It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What is Everyone Making for Turkey Day?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: ketsuko

Fresh herbs at serving... even if they had been frozen. Keeps it fresh.

That is one aspect. Hope others can think of others...

Those count too, but that wasn't quite what I meant with my reply.

I meant that you took the time remember a detail of family special to your sister a pour a lot of love into it so that no matter what else you do that day, her day will be made by that one thing alone.

I hope you have a good day today.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What about desserts!?
Pumpkin whiskey praline pie (don't @ me about the crust 😂), and Japanese pumpkin cotton cheesecake here! Can't wait

edit on 28-11-2019 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Doing a store bought key lime today, but making three mini desserts to take to extended family meal Saturday: mini pumpkin cheesecakes, pear tarts with bourbon sauce, and mini pecan tarts. My sister does the traditional pies, and she'll likely have apple and pumpkin.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Pear tarts sound amazing! Hope your shoulder is holding up well!

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

**THUD!!**

That looks AWESOME!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
And no one did the other tradition of buttered toast, pretzel sticks, popcorn and jelly beans?

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Pear tarts sound amazing! Hope your shoulder is holding up well!

I am sore and grouchy because of physical therapy, but my secret kitchen weapon is my husband. He does a lot of the cooking while I play sous chef. He's really missing my help though. There's only so much I can do with one hand.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Our turkey roulades are on the smoker. I decided to use the Weber instead of the Traeger given the temps outside are in the low 30's and headed down. The Weber is a furnace if you need it to be (best design ever). I was worried about no juice for gravy, but I've already pulled about a cup and a half of drippings out of them on the smoker grill, so we're golden for gravy...GRAVY!! (no "evil" canned gravy, mind you, but...GRAVY!!!)

The charred corn with shallots and cooked in a rough of smoked paprika with some cream cheese is coming out awesome.

And there will be GRAVY!!! Lot's and lots of...GRAY-VEE!!!!

YOW!!

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I swiped some fruit snacks from the daughter, then had some bacon and eggs. I might have 4 or 5 bowls of cheerios later. Sort of a typical day.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I just saw this thread because I was busy preparing stuff for Thanksgiving dinner. But here's what I had, (I'm a single guy):

13 lb. baked turkey
5 lb. bag of potatoes I cooked and mashed
homemade turkey gravy (over a half gallon of the stuff)
home canned green beans with bacon cut up in them
stove top stuffing
homemade Texas Roadhouse rolls
one can of cranberry sauce
homemade pumpkin pie (and homemade crust)

I'll have repeats of this dinner for several days, bringing down the overall cost. Reading what everybody fixed is making me hungry all over again!

Edit to add:
When I eat well, so does my cat. He got Thanksgiving dinner as well.
edit on 28-11-2019 by TrulyColorBlind because: Added one afterthought.

edit on 28-11-2019 by TrulyColorBlind because: Had to add in the amount of gravy. Enquiring minds might want to know.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hope you are all farting away and suffering from gut rot?

Not to forget of course the marvellous family moments spent together?

😉😉 Cheeky wink from a Brit in France.

Rennies... 😉😳😳🥺🥺

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
I just saw this thread because I was busy preparing stuff for Thanksgiving dinner. But here's what I had, (I'm a single guy):

13 lb. baked turkey
stove top stuffing

I'll have repeats of this dinner for several days, bringing down the overall cost. Reading what everybody fixed is making me hungry all over again!

Edit to add:

Cat not baked then?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Just a note to say that we had a delicious dinner yesterday. One thing was new to me, sweet potatoes cooked with peaches. When I looked at it, I wondered what will that taste like. I was pleasantly surprised... they were very good.

My Alzheimer’s addled mom made an awful face after she tried the pumpkin pie and said it tasted terrible. Teo minutes later, I looked over at her and she was eating it up, saying about how good it was.

Finally, my sister was very happy with the gizzards, and to get her dish back. She sent me text last night saying that you wouldn’t need teeth to eat them.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Isn’t there traditionally a rather large lunch on La Toussaint?

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Isn’t there traditionally a rather large lunch on La Toussaint?

Nope...

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Just a note to say that we had a delicious dinner yesterday. One thing was new to me, sweet potatoes cooked with peaches. When I looked at it, I wondered what will that taste like. I was pleasantly surprised... they were very good.

My Alzheimer’s addled mom made an awful face after she tried the pumpkin pie and said it tasted terrible. Teo minutes later, I looked over at her and she was eating it up, saying about how good it was.

Finally, my sister was very happy with the gizzards, and to get her dish back. She sent me text last night saying that you wouldn’t need teeth to eat them.

OoOOOOER....

No teeth....

Wicked mum👍👍👍

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Nope. You seem to be laboring under the delusion that turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes are very rich foods, but they're not.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

13 lb. baked turkey
stove top stuffing

Edit to add:

Cat not baked then?

He was just shaken, not stirred.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join