It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is China creating a "pre-emptive" doctrine?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
with our tech that taiwan has, we cant afford to not get involved, if china defeats them, they will have alot of new toys to play with, if they invade i bet we will be involved in a naval and air battles and some ground support like the soviets and chinese in korea and vietnam and what we did in afghanistan against the soviets.

So I guess the U.S. better now stop trying to handle something too hot (Middle East) and stick to something simpler and more straightforward, right?

A war with China can have plenty of positives for America. More than the direction America's going in right now.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Please tell your kidding, Monica.

War with China having lots of positives?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdoSo I guess the U.S. better now stop trying to handle something too hot (Middle East) and stick to something simpler and more straightforward, right?

A war with China can have plenty of positives for America. More than the direction America's going in right now.

well im suggesting limited action not war, taiwan would be in control of the limited forces sent unless they take serious damage, which we dont know how good they are in battle so it depends, im not suggesting quiting iraq, i dont want us to look weak to our enemies, if we do i guarantee north korea will invade south korea and hurt us in china, we would have to make secret deals with the terrorists and insurgents to make us look as if we won while pulling out from the whole area military wise and move to india(obvious reason, the chinese border area) im sure india wouldnt mind us being there, and south korea incase of a second korean war, gotta be careful with our military image in such a situation.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by namehere]

[edit on 10-3-2005 by namehere]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I mean, if the U.S. is so concerned about security, it should be paying attention to those that directly challenge and even threaten America's place in the world. These nations are all in the middle to east Asia, not in the Middle East.

The Middle East, after Iraq, should be left alone. There's nothing good to come from going to the Middle East and it's the one place that can easily destroy everything.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I will respond like how i responded to your other posts (in the other thread).

Middle East has OIL.
US needs OIL.
World needs OIL.
OIL costs me over $1.00 Australian now!@$@#$!!!!!$!@$@#

As long as Oil is in the Middle East, US will always pay more attention to it.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
I will respond like how i responded to your other posts (in the other thread).

Middle East has OIL.
US needs OIL.
World needs OIL.
OIL costs me over $1.00 Australian now!@$@#$!!!!!$!@$@#

As long as Oil is in the Middle East, US will always pay more attention to it.

EXACTLY my point.

The Middle East is a multi-dimensional, multi-faceted situation. It is as complicated as things get. The amount of crap that can come from the Middle East outnumbers the amount of crap that comes from China.

Not that China produces crap or anything...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The Chinese will not act "pre-emptively" they will try everything diplomatic they can, if it doesnt work they wont hesitate to go to war, but its not the first thing they will want to do...

Mainly because they do not know the extent to which the US will get involved...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I think China simply wants its old title - the Middle Kingdom - back. It simply wants to be ahead, once again, of other nations in terms of economics, territorial size, science & technology, cultural & religious legacy, and all those things they once had in ancient times.

China is growing, and it just won't stop, at least in the following 10 years. I'm very sure that it won't start a war with Taiwan. Taiwan is just not worth a war (meaning loss of money, businesses & popularity among the nations)! China has too many too many internal problems itself, eg. floods, earthquakes and those kinds of natural disasters, huge income gap and infrustructural differences between the industrialized cities & the very poor rural area, etc. It cannot afford to pay too much attention to a war with a small island.

China sees Taiwan as a rebellious brother, a black sheep in the family. But it certainly wouldn't kill it. Don't think too much about it. China's just barking, it won't attack Taiwan.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I definately agree. China may just be doing exactly that.
And present US Policy cannot checkmate China if and when they do bring Taiwan back into a provincial aspect of China. Their just to strong to walk over now.
Dallas

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
Present US Policy cannot checkmate China if and when they do bring Taiwan back into a provincial aspect of China. Their just to strong to walk over now.

Thats something the US isn't used to, it'll be interesting to see what will happenes if/when China invades Taiwan, whether the US is game enough to pick on someone closer to their size. Instead of broken down 3rd world countries for a change...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Things heating up.
Deteriorating of the situation continuing.
Brace yourselves for the ride?

BEIJING : President Hu Jintao was named China's top military chief on Sunday, promptly telling the army to prepare for war to safeguard the country's territorial integrity, in an apparent reference to Taiwan.

Chinese president named top military chief, tells army to prepare for war

NON-PEACEFUL DARK CLOUDS: Beijing should be careful not to misjudge the situation, Chen-Shui-bian said yesterday, and Taiwan may be forced to take action.

`We will not sit idly by,' president says

seekerof

[edit on 13-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Why is there a need for Taiwan to become independant in the first place?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Why is there a need for it to be apart of China?

It all stems back to WWII and Chiang Kai-shek (nationalist) and Mao Tse-tong (communist).
Communist Mao-Tse-tong took over China in 1949 and Nationalist Chiang-Kai-shek fled to Formosa/Taiwan.

seekerof

[edit on 13-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Why is there a need for it to be apart of China?

I suppose there is no need either way, but I'd rather them stay part of China - rather than try and "free" itself, get America involved, and potentionally start WWIII

Originally posted by Seekerof
It all stems back to WWII and Chiang Kai-shek (nationalist) and Mao Tse-tong (communist).
Communist Mao-Tse-tong took over China in 1949 and Nationalist Chiang-Kai-shek fled to Formosa/Taiwan.

Thanks for that, so this whole this is basically a matter of principal?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

as posted by ghostsoldier
I suppose there is no need either way, but I'd rather them stay part of China - rather than try and "free" itself, get America involved, and potentionally start WWIII

These may prove worthy of understanding the situation of "independence."
Republic of China
History of Taiwan

The 'controversy' is better explained in the second link.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Well well well, as i said, China'a just barking. Think about it, what can the Chinese people benefit from a war? And to once again tell the others (esp. to the US & Japan) the notion that "Taiwan's still a part of China."

Me too, I don't understand why do the Taiwanese leaders insist on separating themselves from the mainland. Is it because they look down on China because it's poor compared to itself? Or is it because of national identity? Or is it because they recieve some money from the US & Japan to make some unnessesary conflicts with China, in order to mess up China's domestic stability?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
Monkey see, monkey doo..

911 has been and will continue to be a boon for the defense industry.

Yeah but...

Monkey 2 see monkey 1 and say WTF have you done. There be no way that monkey 2 end up like monkey 1.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Personally I doubt that China will attackTaiwan in the near future. If for no other reason, I don't see Taiwan officially declaring independence. It would be suicide for them unless they knew 100% that America would back them militarily.

One thing is for sure though, if America did go to war with China it would certainly be a world war. Just about every 1st world country would be forced to pick a side. America would find out pretty quickly, maybe even painfully, who its allies really are. Don't forget, Bush hasn't exactly done a bang-up job of foreign policy. How many countries out there would side with China just because they want to see America "the Bully" fall?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What do 'yall think about the idea of the U.S. just keeping hold on all the jobs and goods produced in China? In other words quit relying on China to produce goods we can produce here. It seems to me to be a good way to get our budget deficet in line. In the short term, our goods may be somewhat higher for Americans to purchase, but overall I think it would stagnate China's economy. How about some feed back please?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
What do 'yall think about the idea of the U.S. just keeping hold on all the jobs and goods produced in China? In other words quit relying on China to produce goods we can produce here. It seems to me to be a good way to get our budget deficet in line. In the short term, our goods may be somewhat higher for Americans to purchase, but overall I think it would stagnate China's economy. How about some feed back please?

It's a great idea, but big business will tell you differently. The "greed" maybe too BIG of a monster to over come at this stage.

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join