It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WoTC Author Apologizes Over Not Making Characters In Gay Relationship

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Once again the LGBT/Outrage mob had threaten quite possibly and demanded a game designer and game studio to bend over and apology for not representing and adding of gay characters into their game.

Honestly in the gaming community there are a majority of gamers who would never play characters that have gay relationship but for the LGBT/Outrage to demand and insult, threaten developers for not having gay characters you are hurting the game community and the LGBQ community.

I will give you one example. There are a number of Asian games that anyone can buy on steam that represents their culture and many of its characters in those are also straight character.

But for some strange if a video game is made by a Euporean/American the 1% of the population demands for you to apology and bend over to their demands to make their characters?

edit on 27-11-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Outrage! Thank God there are no dudes who play using female avatars.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Is there any amputee characters in the game?
How about burn victims?
Any other disfigured characters 'born that way'?
Any on crutches or in a wheelchair?
Have to include everybody you know.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There seem to be many that took an arrow to the knee....

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Are the characters having sex in these games? Pixels are not gay or straight, they are just animations.

I’m fine with taking sex out of all media. Do we really need to know what goes on behind closed doors when we play a game or watch a show? Do we really need to know the sexual preference of any make believe character?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
When the loonies finally get the society they're whining and throwing tantrums for it's gonna be hard to have much compassion for them when they realize how much it really sucks.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I love the concept of story driven. The dramas behind the scenes can really drive a game, but I hate this modern trend of thinking that we have to create a stories for the sole purpose of being "woke" and for no other reason. It's painfully obvious that when something swaps to wokeness, the story quality almost always takes a nose dive because writers must pander and hamstring their stories to play nice to the PC agenda crowds who squeal at every "problematic detail". It has given us the era of the Mighty (boring) Mary Sue among things as feminists attempt to recreate the hero's journey with an all powerful female character who can't be challenged in any real way because that would show she has actual weakness a interrupt the girl power mythos, for example.

Shoe horning in characteristics on characters just to shut up the minority leads down that path.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: ChefFox

Outrage! Thank God there are no dudes who play using female avatars.

How do you know who is using what, though? Are they out demanding it in public in a fit of outrage?

Or does what happens behind a distant screen, simply stay behind a distant screen, in this case..

These petulant children of the cornhole need to be spanked and told not to throw their toys.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If LBTQ people want representation in games why don’t they as a group form companies and create their own games? I don’t understand how such a small subset of the population gets to demand representation in works of fiction they didn’t help create? They expect to be included in to everything now. Movies, video games, commercials, advertising, etc

They have their own network and shows and expect me to always be aware of their existence. We get it! It’s like they are trying to create a culture war where they are considered the default and straight people are the minority.

I don’t blame them for wanting representation within society however video games got ruined the second they took fantasy out of the equation. Ps it wasn’t just the LGBTQ people who did that I’m looking at you ladies.

Most of us guys are not 6’3 and in our spare time body builders with extremely handsome faces who are trained weapon experts. You don’t hear fat guys wanting to be represented by fat video game characters or short guys wanting to be represented by short characters. That’s the whole damn point of fantasy and video games it’s not you!

It’s who you want to look like or have the skills of etc. we don’t try and become the character because they are not real! We don’t hold ourselves to that standard because it unattainable. Even if a guy was 6’3 a trained weapons expert and was extremely handsome with body builder type body chances are they are not playing video games.

The fact that women had been extremely proportionate in all the right places should have been a damn selling point! Think of it like a filter on one of the stupid photo apps- your face isn’t that thin, your skin isn’t that clear and your teeth are not that white, your eyes are not that color! But that’s ok however a cartoon version of a big Boobed women in a video game is somehow sexist.

To the LGBTQ crowd what the hell kind of video games need sexual orientation unless it’s a game about sex? Most games are first person shooters and fighting games just pick a player and pretend they are gay or actually a guy who looks like a woman etc.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Veryolduser

Don't blame us women. It's only the crabby ones who think female avatars are being raped by the men who play them if they're attractive or something. I'd bet most of those whiners don't even play. Ticked me off when there was no way to play an attractive woman in Andromeda ... not easily. There are ways to create fugly in games, but you shouldn't be forced to because ... PC.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
How do you know who is using what, though?

