It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department releases detailed accounts of Biden-Ukraine corruption

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Keep telling yourself that, we elected Trump because we don't care what the Europeans think.
You may not like that but that is one of the #1 reasons he was voted in, MAGA remember.
America 1st!

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UKTruth

Shoken was the corrupt prosecutor who wasn't going after corruption whom all of the EU the IMF and the US govt wanted gone. He wasn't a personal target for Joe Biden.
No wonder he is bitter and spiteful and telling lies.
He lost his cushy job.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

You mean the much ballyhooed border wall that folks can scale in under a minute? Or cut through with a $20 saw?

He proposed an agreement substantially the same as the trade pact he got rid of.

Paris accords? LOL.

Okay you can explain how that made your life better? What has Trump done that makes your life so wonderful ?

That's not hard is it ?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Quid Pro Quo Joe and all his dirty little hostess Ho ho's scurrying around like a bunch of scared rats.

Ya Got Caught, and Ya know it.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll
Their maniacal yet fruitless efforts to nail Trump to the floor are resulting in them publicly exposing themselves and their own corruption and crimes.

They're hanging themselves with their own rope lol.

Great isn't it?

Man I can't wait till after the election.....when Trump will take the gloves off and beat them with bare knuckle iron fists. That is when President Trump will take the opportunity to make good on another campaign promise and drain the swamps....bigley!

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I may be way off base here, and I can accept if I am, but doesn't this at the very least, point to Trump asking for the whole Burisma/Hunter Biden thing to be looked at seem a bit appropriate? Like something that should be welcomed and not impeached for doing?

ETA, maybe this is why Adam Schiff almost cried the other day at the end of his little puppet show.

There are proper channels to start such an investigation. Trump ignored that and resorted to bribery instead. Testimony states that Trump didn't even want an investigation, just the announcement of one. There is also zero evidence absent hearsay, that the money sent to Hunter's firm was paid to Joe.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I do have to admit, "Quid Pro Joe" is funny as heck.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

LOL ... he'll have to stop filling the swamp to drain it.

However, good to see you guys openly advocating White House despotism finally!

Must feel good to let the statist flag fly openly.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: network dude
I may be way off base here, and I can accept if I am, but doesn't this at the very least, point to Trump asking for the whole Burisma/Hunter Biden thing to be looked at seem a bit appropriate? Like something that should be welcomed and not impeached for doing?

ETA, maybe this is why Adam Schiff almost cried the other day at the end of his little puppet show.

There are proper channels to start such an investigation. Trump ignored that and resorted to bribery instead. Testimony states that Trump didn't even want an investigation, just the announcement of one. There is also zero evidence absent hearsay, that the money sent to Hunter's firm was paid to Joe.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

You're hilarious. The evidence against Trump is hearsay, which would make this... uh, double-hearsay?

And BTW, nobody takes the "bribery" nonsense seriously. Not even Adam Schiff; he just started calling it that after he realized that nobody cares about Quid Pro Quo.

Schiff will go down in history as the 21st-Century version of Joseph McCarthy.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Schiff will go down in history as the 21st-Century version of Joseph McCarthy.

Future generations are going to watch those hearings and say 'What a #'.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Biden...Put that man in jail already..

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The holding of the loan guarantees was one in a string of attempts on the part of the US and the EU to bring Ukraine close enough to the line so that the IMF would help them. It’s completely illogical to me that Obama and the EU would have done all that to cover for Joe Biden’s son. It’s just ... unreasonable. Perhaps it’s true.

I agree that doing so solely to cover for Hunter is completely unreasonable... but what makes you think they are only covering for him?

They are covering for many, many people in the dem leadership and the DNC - as well as some republicans - that had very dirty hands with respect to money 'laundering' through the Ukraine, taking advantage of the existing rampant corruption.

This show just keeps getting better and better. Glad I invested in popcorn stocks last year.
edit on 27-11-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

Always glad to help with a factual request:
If you need more evidence points, I’ll be glad to provide.

I didn't see one word about Victor Shokin being corrupt...

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Shoken was the corrupt prosecutor who wasn't going after corruption whom all of the EU the IMF and the US govt wanted gone.

Proof? Meaning, proof of all of the complaints in the years leading up to this mess. Nothing later will suffice.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

a reply to: Vector99

Always glad to help with a factual request:
If you need more evidence points, I’ll be glad to provide.

I didn't see one word about Victor Shokin being corrupt...

That’s because the effort wasn’t directed solely at Shokin as I was trying to provide the requested background for another poster.

The United States and other Western nations had for months called for the ousting of Mr. Shokin, who was widely criticized for turning a blind eye to corrupt practices and for defending the interests of a venal and entrenched elite. He was one of several political figures in Kiev whom reformers and Western diplomats saw as a worrying indicator of a return to past corrupt practices, two years after a revolution that was supposed to put a stop to self-dealing by those in power.

