It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global temps to rise 3.2 C by 2100 unless emission cuts triple

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

If Australia's forest management is like California's, then it's no wonder. They're so busy preserving; they forgot that fire is a part of the process so when it happens it's much, much worse then it would be with regular burns.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If I were you, I’d start to panic.

I'm too old to panic.
I'm angry about the future of my children!

Dicking idiots around, trying to tell that "nothing has changed, all is going well, don't think about the future!"

Nothing is save, nothing is fine

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If we work hard and try maybe we can get it done earlier.

Perfect. I've turned the efficiency setting on the basement crematory to 'screw it'.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Did you just say
"How dare you?"

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Start paying more in taxes.

That should solve everything.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

No one I know says nothing has or will change. Where I am sitting used to be covered by a mile of glacier, so I'd be stupid to think that. What we dispute are the reasons behind any changes, and the validity of paying taxes as a means of controlling the hypothetical global thermostat because, like it or not, that is essentially the solution as proposed:

1. Pay taxes to bureacrats

2. ?????

3. Turn down global thermostat

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
On the other hand there is the REAL climate change, which is now swinging over to the cold side. The recent almost total lack of sunspots has some people fearing another Little Ice Age. The last warm cycle peaked about 2000, as those of us who have read "A Roadmap of Time" have been expecting since 1975. America is already experiencing crop failures from cold weather at harvest time. Store food, not carbon, I say!

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It's going to snow in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving that will make a record 2 years in a row

I'm shure we could get 10 feet across the entire southwest and they would still blame global warming ... I mean what good is a problem if you cant tax it away

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I read a story the other day where analysis of ice core samples showed that warming of the planet always precedes a rise in CO2 levels. In other words, the exact opposite of what the hysterics are screaming.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Alternative energy solutions already exists. The problem many politicians on the liberal side only think on profitable from this nonsense.
Why look at the Carbon taxes what benefits do people gain from them? none. The earth? 0.
edit on 27-11-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Australia???? I hope you all know Aboriginal people have been using fire for centuries to clear the under brush. In fact there are certain trees in Australia that only survive and propagate after a fire.
Is the planet warming or cooling?? That's why it's not global warming now, it's climate change. Which in affect, really, covers both scenarios so the climatologists are in a win win situation and you can't argue against them.
And I'll say it again, how can making people pay more money change the climate?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This is probably why Trump wants to buy Greenland and Elon and Bezos want off planet.
edit on 000000110146111America/Chicago27 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This whole CO2 angst is reaching stupid levels I never dreamed of.

Here, they introduce a CO2 tax.

They cut back on nuclear, coal and other fossil fuel for electricity in a blind haste. At the same time they try to force-ban the combustion engine and replace it with electric ones.

Where is the energy supposed to come from then?

At the same time, China, India they all build coal and nuclear plants in the hundreds each year. Yet we Germans torture ourselves. We ruin our great infrastructure and industry with such stupid nonsensical hasty decisions and laws.

Do NOT get me started on the 130 km/h limit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join