It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec 12th, 2019 UK General Election Thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Tell you what, the melt down in the graun's comments section is a sight to behold.

The mask has really slipped and the nastiness laid bare for all to see.

Happy Swinson, Umunna and their ilk got a kicking.
I feel really bad for Dennis Skinner though.
He was undone by policy set by arrogant remainers in the PLP.

I know. The vitriol is stunning.
Only a matter of time before the claims that Russia did it start rolling in

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
As if a vote cast in any election counts, it doesn't.

I disagree. Every vote counts. It's a vote for the best fit. Apathy around voting is just laziness. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
YAAY four more years of Austerity

I bet it will be more like another decade

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

If Labour had got themselves in order with a non racist non radical leader with the appeal of Blair then things would have been different.

Corbyn alienated masses of voters. He scared them away. Especially his age old Hindu branch of the party

Biggest reason will be Mr Corner Shop in the midlands and north. Our Hindu indian community is totally cheesed off with Labour, they watched as Corbyn promised to raise taxes and that ment an attack on the Hindu's who have excelled in British business. Corbyn will always keep the Muslims Pakis up north but Hindus who traditionally ally with Labour have switched over to Conservatives now they know their wallets are better under Boris, plus they traditionally ally with Britain's Jews and having seen how they were being targeted by the Commies knew they would probably be next.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If you think Boris Johnson being elected Prime Minister is good news for the ordinary, hard working, everyday British people then I think you're living in a completely different world to me.

He is going to force an incredibly bad Brexit deal on the UK.
He has nothing but contempt for the 'working class'.
He's typical of the entitled, self-aggrandising, privately educated, Oxbridge, Bullingdon Club twats who doesn't give a toss about the cares, concerns and well being of us plebs.

He has alienated many people in Northern Ireland and I think he may be responsible for Scotland actually leaving The Union.

The truly shocking thing is.....he was definitely the lesser of two evils.
God only know what damage Corbyn could have done if he'd been elected.

Great to see Jo Swinson and Chuka Umunna lose their seats.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Reply to sapien62

YAAY four more years of Austerity
I bet it will be more like another decade

The election results obviously confirm that most people don't agree with you?

edit on 13-12-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
And there is also a hashtag #notmygovernment on Twitter.
Tonight's Have I Got News For You is probably being filmed at this moment, and should be interesting.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

What are ye talking about ?

Conservative government will continue with austerity as they have done as its making them all some cash

how they can be called a conservative government when they arent anything but , I dont know .

they only thing they are good at conserving is their own lust for power and personal wealth

everyone else be damned

edit on 13-12-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

What are ye talking about ?

It should be obvious....... The people left voting for labour in their droves.

So labour's policies went down like a lead balloon with labour voters!! simples?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
A Borris/Trump united partnership could do amazing things for the West.

Brexit and a big smack down to Europe.
An amazing Trade Deal
A United front on Immigration, Terrorism and Iran

People in the UK/US should sleep a little better tonight...

Both men on face value are buffoons - but they're anything but! They're exactly what we need right now.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

What has labour got to do with me mentioning that the tories have once again seized power and will continue with austerity and budget cuts to everything ?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

What has labour got to do with me mentioning that the tories have once again seized power and will continue with austerity and budget cuts to everything ?

A) The Tories didn't seize power.......they were given power by the people (electorate)

B) Are you insinuating the voters are ignorant? and didn't know what they voted for?

The voters were fully aware of ALL PARTIES manifesto's before they voted, it wasn't

as if they voted on a blank sheet.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Hahahaha. 'seized power'.
You really don't like democracy do you?
Just accept you are a minority pushing ideas that the people of this country do not want and quit with the drama queen nonsense.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
A Borris/Trump united partnership could do amazing things for the West.

Brexit and a big smack down to Europe.
An amazing Trade Deal
A United front on Immigration, Terrorism and Iran

People in the UK/US should sleep a little better tonight...

Both men on face value are buffoons - but they're anything but! They're exactly what we need right now.

Agree.
A US/UK trade deal will be fantastic for this country.
If we can get to a point of removing tarrifs on US imports, it will open up so much choice - and lower prices- to consumers in this country that we simply don't have today.

I hope Boris and Trump put the EU to the back of the queue.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Tories run an excellent steady ship and saved us ten years ago from Labour induced Brown hell on Earth. Today is a truly legendary day, Labour demolished, markets up, majority government capable of carrying out the will of the people, stability allowing business to plan their future post Brexit. Thank the Lord the public came to their senses

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Tories run an excellent steady ship and saved us ten years ago from Labour induced Brown hell on Earth. Today is a truly legendary day, Labour demolished, markets up, majority government capable of carrying out the will of the people, stability allowing business to plan their future post Brexit. Thank the Lord the public came to their senses

Yep, Labours mess has been cleaned up. We now have a balanced budget and confidence is surging on the news that we can finally move forward.
The public were never the problem. We had traitors in Parliament that were acting against the people. Those traitors have largely been removed. The best of all last night was that awful traitor Jo Swinson, leader of the Lib Dems, who actually campaigned on killing the peoples democratic vote. She lost her seat. The leader of a party pushing an anti-democratic agenda got utterly shafted by DEMOCRACY.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

lets see in 5 years how you feel about the tory government

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

an excellent steady ship is it ?

is a steady ship one that allows its crew members to perish , because they cut back on essential ship maintenance ?
its ok I guess because they were just deck hands and not officers of her majesties navy
came to their senses , hahahaha good one

Dont talk #e , the tories will # us all over a barrell
without lube

edit on 13-12-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Totally wonderful day watching Labour crumble and a true Conservative majority government of the sane take over
As an ex remainer who does actually acknowledge the will of tge people it's now time for Boris to do the right thing and get us out of the EU. What a day, I just feel great about it! Hopefully Labour will vote in another no hoper leader plus if the Scots are allowed to leave the UK fair dos, then Labour should never ever get in again

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Have a whiskey on me Sapien

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join