It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC says her policies are not 'free stuff': 'I never want to hear that term again'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Ha, right. I’ve only been working in hospitals twenty years. I’ve worked in almost all the ancillary positions, from medic to surgical tech to cna to psyche tech, ortho, internal med, and now I’m in imaging. I have a very clear understanding of what almost all patient care positions in the hospital entail. I’ve done everything you do, from the intakes and histories to giving meds, orally, iv and Im, to inserting chest tubes, intubations, and suturing people up. Mental health to geriatrics to peds. I’ve personally performed cpr a hundred or so people. You don’t have to inflate what your job entails. Nobody is saying it’s not a real job. You work, we know that. And it’s hard work. But the vast majority of what you learn in school is stuff you will never use. And, like most jobs, the vast majority of the stuff you DO use you learn on the job.

You also said you can work as an RN with nothing more than being a medic at the VA. You told me what you think a nurse does, you have no clue, none of what you posted has anything to do with core nursing roles, most of what you posted are things that can be passed off to support staff. Any nurse who is passing meds as you described is at risk for jail time, and one was just recently charged with murder for it. You just have no clue, sorry to tell you.

I don't know why you like to keep going off on these tangents, I guess it's a distractor after your silly comments about schools with high dropout rates paying teachers less.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: pexx421

What schools? Are you replying without even knowing what the topic is? If you don't know what the schools are how can you say they don't pay teachers well enough?

The topic was about “free stuff” social programs in general. It wasn’t just specified to mean education.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Ha, right. I’ve only been working in hospitals twenty years. I’ve worked in almost all the ancillary positions, from medic to surgical tech to cna to psyche tech, ortho, internal med, and now I’m in imaging. I have a very clear understanding of what almost all patient care positions in the hospital entail. I’ve done everything you do, from the intakes and histories to giving meds, orally, iv and Im, to inserting chest tubes, intubations, and suturing people up. Mental health to geriatrics to peds. I’ve personally performed cpr a hundred or so people. You don’t have to inflate what your job entails. Nobody is saying it’s not a real job. You work, we know that. And it’s hard work. But the vast majority of what you learn in school is stuff you will never use. And, like most jobs, the vast majority of the stuff you DO use you learn on the job.

You also said you can work as an RN with nothing more than being a medic at the VA. You told me what you think a nurse does, you have no clue, none of what you posted has anything to do with core nursing roles, most of what you posted are things that can be passed off to support staff. Any nurse who is passing meds as you described is at risk for jail time, and one was just recently charged with murder for it. You just have no clue, sorry to tell you.

I don't know why you like to keep going off on these tangents, I guess it's a distractor after your silly comments about schools with high dropout rates paying teachers less.

Sorry, man. Your reading comprehension ain’t great. Nowhere did I say that schools with high dropout rates have teachers that get paid less. I said money would help our education system and that offering better pay to teachers could draw a better talent pool of teachers. I think the same about police. And no, teachers don’t all get paid the same. It’s largely based upon the tax base in their area.

As to nurses.... you can’t pass off med admin to support staff. Or intubations or cpr or catheterization. Wtf are you talking about? And when I left the military in 05, medics could absolutely work as nurses in state facilities.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

And I didn’t say rn. I believe it was Lpn.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Your streak of being wrong continues. You said RN.

Also could do the same for college. They taught us in the military everything we needed to be medics in 9 months. We did all the things nurses do and more. Don’t need 4-6 years of crap they teach in college for rn, most of which they’ll never use, for a job that largely a monkey could do.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

How so? The patriot act is garbage 1984 leglislation.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Your streak of being wrong continues. You said RN.

Also could do the same for college. They taught us in the military everything we needed to be medics in 9 months. We did all the things nurses do and more. Don’t need 4-6 years of crap they teach in college for rn, most of which they’ll never use, for a job that largely a monkey could do.

See, and theres your mistake. I said you don’t need the 4-6 years of school they require to be an rn. Which you don’t. And I stated that military medics can, or could last I looked into it, be nurses in state hospitals. Lpns are nurses. What’s the functional difference between the majority of rn’s and lpn’s? $10 an hour. Nothing more.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
And, like I said. For a decade, untrained people, who had never gone to school, were working in hospitals as rn’s all over the nation with diplomas ordered online from fake universities. Says enough. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not downplaying the importance of your job, but it’s not terribly skill based.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

My sweet bride is an RN and I'm calling your post bullcrap.

You do not have any idea of what you're talking about.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: neo96

How so? The patriot act is garbage 1984 leglislation.

Actually it's 1978 garbage by Carter.

Named the Foreign Surveillance Intelligence Act.

But we don't really care about that do we?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sure guys. I’ve only been working in the medical field 20 years.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

And you've never heard of Joint Commission or CMS surveys? How about a big word like "credentialing"?

Still calling bullspit.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

And you've never heard of Joint Commission or CMS surveys? How about a big word like "credentialing"?

Still calling bullspit.

I’m not even sure what you’re trying to say. Why would I have not heard of jcaho? Are you saying we didn’t have thousands of people working as rn’s with no degrees?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

I think you're talking feces.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

It was all over the news in 06. We had several nurses on our unit never show up again after it broke. Hm. Weird that you wouldn’t recall. But I guess if you don’t work in the field it probably wasn’t terribly relevant to you. At any rate, it definitely happened.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

It was all over the news in 06. We had several nurses on our unit never show up again after it broke. Hm. Weird that you wouldn’t recall. But I guess if you don’t work in the field it probably wasn’t terribly relevant to you. At any rate, it definitely happened.

In 06 I was working for a little outfit called US Army. Maybe you've heard of it.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Relevant, I’m sure.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Relevant, I’m sure.

Still in the medical field, only we had IG instead of JC.

Still think you're full of it, using some story from 13 years ago to illustrate a point now.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Well, don’t know what to say guys. It’s history. It actually happened.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
she's just saying these things to trigger the right, and clearly it's working!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join