It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canned gravy is evil!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

How come food is so cheap down there.

Where are you???

North Pole? Santa's workshop maybe?

edit on 11/29/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Where are you???

It’s called Canada. Don’t need to stretch your imagination much to figure it out.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Its actually good to mix a good canned gravy w the real stuff. But w no msg or fake sh..

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Ha.. now the food snob is judging the OP for the cherries he chooses 😂.. priceless.

Hey, by all means, enjoy your high fructose corn syrup 'cherries' and ignore the real ones that are a thousand times better.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Here is where I will say stale bread is stale bread, what matters is where that broth comes from for the savory flavor as you make your stale bread paste. Drying it back out on the stove or in the oven doesn’t make a whole lot of difference either. You can add whatever spices and celery you want either way for desired taste.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Where are you???

It’s called Canada. Don’t need to stretch your imagination much to figure it out.

Well there's your problem. Y'all are paying for free health care, not just eating.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I was actually kidding, but I guess the humor went over like a sleigh with no reindeer.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I was actually kidding, but I guess the humor went over like a sleigh with no reindeer.

Well that’s what happens when you try to be funny and aren’t.. people take you seriously. 😆

Some people try way too hard to impress others with lame humour, just so they can try and fit in with the other members with equally lame humour. I don’t find food shaming people who buy canned gravy particularly funny.🤷🏻‍♀️ Have fun with that FCD.

ETA: This does not mean all members have lame humour.. just some.
edit on 29-11-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Well, that's what happens when you try to look so smart, but you really miss the whole point...people make jokes, which might relate to something in the thread, but which go right over your head.

In this case, a person made a thread jesting about canned gravy. Personally, I don't care what kind of gravy a person likes and have stated as much. You seemed to take great offense to the subject as if it was some great injustice, when it was just a joke.

Now here comes the joke part, so pay attention...(there might be a quiz)

In essence your posts seemed like those of an grumpy, angry, elf in Santa's workshop in the month leading up to Christmas (also a holiday, btw). So naturally it follows, when you inquired about the low food prices "down there", one might wonder where a grumpy elf who might be paying higher food prices "up there" lived, hence the joke.

Sincerely,
Lame Humor Members United

ETA - And, I even gave a second hint in my second reply, but still...vrrrrooom!...right over your head.
edit on 11/29/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Sincerely,
Lame Humor Members United

I eat children. But never with canned gravy because I'm a food shaming food snob.

edit on 29-11-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

In this case, a person made a thread jesting about canned gravy.

Jesting hunh ? Here is the OP again.. show me where I missed the humour.. and prove to me it was no put down of canned gravy buyers... because that’s a load of back peddling rubbish !

Yeah you heard me... Canned gravy is evil... Right along with boxed mashed potatoes.. So is canned cranberry sauce and it's evil jiggle ska-plop as it exits the can. Boxed stuffing deserves its own thread... A thanksgiving tradition in my house is 7up, vodka and a little maraschino cherry juice with cherry. As a kid in the late 70s that was a holiday staple at grandma's house and yours truly was the bar tender. Well as I was perusing the fridge I noticed a lack of cherries and we just can't have that...so off I go to Wal-Mart...woof...that was an adventure.. Anyway..ranting here... I couldn't believe the amount of canned gravy in carts....what The hell! That crap is nasty and making real gravy from the turkey drippings is so damn easy.. Make a roux... Boil some potatoes too... Mashed "real" potatoes and homemade turkey gravy people!!! Oh the wasted drippings make me sad....ugh... Rant over....

So basically it was a lame thread to judge canned gravy buyers wrapped up in lame humour.

And yes FCD, I get a little disappointed and cranky at times because people’s attitude about certain things is so lame in my opinion. But I will continue with my honest opinions, even if they are squashed.🤷🏻‍♀️ I don’t care if people here think I have no sense of humour.. people in my life know I do.😉

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Ha.. now the food snob is judging the OP for the cherries he chooses 😂.. priceless.

Hey, by all means, enjoy your high fructose corn syrup 'cherries' and ignore the real ones that are a thousand times better.

I don’t buy the cherries.. so boo on the assumptions. Just another example of lame judgements.🙄

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Naw, use the little ones for bait to catch bigger ones, but only after using canned gravy to chum the waters first. Works great! Little ones are too bony and don't have enough meat on 'em.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You are wrong..
I wrote the damn thread as a joke and everyone but you thinks it's funny.
You have that right of course but stop trying to tell everyone else what they find humorous.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

You are wrong..
I wrote the damn thread as a joke and everyone but you thinks it's funny.
You have that right of course but stop trying to tell everyone else what they find humorous.

You wrote it as a rant.. and you can’t speak for ‘everyone’.. because everyone hasn’t commented.
I didn’t come across as humourous to my RL friends.. and they seemed to think it was condescending.

Before you say my friends have no sense of humour, which you probably will, I guarantee everyone that they do. But they can’t be fooled by back peddling on humourless criticism.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I don’t buy the cherries.. so boo on the assumptions. Just another example of lame judgements.🙄

Sure you don't. It's okay though, not everyone has the best taste in food or ingredients like FCD and myself.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Naw, use the little ones for bait to catch bigger ones, but only after using canned gravy to chum the waters first. Works great! Little ones are too bony and don't have enough meat on 'em.

That makes sense, the parental units come searching and then you have them as well. I like it.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Before you say my friends have no sense of humour, which you probably will, I guarantee everyone that they do.

We would never say that. What I do want to know is if any of them are visible?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Before you say my friends have no sense of humour, which you probably will, I guarantee everyone that they do.

We would never say that. What I do want to know is if any of them are visible?

Haha.🙄... just the ones in heaven aren’t visible.. but you should be grateful they pray for you and your kind everyday. 😁

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Haha.🙄... just the ones in heaven aren’t visible.. but you should be grateful they pray for you and your kind everyday. 😁

Thanks, but I don't need the prayers. The people who really do need the prayers are canned gravy guzzlers. Those people are going to Hell and rightfully so.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join