It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Faces Deadline As Judiciary Panel Schedules Impeachment Hearing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So the public hearing on Impeachment is being held Wednesday, Dec 4th. Nadler has decided to invite President Trump and has given him until Dec 1st to decide whether he plans to participate and announce who will represent him.

"I have also written to President Trump to remind him that the committee's impeachment inquiry rules allow for the President to attend the hearing and for his counsel to question the witness panel," Nadler said in the letter.

Continued the chairman: "At base, the president has a choice to make: he can take this opportunity to be represented in the impeachment hearings, or he can stop complaining about the process. I hope that he chooses to participate in the inquiry, directly or through counsel, as other presidents have done before him."

Funny statement considering they want him to stop complaining about the process when he wasn't allowed to be represented, call witnesses, or cross-examine witnesses the entire process.

My opinion is Trump should make a public announcement that he will not acknowledge the sham process the Democrats put together and will wait to see if it goes to the Senate where he will actually get a fair trial.

NPR

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

This might be a good chance to ask Pencil Neck a few questions. Perhaps just with his council present, I'm sure Trump has a few things on his plate.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't see anything positive coming from Trump or his counsel attending the hearing with the current state of the MSM and unethical Democrats involved.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
"Faces a deadline" to this kangaroo court? Tell them to go pound sand.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Umm.... yea...

Trump should make a public statement that Nadless can pound sand and we'll see what happens when it goes to the Senate.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

GMTA...

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

If I were Trump I'd go.

I'd bring a big bucket of popcorn, a 32 oz soda, some Twizzlers, Goobers, Raisinettes, and 3D glasses. I would snicker, cheer, boo, and belly-laugh whenever I felt like it. Whenever they called a witness, I would yell, "Bring on the whistleblower!"

When it was over I would I'd give a panning review citing the poor character development, the lack of a plausible plot, the lackluster performance of the cast, and the abysmal 3D effects.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

And when they complain, he can say, "It was either this or Tweet, and we know no one's watching this but everyone reads my Tweets."

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Since it is actually happening, perhaps "sham" is the wrong word?

Or, perhaps it has no meaning and actually the sham President of the sham United States will face a sham public sham meeting on sham impeachment on sham Wednesday, Dec 4th 2019.

Merry Shamsmas to all!

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

It's like the trial. That was a real proceeding too, but a complete sham of justice.

link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Hey, maybe we should start calling ourselves Shamans 

:

edit on 26-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Or, perhaps it has no meaning and actually the sham President of the sham United States will face a sham public sham meeting on sham impeachment on sham Wednesday, Dec 4th 2019.

Merry Shamsmas to all!

LOL...cute. You actually think he will get impeached.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Trump should definitely send his counsel.

No doubt about it. Embarrass this sht-show up front by reading Pelosi’s memo to her caucus.

Then, if anyone wants to go forward, walk out and see ‘em in the Senate.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I heard on the news on my way home that Trump has a NATO meeting. Now don't you think the Dems already no that.
www.nato.int...

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It's a trap. Trump should ignore it and I'd imagine his lawyers have told him just that. He should keep doing the peoples business while the House wastes it's time. Only if it hits the Senate does it mean anything. There are already articles saying that they may move to censure instead, since removing the President is not possible.

The polls are moving the needle towards censure since it's helping Trump right now and hurting the Democratic candidates. We Independents are not buying into it and it's showing in the polls.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Hmmm ... the aggregate at fivethrityeight.com isn’t showing that trend.

Support for impeachment is growing according to that metric.

Do Americans favor Impeaching President Trump?

Censure would be the smartest move the Dems have, which virtually assures that’s not what will happen.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Most pro-Trump experts are also suggesting the same. He should continue to denounce the process and a sham, and stay away. Let the Democrats finish destroying themselves in the court of public opinion.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Merry Shamsmas to all!

Sham on you.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Ha! This is something i tell people often. The news cycle has become so idiotic i dont usually bother to comment any longer, but that post pretty much sums up what i would say.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Most pro-Trump experts are also suggesting the same. He should continue to denounce the process and a sham, and stay away. Let the Democrats finish destroying themselves in the court of public opinion.

Just out of curiosity, what court of public opinion is that?

What metrics are you considering that show that impeachment is diminishing rather than increasing in popular opinion?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join