It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canned gravy is evil!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Jar of gravy beats a PACKET of gravy any day of the week. But if you absolutely must try it, buy a packet of McCormick’s at least. No sense dying over powdered boiled water with some generic brand.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: projectvxn

Full disclosure: I can't make gravy, but it's more lack of desire than lack of ability. We just aren't big gravy people over here.

This is authorized.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I've made it before but we use the under bird roasting space and drippings to flavor the stock veggies that we'll use with the giblets and carcass and some of the drippings to make a huge pot of turkey stock the next day.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You can add stuff to it as desired, but those three things are the base. Check the bag at the store.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22 I feel your pain, they don't even put giblets in the canned stuff. Whats thanks giving without giblet gravy! Don't even get me started on burn n serve dinner rolls.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Yeah you heard me... Canned gravy is evil... Right along with boxed mashed potatoes.. So is canned cranberry sauce and it's evil jiggle ska-plop as it exits the can. Boxed stuffing deserves its own thread...

🤔 hmmm .. yes truly evil ! Far worse than rape and murder.

It amazes me that many jump all over some here because of their views on nudity or homosexuality. We are told constantly to live and let live and not judge.

Yet.. it’s perfectly alright to call a stupid can of gravy or a box of mashed potatoes evil.🙄
Let people eat what they want to eat without shaming them !

Food is the last thing we should be judging people on, unless they are eating small children and humans.

Food snobs can be so irritating and contribute nothing positive to society except harsh judgement over food choices.
It’s a stupid can of gravy people.. that isn’t evil.. grow up !

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

(it's a joke, it's okay. . . really)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I realize the word of evil is over exaggerating, but the premise of the thread is NOT a joke.

It’s just a bunch of lame judgements on what people choose to eat. Who cares !
It truly is a situation where the live and let live attitude should prevail.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

As soon as I read Your post all the adverts turned to McCormick Ads....crazy.

Fresh Gravy Team!

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

I realize the word of evil is over exaggerating, but the premise of the thread is NOT a joke.

How about you put it where the monkey put the peanut....

It is people like you that have ruined humor...
Ironically enough ruined by people that don't have a sense of humor..

Please return to your safe space.
edit on 27-11-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

Ah traditional cranberry: water, sugar, cranberries.

My ex had a wonderful recipe had a little of lime juice and lime zest. Takes it too a different level, she also made it a day early and there was something about it sitting overnight all the flavors merging together.

As for gravy there is a little bit of an art to it, there would always be a timing issue and gravy was the last thing to be done but nobody would leave grandmother or my Mom and aunt alone long enough to make it lol. So it was usually there for the second helping and leftovers LOL.

Which is actually my favorite next-day leftovers. We got a recipe for basically a thanksgiving leftover sandwich. You can really use any bread but the key is it's supposed to be a panini but I've used wraps or pita bread to good effect or french bread, challa or a good sourdough. Slather on gravy turkey, cranberry sauce,a layer of mashed potatoes, dressing for here in the south or stuffing for northerners little more cranberry sauce and them more gravy. Just remember it's using most the ingredients as thin layers of flavor the cranberry sauce and gravy are used as condiments, recommend warming up everything a bit and then cooking as you would a grilled cheese or use your panini maker. iT IS SOOO GOOD.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Sheye

How about you put it where the monkey put the peanut....

It is people like you that have ruined humor...
Ironically enough ruined by people that don't have a sense of humor..

Please return to your safe space.

oh good grief! I have no sense of humour ? You’re just pissed because I called you out for food shaming people which is so lame... get over it... you evil man 😆.

edit on 27-11-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

People like you are why I grew up labeled a picky eater and are why fast food is so popular and why so many need size 5X these days -- they eat what they want and no one is allowed to judge them for their preferences.

You are about to earn the skippity paps.

edit on 27-11-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Give him/her a break...
My op probably hit close to home...

Canned gravy, boxed taters, stove top stuffing... Thinks red lobster is seafood...lol

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Give him/her a break...

Canned gravy, boxed taters, stove top stuffing... Thinks red lobster is seafood...lol

Have had all three, also got kicked out of Red Lobster once.. . . .

Good times. . . . gooood times. . . . .

It's about family, giving thanks, doesn't matter if it came out of a can, a box, or a tv dinner.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

People like you are why I grew up labeled a picky eater and are why fast food is so popular and why so many need size 5X these days -- they eat what they want and no one is allowed to judge them for their preferences.

oh give me a break ! We aren’t talking fast food here.. we are talking about a stupid can of gravy. Oh wow.. that will balloon people up to a 5x in no time. 🙄People like you that twist the truth to suit their narrative are why I am so cranky these days. But go ahead and judge people for what they eat if it makes your little heart feel good. I won’t play that stupid game.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Give him/her a break...

Have had all three, also got kicked out of Red Lobster once.. . . .

Good times. . . . gooood times. . . . .

It's about family, giving thanks, doesn't matter if it came out of a can, a box, or a tv dinner.

Great post 👍🏼.. and truly what Thanksgiving is about. Thank you so much for this post.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Eh, I will occasionally nibble boxed taters because I hate mashed taters in most forms, but for the most part, cooking things like gravy are cheaper when done at home. It's basically flour, meat drippings, and milk. The tricky part is just getting it to thicken properly.

Buying the canned stuff is wasting money.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

With most families liquor helps...

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Give him/her a break...

Nice Bluntone.. more assumptions. I make perfectly fine taters and gravy from scratch.. but I sure the hell won’t judge someone who has a can of gravy in the shopping card ahead of me. That sort of crap is for petty people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join