripoli from the UN-backed Government of National Accord.

"Russian regulars are being deployed in significant numbers to support the LNA," Schenker said, describing their presence as "incredibly destabilizing." The presence of the Russian troops "raises the specter of large-scale casualties among the civilian population," Schenker said.

The US has become increasingly vocal about its opposition to Russia's presence in Libya, believing Moscow is seeking to establish a position there in part to challenge NATO's southern flank.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
After 8 years and half both American govs under the Obama and Trump admin both admin had being supporting and backing Government of National Accord, an GNA an puppet gov that is being and coordinated by the UN.

Its a rare admission that the American officials are treating Libya a southern flank. A southern flank which NATO themselves destabilized and now NATO countries are still not even trying to stabilize Libya. And are now accusing the usual boogeyman for something that the NATO countries failed to achieve anything in 8 years?

If America and NATO really cared about NATO's Occupation forces in Libya "southern flank" why haven't NATO countries done anything to stop the chaos? the human smugglers smuggling African migrants into Europe?

Does NATO have something to hide?

edit on 28-11-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Russia is after Ukraine so destiblilizing anywhere else is of no consequence.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Russia is after Ukraine so destiblilizing

If anyone was after Ukraine destiblilizing efforts that would be America and its regime change on Kiev 2014 remember that?
Its always easy to blame Russia for everything that America does the best first and that's arming a population and then supporting opposition to take over the country.

When it comes to Slavic Affairs i know them well.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   

And just like your American govs do it best in Iran and Hong Kong to.
Pretend and Push of this so called "Freedom and Democracy" when in reality its all about control.

Without Russia there wouldn't be an Ukraine today. Ukrainians are the same slavs as Russians. Your American govs in the past have always used the Baltic's and Ukrainians agaisnt the Russians for geopolitics reasons.
The same can be said about the Balkans and Kosovo.

Please don't come out claiming that America's govs cares about the Ukraine or its people. When your own govs don't care about your own people what makes you think that the American gov would care about others?

Another Note Soros himself had admitted in a interview that the protests in Kiev in 2014 were already place by his organizations that were already set up years ago in terms of protest movements and organizations that removed the democratic elected gov in 2014. Because of the EU treaty opposition.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox

Well pretending and pushing [x] when in reality its all about control.

Welcome to any government anywhere.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Error hitting reply.
edit on 11/28/19 by Ksihkehe because: Error

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Our government is not the least bit reliable as a source of information.

They literally lie about everything.

Not to mention the incredible hypocrisy.

It was the US and NATO which destroyed Libya, dropped 30,000 bombs on one of the most prosperous nations in the region.

edit on 28-11-2019 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Let's be completely fair, The Russians were open to being friendly if a bit two faced, the same can be said of our side from there perspective (and the rush of western company's to virtually strip mine there economy for western share holders before the rise of the equally corrupt oligarch's must have left a very bitter taste in there mouth's) BUT there were elements both east and west as well as other power players like China that did not see this as in there benefit, in the west the MIC need's constant war or at the very least constant threat in order to make money and keep itself in power, in Russia Vladimir Putin is very much the exact counterpart a former KGB officer though perhaps not a field agent whom lament's the break up of the soviet union and the diminished global status this brought to his nation and he also want's communist era like control over his nation but with all the benefits that free economic's can bring.

Now there is no smoke without fire, Resources, Oil and mineral are all factors, Russia it so happens is already rich in most of these BUT it can gain power by controlling portions of the rest of the world's access to them the same as China with it's rare earth minerals.

But is that what Russia is actually doing because it does not actually look that way to me, Russia already had a vested interest in the well being of there long term regional ally Syria including a Russian naval base that has been there since the cold war and the west entering that country was undoubtedly a provocation to them.

So it's about POWER, MONEY and access to financially beneficial resources and regional political control and NOT about you or me or some guy in Russia whose only difference between you me and him is where he was born.

It's a game of power and all sides in this game are Corrupt, oddly though while during the cold war we were the good guy's I am no longer certain that is the case.

edit on 28-11-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Do you know why Russia decided to take back Crimea?

I will give you a hint. There are 3 reasons. And no it was not for the people.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I think you guys are a bit off. Putin was originally a fan of the west. He thought partnership was the way to go, and caught a lot of flac in Russia for his seeming subservience to the west. It was some time before he became disillusioned. As to him wanting to remake the ussr, and to take back all the lands they lost, that’s not logical, and I’ll tell you why. Russia’s position has dramatically strengthened under Putin’s rule over the last many years. Russia has diversified and stabilized, and the longer they are left alone the stronger and more secure they are becoming. They know it, and we know it, and my expectation is that Putin would like nothing more than to be left to their own devices long enough to achieve parity, which they would at some point extrapolating from both their trajectory up and our trajectory down.

However, we have constant machinations around the world to try to block anyone’s achieving parity. Right now this is largely focused on Russia and China. We do this by trying to tighten nato around them, and by trying to overthrow govts willing to work with them or ally. I largely think Russia’s preference would be non interventionism as they continue to consolidate, but we take that choice away from them when we attack their allies or trade and political partners.

Would Russia be in Libya if we hadn’t destroyed it? Would Russia have “invaded” Ukraine if we hadn’t supported a coup there? Would he have been in Syria if we hadn’t fomented a revolution there? My answer is no to all of them. I also expect he wouldn’t have been in Georgia if we hadn’t helped sakhashvilli to power, and supported his aggression against his own people too.
edit on 28-11-2019 by pexx421 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
They most likely are.

And it's not a coincidence Russia,China,Iran just announced their joint war game.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
the US says another country is destabilizing another country and they're concerned..! LMAO 😂😂🤣

the US is in the 'other' bullet point in the description of destabilizing in the dictionary...and a picture of the flag.
edit on 28-11-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

And did you know NATO wanted to build a naval base in Crimea? did you hoenstly thought that Russia would just stand there and do noting but watch as NATO is slowly creeping upon their borders?

And no it was not for the people.

haha you hoenstly think and believe that America's gov and NATO alliance give a crap about the people?

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Control in both Ukraine and Libya, is for Russia, about naval strategy.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345

No difference for America, America wanted both Ukraine and Libya and Syria to eliminate both Russia and China of the med sea but they failed.

For Russia's reasons Ukraine its a historical connection. Americans need to stop meddling in places where they have no historical connections.

I am a slav so i know alot about these Slav issues.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Agreed, For anyone active in these regions, it's all about access and denial of access.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It not just Russia and USA at it, everybody is going around destabilizing foreign states. If any body makes any sense at present it's Syria's President Assad when comparing te French army uninvited in his independent country and imageining Syrian Army deploying in France similarily uninvited
www.rt.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The Russians should of gone there and stopped Nato overthrowing Gaddafi.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
there is little they can do that will do more damage than Nato did when they destroyed the previous regime.

If they can stabilize part and stop the slave auctions and jihadists... I say go for it.

new topics

top topics

join