110% of female-avatar'd players are dudes weeb'ing as anime chicks. The gays shouldn't be taking away this safe space from anyone, especially dude bros acting gay.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I love the concept of story driven. The dramas behind the scenes can really drive a game, but I hate this modern trend of thinking that we have to create a stories for the sole purpose of being "woke" and for no other reason. It's painfully obvious that when something swaps to wokeness, the story quality almost always takes a nose dive because writers must pander and hamstring their stories to play nice to the PC agenda crowds who squeal at every "problematic detail". It has given us the era of the Mighty (boring) Mary Sue among things as feminists attempt to recreate the hero's journey with an all powerful female character who can't be challenged in any real way because that would show she has actual weakness a interrupt the girl power mythos, for example.

Shoe horning in characteristics on characters just to shut up the minority leads down that path.

Who still plays games with story’s? Most of the popular online games are call of duty, fortnight, overwatch? Overwatch has gay characters and random ethnicity characters and it’s a first person shooter? Why? Nobody is playing the damn campaign.

Ps this is me agreeing with you partly the campaign games with character driven storylines are primarily the focus for the LGBTQ agenda and that’s why that industry for those type of games suck now.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

It's why you have to go indy. The outrage mob has bigger fish to fry.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm a Christian. I demand that there be a character in game who is an evangelist, peaches the Gospel and mediates reconciliation and peace between characters within the game who are in conflict with one another.

Let's see how that goes over...

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

That would be a really lame FPS. Shooting people with love and forgiveness is not nearly as much fun as with a Barrett .50 rifle.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
As a player of MTG, I'll say this, I don't think anyone who actually plays the game gives a crap that any character is LGBT. Most that play just don't pay attention to the story aspect and are only concerned about the mechanics of the game. I may be an exception as I do own all of the books and follow the lore fairly closely. That being said, I'm bi, and at no point in reading the lore do I take any exception that none of the characters are bi. They have interesting back stories, varied character flaws, etc. and the lack of mention of sexuality (since this was originally marketed as a kids game), does not impede that story at all.

What happened to the fan-fic community? That's where, if you felt X character was some way, you could write that yourself and in your head you had the character you wanted. Let the writers do the characters the way they envision them, and if you don't enjoy that, write yourself a character the way you want it.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
...the 1% of the population demands for you to apology and bend over to their demands to make their characters?

Thank you. You made me giggle.

The rest of your post. Who cares? Let them have gay characters and story lines. Why does that bother you so much?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

originally posted by: ChefFox
...the 1% of the population demands for you to apology and bend over to their demands to make their characters?

Thank you. You made me giggle.

The rest of your post. Who cares? Let them have gay characters and story lines. Why does that bother you so much?

Whose story is it? The author's to create or the people who read it? Why should an author apologize for not writing a story a certain way because the readers fantasized that a character might swing a different way sexually? It's not their character or their story to write.

That's why I care.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Not so much in. Magic.

Normie

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Don't blame us women. It's only the crabby ones who think female avatars are being raped by the men who play them if they're attractive or something. I'd bet most of those whiners don't even play. Ticked me off when there was no way to play an attractive woman in Andromeda ... not easily. There are ways to create fugly in games, but you shouldn't be forced to because ... PC.

I’m not blaming you personally but I will say that some blame needs to be applied to women on this. Why is it the crabby ones always seem to have so much power to screw with stuff.I’m not trying to generalize here but the equivalent action should be like a group of men wanting fair representation in movies like 50 shades of gray and ruining the movie for women because it sets unrealistic standards for men. Instead of 20 year old 6’1 model looking , ceo billionaire which isn’t really fair or realistic how about a 5 foot 6, slightly balding and slightly overweight 50 year old male?

Or the vampire love story shows or movies having over weight vampires? Maybe a short vampire guy who is funny and nice instead of the bad boy imagine that men try and mimic which is unhealthy and leads young men to poor decisions or jail? Why are these vampires so ageists? Where are all the elderly vampires?

Maybe the handmaiden tale gets revamped and the story flipped about females being ruthless dictators hell bent on mans slavery?

Maybe we start attacking these gay movies like the one about Elton John or Queen and add into the story some random love story about their straight assistant and how he finds his girlfriend to Make it fair.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join