It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Company For Thanksgiving?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Come on in and join others who don't have any special plans. If you are lonely or not feeling very festive, or for whatever reason. Join us in here and we can keep each other company. I set a special table for everyone.

I know it's not until Thursday, but I wanted to make sure people had a place to go. So bookmark the thread and I'll meet you then.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Thanksgiving blessings to all. I am thankful for all the beautiful souls I have met here on ATS. You guys are awesome!

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Me and my folk are willing to host all who are geographically near. I do not believe that accounts to many here.
So I will keep myself available to support those without geographic family/friends for kinship on Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I give thanks for people like you. The internet as a whole is putting a lot of pressure on the kind souls that always have a good word. This year I will try to pop in here some. The internet has allowed for kindness like this to spread beyond a neighborhood or town to anywhere in the world.

Hope everybody has a good Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
Me and my folk are willing to host all who are geographically near. I do not believe that accounts to many here.
So I will keep myself available to support those without geographic family/friends for kinship on Thanksgiving.

Thank you and your post reminded me to tell everybody to be safe!

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Wonderful.

My Husband and I usually go out and dine with my Sister, her family and one of my Brothers. This year, because my Husband recently got out of the hospital, we will be home just the two of us. So I too will be here.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Thank you for your kind words Ksihkehe! Glad that you will be joining us here.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Thanks. I will be back with (virtual) food. Uh, wait. How do I insert a picture? When I click on the photo icon above, a small scrollbox comes up, but nothing in it and no way to access photo library. Coffee would be helpful.

For most of my life, I would have made all these dishes (I'll be posting) for a feast. It's still fun to go through the recipes and pictures.
edit on 27-11-2019 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Thank you for your kind words Ksihkehe! Glad that you will be joining us here.

Speedy recovery to your husband!

We've stayed home for the past few years. Travel is such a hassle.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Wishing all Americans a very Happy Thanksgiving , especially those of you experiencing loneliness or emotional pain.

Here is a beautiful Thanksgiving angel with many prayers for you , cradled in her hand. God bless !

edit on 27-11-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Aw Night Star....what a nice thing to do. For many, it's most welcome, needed and appreciated as an open door in a storm.

Thanks for that and God Bless you and yours this Thanksgiving!

Best....MS

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I have done this for years! I have always called it Dysfunctional Thanksgiving.

I cook 2 to 3 turkeys and all the fixings and sides. I open my home to anyone to anyone that either has no place to go, has no family close, or just folks that don't want to spend time with their family. This way everyone gets a good meal and a open and caring atmosphere for Thanksgiving. Sometimes there are a few people and other times I have had an army of people show up. All I know is it's a beautiful sight to see and always a blast. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!! Thanks for posting this Night Star

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

This is very thoughtful of you

I am blessed and get to spend thanksgiving with the gentleman I take care of and his family, and then get to do thanksgiving with my family on the weekend

I work with many people (I do home health care with people with disabilities) who don’t have loved ones to spend the holidays with

People just like you who have no employment or family connection to them often reach out in many ways to let these people know they are loved and people care about them, and I have personally seen that make a big impact

Thanks for this thread

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Night Star -- This is why YOU are one of our ATS Gems. And I'm so very thankful we have you.

My kids are spending this Thanksgiving with their sweeties' families, and we're making our Thanksgiving feast this weekend, so I'll probably pop in sometime too!

To everyone who will be otherwise occupied tomorrow, have a blessed and joy-filled Thanksgiving!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

Thanks. I will be back with (virtual) food. Uh, wait. How do I insert a picture? When I click on the photo icon above, a small scrollbox comes up, but nothing in it and no way to access photo library. Coffee would be helpful.

Go to the top of the page.
click on the down arrow and from those selections, click on 'upload'.
a page will come up. Click on the upload icon and then click on the 'select files'.
Your photos from your computer will come up. Click on 'open' from your photos on your computer. On ATS, click the up arrow once your pic is uploaded.

Then at any time, you can go to the upload link at the top of the page to access whatever pics you uploaded here. Click on whatever pic you choose then highlight the top choice beneath the pic. Then right click and choose 'copy'. Go into whatever thread and right click to paste. Your pic will appear.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Speedy recovery to your husband!

Thank you so much Hun! Sadly, there will be no quick recovery as he is heading towards dialysis. So prayers, positive intentions or whatever are welcomed. Not sure yet when he will need the dialysis, but it won't be that long.

I wouldn't want to travel very far for Thanksgiving either. Hope to see you here at some point throughout the day.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Beautiful Angel!

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thank you and blessings to you and your family as well MS!

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JFA13

Very kind and generous of you to open your home to others.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family and everyone who shows up at your door!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join