New York Times, March 29, 2016

The European Union has welcomed the dismissal of Ukraine’s scandal-ridden prosecutor general and called for a crackdown on corruption, even as the country’s political crisis deepened over efforts to form a new ruling coalition and appoint a new prime minister. Ukraine’s parliament voted overwhelmingly to fire Viktor Shokin, ridding the beleaguered prosecutor’s office of a figure who is accused of blocking major cases against allies and influential figures and stymying moves to root out graft.

Irish Times, March 29, 2016

There’s two of about 200 citations. Google is your friend.

Question asked and answered.
edit on 27-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

There’s two of about 200 citations.

Both of which are after the fact.

Show all of t he ones complaining about him in the year or two prior to him being removed.

Not quite...

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

There’s two of about 200 citations.

Both of which are after the fact.

Show all of t he ones complaining about him in the year or two prior to him being removed.

Not quite...

LOL ... move those goalposts.

Shokin was in office from Feb. 2015 to March 2016.

What relevance does some earlier date than that have? I have no interest in that, I’ve provided clear evidence for the claim I made as requested by another member.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Oh, what the heck for #s and giggles ...

Mr Shokin has been criticised for what his opponents say is his inability to bring any corruption cases to court.

He has also been accused of sabotaging the anti-corruption drive officially declared by Ukraine, as it seeks to forge closer ties with the EU following mass protests that toppled President Viktor Yanukovych in 2014.

The prosecutor general - who analysts say is an ally of President Petro Poroshenko - denies the claims.

BBC - November 3, 2015

Although estimates vary, Donald Bowser, an adviser to Ukraine's National Anti-Corruption Bureau, said that "easily over a dozen billion US dollars a year" continue to be stolen from the Ukrainian state through corruption. He said much of the corruption stems from the prosecutor general's office. "It is the biggest organised crime game in town … just stone-cold gangsters," alleged Bowser.

The prosecutor general himself, Viktor Shokin - who was recently targeted in an assassination attempt - serves at the behest of President Petro Poroshenko. Shokin and the prosecutor general's office "give a legal facade to the corruption schemes", Bowser claimed.

Al Jazeera - Dec. 9, 2015

To contain rising populist sentiment and preserve Western support, Poroshenko should take the following steps:

First, Poroshenko needs to immediately fire current Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin. The United States’ Ambassador to Ukraine recently called out Shokin’s office for “openly and aggressively undermining reform,” and leading reformers in Ukraine’s parliament and civil society continue to demand Shokin’s ouster. Despite this pressure, though, Shokin remains in place.

Since he is a close ally of Poroshenko, it’s not hard to see why. Poroshenko is himself a wealthy oligarch, and in a system where prosecutors are used as weapons against opponents in business or politics, Poroshenko remains determined to maintain control over this critical lever of power. However, while Poroshenko’s seeming motivations for protecting Shokin are understandable, it’s time for the Ukrainian president to place his country’s interests above his own.

Reuters, December 30, 2016

Let me guess ... now you need it to be at least back in summer, right?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: doobydoll
Their maniacal yet fruitless efforts to nail Trump to the floor are resulting in them publicly exposing themselves and their own corruption and crimes.

They're hanging themselves with their own rope lol.

Great isn't it?

Man I can't wait till after the election.....when Trump will take the gloves off and beat them with bare knuckle iron fists. That is when President Trump will take the opportunity to make good on another campaign promise and drain the swamps....bigley!

I think Trump has had all this planned this way - he leaves 'bait' around for dems to sniff out and follow. They think the bait will certainly lead to impeachable evidence, or any evidence, anything, getting all the Trump-haters to focus hard and scrutinise every letter of every word of every sentence that is Trump-related in the hope of nailing him. But all they'll find is the opposite of what they're looking for.

What a very clever way though to wake up ardent dem voters to the Truth - Trump could tell them Truth till the cows come home but they hate him so much they'll just never listen. So trick them into searching thru relevant documentation themselves. Trump-haters will be keen, thorough, and leave no stone unturned in their scrutiny. But all they'll be faced with is dem corruption and crimes.

They won't be able to ignore/deny what their own thorough research reveals, will they?

It's actually quite brilliant.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

President Trump is sure showcasing that despotism with that partisan impeachment eh?

I'm actually left of center, you guys are just getting so far left that you are falling off the map. It must suck to lose so much to the smarter ones and be on the stupid side of history eh?

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I have a plan for that. It will go hand in hand with our desires. Term Limits are coming one way or another. It is not if but when now. The people see how that place between the Beltway is so mesmerizing that the very best are corrupted by having to work there.
edit on 28-11-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join