It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Ink - Tattoos for kids 6 months & up!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I found this to be a trip.
They will tattoo anyone from 6 months on up.
Not sure if I would let or get my kiddo get a tattoo at that early an age.

I figure there will be alot of different takes on this subject.

Here is their mission statement....
Welcome to Baby Ink, where we believe that it's never to early to start expressing your unique personality through professional, high quality body art. Baby Ink locations are non-threatening, family friendly places where people of all ages can feel calm and at ease.

Baby Ink Web Site

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is great news. Is it for real? Has anyone been to a Baby Ink?

Humans are maturing earlier with each passing generation.

Now, 6-month olds can make a wise, fully informed choice about how they will deface their bodies.

Freedom of expression.

Yeah!

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Locations

743 Rainier Ave
Seattle, WA 98055

2301 Wellesley Ave
Spokane, WA 99205

3041 Tropicana Ave
Las Vegas, NV 98121

4101 Crenshaw Bl
Los Angeles, CA 90008

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
that's GOT to be a joke. I mean, what if the kid grows up and hates the design? my parents painted my room yellow when I was a baby, and I grew up to hate yellow. I can only imagine what I'd think of it now if my parents had gotten me a tattoo as a child.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
according to Snopes.com, it's a hoax: www.snopes.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
just goes to show what drugs do to a parents mind

they must be from NYC

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I have a few tats and see nothing wrong with it but you should at least be CONGNITIVE before you get one. Crimminy, these kids are going to hate their parents.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well spotted MC.

Another one bites the dust!

(Is it a business opportunity? Hmmmmmmm...)

Claim: The Baby Ink body art chain specializes in tattooing babies and children.

Origins: Yet another web site has sprung up for the sole purpose of shocking the unsuspecting: Baby Ink, purporting to represent "a body art chain to cater to toddlers and children" where babies as young as 6 months can receive tattoos. This one is easily exposed as a leg-pull:
The domain registration info is bogus (an address of "1234 ABC Lane" and a non-working phone number).

None of the putative Baby Ink locations listed on the web site include phone numbers, nor is any address or phone number information for "Baby Ink" available through directory assistance or phone directories in the cities named. Why go to all the trouble of operating a business and putting up a web site, only to make it impossible for potential customers to contact you? (Hint: actually listing phone numbers would have made this site too easy to identify as a hoax, so they were omitted.)

The addresses listed for the various Baby Ink locations are phony as well. 743 Rainier Ave. in Seattle is the address of a Wal-Mart store, as is the 2301 Wellesley Ave. address in Spokane. 4101 Crenshaw Blvd. in Los Angeles is a Macy's department store.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   

That looks like that kid is getting a real tattoo!

What is the legal age to get a tattoo?

[Edited on 10-7-2003 by MiStErBeLLaTrIx]

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
In every state that I have been in where it is legal (If you are an OK native, your SOL), its at least 18.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I doubt that little girl in the last picture would be lying so calmly if she were getting a tattoo. They hurt alot, especially on the lower back.

-B.

top topics

join