It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Grief!! Dumped on!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Good grief, did we get dumped on with snow!!! Holy cow!

Got about 20" of snow this morning, and then the wind picked up and we got about another 6-8", plus now we've got 5-6 foot drifts all over the place. Got the truck stuck trying to go to our barn, so I got that goin' for me. Snow blowered the upper drive, snow was 10" over the top of the blower and we've got a big 30" walk-behind blower which will blow through 24" deep snow. Took about 4 passes to get it cleared. Kind of a chore, but I love the snow!

Now to figure out how to dig out the truck. I could go chain up our skid I guess, but the doors to the barn are drifted in with about 5' drifts. That might be more work than just trying to dig it out with the snow blower and a shovel.

We got thoroughly dumped on! Just taking a break for a moment and then it's off to see if we can clear the road! This might be "fun".

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ok. So..where are you, that's a lot of snow?

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
Ok. So..where are you, that's a lot of snow?

Colorado---where snow is SO unexpected!

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
We're going to get the 40 to 50mph hour winds off the backside of that low tonight but the snow is going north of us for time being.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

80f here in florida today.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Were supposed to get around a foot with some 30 mph winds gust up to 40 to 50. I got the beast ready to take me to work in the morning. Have the go pro ready to go also. It is our first real snow and we all need to learn how to drive in it once again.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Snow may be expected out there, but you know it's a bit of a dump when it's a bit much for even Denver Int. to handle easily. As you say, it's normal for them to handle snow out there.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Well get a case of good bottled suds
and jam them in the snow.
When your done finishing of these nice
cold frosty's the snow will have melted.

Save yourself a lot of work and enjoy
Thanksgiving instead.
Have a Great Thanksgiving by the way.
I've got a 28 pounder in the brine.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I was outside today in a tee-shirt it is so mild yet the other day it was --10c

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
60 deg in Kansas today short sleeve weather

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Good to see you have a positive attitude about digging yourself out FCD.

I really hope you do have fun with that adventure !

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
We got close to a foot of snow up here this morning. Very light dry snow though, so easy to shovel. Thank. Goodness.

The wind was really blowing the stuff around for a while there and some streets are a bit slick, but it could have been worse.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I would love to see some pics guys. We dont get that much around here and have had years with just a dusting or ice storms.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: savagediver

well last year in mid december we had 12 inches on a friday or sat. unusual for us to get many pre xmas snows. It was Beautiful and Robin being from Pa. enjoyed seeing it. I let sit 2 day then had to shovel it so we could get Robin to the cancer cntr. for her to get markers done so she could get radiation on her shoulder. It turned to ice and took 2 days to clear it so to get her there. By then it was too late and she decided to just quit treatment , go to hospice to set up with a pain pump then back here with me taking care of her until she passed away.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
HOLY CRAP! I just figured it out. There are two of you (twins) using the same account!

I have a favorite neighborhood bar that I’ve been going to for almost 3 years. Every time I went there, the owner was there working his ass off. I mean morning noon and night, every freaking day of the weak. I was blown away. Then I found out 2 months ago that β€” they are freaking twins! Had me duped for over 2 years.

Alright FCD, it’s time to come clean. Cuz no one has the amount of time to accomplish what you do in a single day. 😁

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: savagediver
a reply to: savagediver

well last year in mid december we had 12 inches on a friday or sat. unusual for us to get many pre xmas snows. It was Beautiful and Robin being from Pa. enjoyed seeing it. I let sit 2 day then had to shovel it so we could get Robin to the cancer cntr. for her to get markers done so she could get radiation on her shoulder. It turned to ice and took 2 days to clear it so to get her there. By then it was too late and she decided to just quit treatment , go to hospice to set up with a pain pump then back here with me taking care of her until she passed away.

That was a sad post to read.πŸ˜” May she rest in peace.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Oh man, worked every muscle tonight! The road was ugly, probably 18" of hard pack all the way, light snow on top of wetter snow, and then ice underneath. But we got our 900' drive clear,and 100 yards past that. Neighbors are still struggling, but they've got equipment, well, some of them.

I'm tempted now to drive up the secondary County road to see how many people are stuck. I'll bet there's a bunch. Normally.

I guess I should start checking on the neighbors.

ETA...I wrote this over 4 hours ago. Then I didn't post it..

I've since gone and dug out one of our neighbors, got my skid stuck 4 times (but I managed to get out without a tow). She's a good friend of my wife, and a widow, living with her 90 year old father who's failing. I called her tonight and asked her is she was "snowbound". She said yes, but it was okay, and I asked her about Emergency Services access for her dad, (he's sick, COPD and worse). She said..."Oh, I didn't think about that!! So, yeah, if you'd come over with your skid and clear the driveway that would be "appreciated"

Oh my gosh, the snow was a lot deeper than I thought! My wife said, don't go, but how could I not go??

I plowed up more snow than I've seen in five years! Like i've said, I love snow, but this snow is crazy!

It's going to take weeks to clear out all this snow. And that's okay.

I'm happy!!!! **honest**

edit on 11/26/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

How are the cattle holding up? I hope they are okay.

That is very kind of y'all to help your neighbors.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
We are getting blasted tomorrow, here in N. Idaho.

We aren't getting the snow, but they are forecasting 35-45 mph sustained winds, gusting to 60+...

I am betting that we lose power for a few days, based upon past storms of this strength.

Then... we get a few days of really cold temps. It's gonna be a hoot.

Oh yeah... no city water here, we have a well. No power, also means no running water... additional fun. We are filling a lot of water jugs tonight...

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Why did you not just "plow with the storm"
instead of letting it amass all beyond you?
We knew this was coming so we cancelled our
flight to Denver. Here in The North East.
You must certainly have known it was on
the way.

At any rate, Cheers for your help to your neighbors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join