It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC says her policies are not 'free stuff': 'I never want to hear that term again'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
On this episode of Ingsoc. Saying free stuff makes AOC cry.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's promise to boost federal funding for social programs should not be considered "free stuff," because they are in fact "public goods," the New York Democrat said in a Monday tweet.

Ocasio-Cortez, who earlier in the day led a Green New Deal town hall about public housing in the Bronx, said she's tired of being accused of essentially bribing voters with financial handouts.

AOC is tired of hearing the truth, people.

If you want something, and want to make someone else pay for it ?

FREE STUFF.

'Neoliberals are trying to flip the script on us'.

The only truth you will ever hear Cortez speak. SCRIPT.

I retort.

You Decide.

Please make AOC cry.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yup.

Your income,

that you earned,

through your hard work,

is public goods.

According to the bartender who "interviewed" well on the communist casting couch.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

She dug this hole for her self.

She was totally out there to get publicity, and now here she is. I'm all for bettering things like education, but when someone says the only way to do that is raise federal spending, you've lost my support.

We know how to spend, we've proven that, we're good at it. Now we need to learn how to spend it efficiently and get results.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Nah uh! She doesn't even know when she hears the truth!

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Please make AOC cry.

The United Spot were on it earlier today...

Goofy crap, but they still makes me lol..

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I hate to say it, but she's right.

None of this stuff is free, it's all going to be paid with by taxes on the middle classes.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

None of this stuff is free, it's all going to be paid with by taxes on the middle classes.

aka: Public Goods Funding

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

She's a communist.

She's an authoritarian who wants to dictate speech now.

She really is just a small-minded pathetic person.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

She's not right.

What she's calling public goods is what the 14th amendment protects.

Private property and the individuals pursuit of.

The mob can't vote themselves someone else property.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Since this was at a Green New Deal Townhall.

It fits both subjects.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

That's why she is wrong. The fruits of my labor are not a public goods, they're MY goods.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Maybe they should try improving the return on what we're already paying for before trying to sell us on paying more.

Unfortunately for some, they equate increasing federal spending to better return to citizens.... Really it just equates to more bloated federal spending waste.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
What will she do when people decide they would rather their time energy go into producing for themselves again over producing "public goods" that will never directly benefit them?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What will she do when people decide they would rather their time energy go into producing for themselves again over producing "public goods" that will never directly benefit them?

Double down.

She's a hard core ideologue that think shes always right.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Meh. The wealthy elite get more “free stuff” than anyone else on a person to person basis, and likely as a whole. At any rate, it’s interesting to me that tlaib, Omar, and aoc were among the few to vote against the patriot act. Where does trump and the republicans (and the rest of the dems) stand on that? Nothing like supporting the very people who keep stripping away your bill of rights. No programming going on there.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

At any rate, it’s interesting to me that tlaib, Omar, and aoc were among the few to vote against the patriot act.

Makes them even bigger TRAITORS to the republic.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

And?

By the way, a compound subject needs the correct verb.

This isn't about the Patriot Act, but it is about private property rights which none of the squad respect. The Patriot Act covers a different facet of our rights. Start a new thread to discuss those and who does and doesn't respect them although ladies who love PC and cancel culture are talking out of two sides of their mouths with the Patriot Act.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Start a new thread to discuss those and who does and doesn't respect them although ladies who love PC and cancel culture are talking out of two sides of their mouths with the Patriot Act.

Especially when the Affordable Care Act and it's Data Hub is an even bigger invasion of privacy.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Maybe they should try improving the return on what we're already paying for before trying to sell us on paying more.

Unfortunately for some, they equate increasing federal spending to better return to citizens.... Really it just equates to more bloated federal spending waste.

This //// I'll be glad to give more once we know the system isn't inefficient as well as corrupt. A good legislative startby restructuring the IRS and working towards a simpler taxing system for instance. Every government agency is bloated and inefficient and is designed to stay that way.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

This.

When they show me real value for what they take in learn to produce that value on a wise, sustainable budget on what they take in, I might be happy to talk about letting them manage more, but we're a long way from that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join