It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actress And Friend Get Brutally Assaulted Leaving NY Bar Where's The MSM Coverage?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I think the fact that smollet's story included racism and political motivation got it to draw more attention. Plus i think empire is a bigger show.

It could also be social media outrage. It's possible that smollet's story just simply gathered more attention on social media than this one.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I feel like there is something tk be said about white privilege, but the right rejects any notion of it and the left blows it way out of proportion.

I think white privilege exists in various cases, but it doesn't work as a blanket statement.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I feel like there is something tk be said about white privilege, but the right rejects any notion of it and the left blows it way out of proportion.

I think white privilege exists in various cases, but it doesn't work as a blanket statement.

Oh but it does.. if you're white and get beat by black people, it's OK. Your white privilege has allowed it.

No matter what you did, you're guilty of something.

This thread proves it.

Yet when a non-specific white person with low income suffers the same, no one says a thing.. wonder how that works.. Guess WE don't have enough white privilege to make it pointable.

FK THIS SHT.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Another comparison.

A gay man walks into a bar, the macho bar tender holds his credit card, the guy asks for it back.

He's beaten and the friend he's with too, both beaten and bloodied.

Where would the media be.

Nah, it's white chicks with white privilege. We can ignore that... they deserve it, there is obviously more to the story...

sick...

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

This thread proves what? That some racist minorities thought it was okay to beat up white people? What does that prove?

You're just proving my point. You're going to the extreme and saying a ridiculous blanket statement to cancel out any rational discussion of white privilege.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

And there's a million other stories the MSM ignores.. what's your point? Im sorry for this lady, but this is really not a huge story.

Stop relying on MSM trends to showcase what the whole of society thinks...

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

And there's a million other stories the MSM ignores.. what's your point? Im sorry for this lady, but this is really not a huge story.

Stop relying on MSM trends to showcase what the whole of society thinks...

I though there was no room in our society for any type of hate, and all evil should be exposed. I though all “hate crimes” were a big deal.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny
You have to realize that this is a MARXIST/COMMUNIST/STALINIST type push on this country. No more news as we remember it. IT IS ALL PROPAGANDA NOW. They are social engineering and most do not realize it. When they have the line more clearly drawn then they will pull a Reich Stag type event and the civil war will be kick started. White Christians will be persecuted as well as he Jews. Funny how Jews help perpetuate this crap but in the end will be persecuted.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I’m betting that “the other side of the story” will be more than telling.

No police report was filed, police were not called to the scene, four people were targets of a “mob of hoods” and only one apparently was attacked or injured?

Yeah, not adding up. They’ve filed a civil case. Perhaps more facts will be made available after hearings.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Unfortunately I agree with G here.

hollywood types are not to be trusted.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Another interesting aspect is that this has ripped like wildfire (apparently it happened last Sunday night/early Monday morning) through right-wing media sites (and news aggregate site heavy.com) but no more mainstream news (even Fox News Channel).

I misspoke in my previous post. Apparently, according to the court filing, the two harmed individuals were the two ladies in the four person group. Apparently, the two men were not harmed while their wife and girlfriend were being beaten by a 15 person mob?

IF the club’s personnel/patrons did this as reported, it’s a crime, and should be treated as such. If it was racially motivated, that’s a Federal crime if that can be proven.

Again, more here than meets the eye I’d wager.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Shes an actress? what movies has she been in?

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: nataliep
Shes an actress? what movies has she been in?

Jennifer Agostini - IMDB

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

All of a sudden, 10 to 15 people jumped us,” said Stuart, claiming bouncers were among the attackers.

Having worked at a club many years ago.

I'm here to tell you.

Bouncers are # with very short fuses.

Which I very much doubt has changed that much.

edit on 28-11-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I’m betting some folks were asked to leave and didn’t want to go.

The question is, and I think it’s valid, is why there is zero coverage on any mainstream news outlet (even the network affiliates in NYC). If they vetted the story and found it lacking, it would at least make sense to page 6 it.

And, I’m sorry, writing off racist violence directed at ANYONE is harming not helping.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Even without reading all the comments, I have to say, it sure seems like there's more to this story than what was reported in the OP.

Why would the attackers say anything about their money...unless these girls taunted them about it. And why would some of the bouncers of the establishment be involved in the attack? A $1,000 bar tab is quite a bill, I wonder how hammered these two were?

Now, whatever these two girls did or said almost certainly doesn't justify a brutal attack, but let's at least report the story factually.

I strongly object to fake news, regardless of which way it goes!

ETA - And the cops weren't called???? I'm sorry, what's the real story???

Sad but really the story is no one deserves to look like that unless they brandished a weapon. It always boils down to he said she said and the odds looked stacked against White Privileged Byatchs as they walked out if nothing else. PC is making this divide possible. It should always be content of character and not color of skin.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

All of a sudden, 10 to 15 people jumped us,” said Stuart, claiming bouncers were among the attackers.

Having worked at a club many years ago.

I'm here to tell you.

Bouncers are # with very short fuses.

Which I very much doubt has changed that much.

In college my Rugby teammates started a bouncer business that took off. They asked me but I kept to my studies as I preferred books to knuckin'. Bookworm was just fine for my nickname and I wore it with honor. In the Army I was in a MASH unit. My Jody call: "I don't want to be an Airborne Ranger. I don't want to live the life of Danger!"

But I learned the crowd because I would go out to bars or music events and they would be there. I would see their work and how hard it could be sometimes that sure made me glad I was into Chemistry.
edit on 28-11-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I’m betting some folks were asked to leave and didn’t want to go.

The question is, and I think it’s valid, is why there is zero coverage on any mainstream news outlet (even the network affiliates in NYC). If they vetted the story and found it lacking, it would at least make sense to page 6 it.

And, I’m sorry, writing off racist violence directed at ANYONE is harming not helping.

It's PC nonsense. I remember BART covering up crimes because they were done by black people, and so the public should not know.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

What’s “PC nonsense” in my post that you responded to?

What crimes did Black folks commit that San Fran covered up and when?

ETA: Nevermind. Yeah, that’s BS.

BART Withholding Surveillance Videos Of Crime To Avoid ‘Stereotypes
edit on 28-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
So where was the coverage of this brutal attack on CNN, ABC, CBS, or NBC?

I guess you have your answer, she only called the New York Post and didn't file a police report. Makes it hard to report on the police blotter when there isn't one.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join