It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec 12th, 2019 UK General Election Thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

Your article from the Independent about the 168 economists who are backing Labour's plans is led by an economist employed by the Labour Party! Um. The Indie really needs to to have thought the article through! He's David Blanchflower, who works in the Labour Party's Economic Advisory Committee, reporting to the Marxist John McDonnell.

Are there any really independent economists who think the Labour policies plans to destroy Britain are a good idea?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Hey James I said in another post that the 1% owners of the BIG supermarkets etc need reigning in and forced to pay a fair wage to the trollies pushers and shelf stackers to prevent the middle subsidisning their wages when the UK Oligarchs should be paying them a fair wage. Government must encourage / push this through but they all seem to be in on it with the City whether blue or red they all piss in the same pot

I get you but how can you say they're all the same? I don't know how old you are but i'm 37 and we've never had a prime minister like Corbyn in my lifetime, certainly Tony Blair's Labour party were nothing like what we're seeing today with Corbyn.

Since all we'll get form the Tories is more of the same I think Corbyn needs a chance. Incidents like those we've seen at Thomas Cook and Carillion recently, where companies have been run into the ground while the Directors have been pocketing millions of pounds in bonuses will become a thing of the past under Corbyn.

The Tories are a party for the rich and that's it, they prove it time and time again. Don't waste a vote on them if you're hoping for change.

Unfortunately under Corbyn a lot of businesses will be a thing of the past because he despises them. He is stuck in the 70s and wants to drag us all back there.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Your article from the Independent about the 168 economists who are backing Labour's plans is led by an economist employed by the Labour Party! Um. The Indie really needs to to have thought the article through! He's David Blanchflower, who works in the Labour Party's Economic Advisory Committee, reporting to the Marxist John McDonnell.

Are there any really independent economists who think the Labour policies plans to destroy Britain are a good idea?

Yes it helps when political leaders have " friends " in prominent positions.

Like Boris Johnson and The Chief Rabbi.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Economists are ten a penny and anti-Semitism is actually quite a serious issue. What's your point?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: alldaylong

Economists are ten a penny and anti-Semitism is actually quite a serious issue. What's your point?

I made my point.

Friends of political leaders can always be of help at election time.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I made my point.

Point is it doesn't appear Corbyn has any friends!!

Except for Dianne Abbott.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

He won't be asking for any favours then.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: alldaylong

I made my point.

Except for Dianne Abbott.

Given Johnson's rather complicated love life the strange obsession with Corbyn/Abbot on this site is a disturbing.

Not exclusively or even particularly you, but still disturbing.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

But in his own words he is not a fan of Jeremy Corbym. Hmmm

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

And where will the Tories take us? Back to Victorian times, with no workers rights, a bloated lower class, decimated public services and private healthcare that only a few will be able to afford.

Not for me thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   

And where will the Tories take us? Back to Victorian times, with no workers rights, a bloated lower class, decimated public services and private healthcare that only a few will be able to afford.

Um. Do you really believe what you wrote, because there is no evidence for any of that is there?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Isn't there? Well since they got in, in 2010 we've had;

Introduction of zero hour contracts

A million more people relying on food banks

500,000 public sector workers made redundant.

And Corbyn has released the documents showing what Boris is up to with the NHS. As well as Trump demanding that any trade deal that's agreed has to have the NHS on the table.

So yes, there's plenty of evidence and if we have another 5 years of the Tories, there'll be plenty more

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Corbyn/Abbot on this site is a disturbing.

It's called a joke.....a somewhat long running joke between members.
An attempt to inject some humour in a by nature very serious site.

You know, that sense of humour that we Brits are supposedly so well known for.

You're not from Edinburgh are you?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org... › wiki › Zero-hour_contract
Prior to the introduction of the Working Time Regulations 1998 and the National Minimum Wage Regulations 1999 zero-hour contracts were sometimes used to "clock-off" staff during quiet periods while retaining them on site so they could be returned to paid work should the need arise.

Remind me WHO was in power in 1998

Short memory

And Corbyn has released the documents showing what Boris is up to with the NHS. As well as Trump demanding that any trade deal that's agreed has to have the NHS on the table.

Corbyn is a desperate man trying to dig himself out of a hole.....

It is possible the US may want the NHS on the table.......its called a negotiation

It doesn't mean the UK has to put it on the table we have lots more to trade off.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Corbyn/Abbot on this site is a disturbing.

It's called a joke.....a somewhat long running joke between members.
An attempt to inject some humour in a by nature very serious site.

You know, that sense of humour that we Brits are supposedly so well known for.

You're not from Edinburgh are you?

You think this is a serious site?

Now that is a joke...

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Deadly.

Why, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

en.wikipedia.org... › wiki › Zero-hour_contract
Prior to the introduction of the Working Time Regulations 1998 and the National Minimum Wage Regulations 1999 zero-hour contracts were sometimes used to "clock-off" staff during quiet periods while retaining them on site so they could be returned to paid work should the need arise.

Remind me WHO was in power in 1998

Short memory

Corbyn is a desperate man trying to dig himself out of a hole.....

It is possible the US may want the NHS on the table.......its called a negotiation

It doesn't mean the UK has to put it on the table we have lots more to trade off.

I would have thought you would have known by now not to use Wiki as a source.

Tony Blair promised to end Zero Hour Contracts at the Labour Party Conference in...............1995.

Who was in power between 1979 and 1997? Just remind me.

www.c-span.org.../user-clip-blair-promises-outlaw-hours-contracts

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Deadly.

Why, isn't it?

This is a site where people who believe that the queen is an alien lizard who owns half the world think they can they can prove the moon landings were faked by posting YouTube videos made by a guy who failed o level physics.

And they are way more sensible than most the political posts.

So no I don't think this is a serious site.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Damn you!

After over 12years membership on this site my illusions have been shattered by one, solitary post.

I will never view ATS in the same light again.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Damn you!

After over 12years membership on this site my illusions have been shattered by one, solitary post.

I will never view ATS in the same light again.

I live to educate.

Next we need to talk about Santa.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join