It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

File this under. . . . I told you so

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No, I’m not a leftist in any modern sense. My primary concern is civil rights and equitability before the laws.

I “defend” a lot because I challenge illogical, dishonest arguments, not because I agree with the “other side.”

And I’ll admit, I’m still maturing.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
A rock and a hard place. Work hard and get more money, just to be taxed to death. Or avoid those high taxes by living on a measly UBI.

They can't even get SS or the VA to work right, how the hell would they get all this other crap to work right?

They can't. But that doesn't stop them from promising the moon, so you'll keep them in power.

/rant

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

File this under. . . . I told you so

There no room in that file anymore, it's full...

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I can never understand why people actually think Medicare is free...much less, Medicare For All!
a reply to: queenofswords

You can't understand, because NOBODY thinks that. I mean, literally, nobody.
It's just a fake news news conservative talking point, that has no bearing on fact.

No wonder your confused.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

That should be the response for everyone voting for any one of those clowns.
a reply to: Ahabstar

And yet, they keep winning elections. Imagine that.
These 'clowns' were the last to have a balanced budget, Imagine that.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

But come on ... let’s talk in real terms unless you guys just want this to be another “hell with dems” thread.
a reply to: Gryphon66

Too late.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

Bullcrap.

The "free college", "free healthcare" just exposed the bastards trying to tax us to death.

Does AOC write your posts?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

All no, but he does seem to have quite a following.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This incentivizes single motherhood

You can take that to the state wants to raise your kid
Or
there is a advantage of having a married mom and dad, that kids of a single parent cannot compete with, so take away from the family and everyone becomes closer together, lower but closer

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: pteridine
Bernie doesn't really want to be President. That would involve work, something he has never experienced. Bernie just wants adulation for his second-class, hypocritical ideas that he flings about without thinking. Thinking is another thing he seems to have missed.
He is just background noise.

Watch out for Michelle O. Has she filed anywhere yet?

She was an embarrassment of a first lady. She'd be an utter moron campaigning.

Which is why she'll never do it.

Some people might say not-nice things about her.

You can't say anything not-nice about her because you will be labeled a racist. The media will prop her up and feed her with feel-good comments and compliments.

Her biggest issue would be going up against Trump in a debate. He'll say it like it is and the media will call him a racist when he challenges her. That won't matter though since the media already calls him a racist among so many other things. Michelle would crumble.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

I can never understand why people actually think Medicare is free...much less, Medicare For All!
a reply to: queenofswords

You can't understand, because NOBODY thinks that. I mean, literally, nobody.
It's just a fake news news conservative talking point, that has no bearing on fact.

No wonder your confused.

You are a fool if you think nobody thinks that. Yes they do. Open your ears, talk to people, learn something.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Here's some food for thought. It is very difficult, when you 100% of the panel running for POTUS on the Democratic ticket agreeing on topics like "all illegals should receive free health care in the US" and the Green New Deal, to argue they're not all Leftists in both the classic and modern definition of the term. Now throw in the fact that many elements within the GOP are actively shifting leftward as well, and you can perhaps understand why blanket labels like "Leftist" aren't incorrect when someone who is actively a conservative issues them. The nation's politics have shifted to the Left... the current President of the United States of America embraces and publicizes positions which are far more in line with John F Kennedy or Bill Clinton (during his presidency) than they are in line with Barry Goldwater or even Ronald Reagan, but the modern definitions try to paint him as "far Right." My friend, I'm "far Right" and Donald Trump represents a compromise to me, not the pinnacle of what I'd like to see running this nation.

I've accepted the fact that I'll likely not see a day when my vision is realized within the White House. I agree tremendously with Mike Pence, Tom Cotton, and Steve King are close matches to my political positions on almost all topics. There are people within the GOP who I have called "Leftists" and "RINOs" for the entire time I've been on ATS, hell if the two of us had beers I'd probably get around to calling DB a Leftist at some point. My point is, depending on the speaker rather than the listener, calling Sanders and any who would vote for him "Leftist" isn't incorrect at all... it's a matter of perspective.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Keep in mind here that I want to see all taxes go away completely, have Federal and State and local governments go back to spending only what they earn (like all of us) etc.

But come on ... let’s talk in real terms unless you guys just want this to be another “hell with dems” thread.

Says the "libertarian "
Lol
Nice try

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Apologies if it's been explained previously for we the non-USA contingent of observers but could someone explain the current US income tax and proposed changes for us?

From what's been posted already, it appears that the proposed changes are a tax-free threshold of 29k and 4% on taxable income exceeding that threshold.
Surely that's incorrect IE there must be a lot more taxation somewhere?
Here in Oz my income tax amounted to near a third of my gross income and that's only part of the story as state taxes, excise tax, sales tax, GST, medicare levy, you name it are all on top of that.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

a reply to: StallionDuck

It’s a little more complicated than “tax the rich to pay for the poor” in reality. That’s just pejorative. It’s a catch-phrase.

The middle class was beat to hell under Republican policies for the last couple of Great Depressions, Recessions, etc.

Democratic Administrations got us out of those situations.

Oh give us a break. Trump had both Chambers for 2 years. Stop with the “it’s the Democrats fault” on that crap.

You’re grossly oversimplying the matter. No one wants to “give everything for free” (except maybe Bernie) so that’s just ... not a valid argument.

At least bend a slight stitch toward the facts, eh?

educate us. Explain who has the perfect plan. Who is going to deliver medicare for all without raising my taxes. And if you are going to raise my taxes, how much?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

An INCREASE of 4%. Currently I pay about 30% of my income.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That makes more sense

Our 'medicare' is funded by a levy based on a percentage of taxable income (after all deductions & allowances are factored in). There are also thresholds on that income where we'll be charged an extra levy if not covered by private health insurance.
It's still cheaper to suffer the extra levy than to take the private cover so people keep dropping out of private cover which overloads the medicare system producing very long waiting lists in a lot of places. Basically, if you want to be treated reasonably quickly especially for things considered 'elective surgery' you have to be covered by private insurance.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

The Republican Congress when Bill Clinton was President, before that same House Impeached him? Yep, been awhile. Obama never had a budget passed the whole time he was President despite a super majority.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

OH my god. President Sanders.

*shiver*

I can’t imagine that is a viable scenario, but if it is for some reason... he will be stalemated. The Republicans will likely keep one chamber or the other (probably not both).

IF the Dems in fairly short order either drop impeachment or go for censure they may have a chance. If as I believe they are going to HAVE to go ahead with Impeachment to feed their base, then I think a sizable number of independents will go to the other side.

See look at oceans razor..he is left leaning, but I dont see bus muy in every post

Which means Trump or Trump’s replacement. Bloomberg might have a chance at buying the office ... but he’s just dull as dishwater. Worse than HRC.

Hey griff... I maybe late to the punch...but why do I always see you and your quotes belated and embedded to every political topic. .? Its like.....give at least one political topic a rest man...know you were either props from walmart or Soros...
But jesus even us wonderers whom scim the posts from time to time see you corralling and needing all attention
edit on 27-11-2019 by kingsquirel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join